Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:50 pm

Just to clarify (because this is the exact reaction people had on my post on FB) - I’m not whining, upset or complaining ... I didn’t even take not of the January shipping thing in their post about the flat file sale and literally just said “saw a few people post their hauls ... anyone getting shipping notices.” And then people went into histrionics, lol.

And to be fair Paul, they updated their shipping about midway or more through January, it’s not like they’ve been super responsive lately.

I’m fine, I know I’ll get them and two of them I have been waiting for for years because they were longtime ISOs so another month doesn’t matter at all. But it’s always funny when people jump to defend Mondo just as stridently as those who complain about mondo.

Normally I just lol at both.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 pm

wait, i can get my money back?

also, agree re: they haven't been super responsive. At least not to me, and my inquiries weren't about the flat file sale
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:05 pm

eh. im more in the vein of waiting for a poster to ship is pretty nominal for the hobby. regardless of where the poster is coming from.

drop was end of november stating they were going to ship in january. january 10th is when they sent out the info on the delay bout a month and change after the drop. felt like a timely notice to me....and not to others...

I got a good deal on poster been after for a while. not really worried when its shipping.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:22 pm

Why is it a waste of time when I have a two sentence complaint. But your three paragraph rebuttal isn’t a waste of time.

And overall I’m not that upset with Mondo. As in my level upset is so low I haven’t messaged them once. More upset at the people defending Mondo. Those are the people that justify the problem and make acceptable behavior.

All in all. Think I’ll just add a block and be done with it.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:34 pm

lolz. please do.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Lol their most recent email to me (I had received their We're sorry email and replied to it) said prints will be "shipping through the end of February."

Not upset. Just laughing.
dauster88
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:23 pm

mondo teased a mandalorian/the child release on their instagram today.. possible print or vinyl. hoping for a print.
Cragars
Art Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:14 am

Come on man, tru fans wear the "deals with shitty shipping/communication" badge of honor proudly. Embrace the suck.
WolfBrewer
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:37 am

Mondo customer service is the absolute worst these days. Could give two fudges about receiving a poster within their planned timeline, but an email response should be doable.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:35 am

dauster88 wrote:
mondo teased a mandalorian/the child release on their instagram today.. possible print or vinyl. hoping for a print.
Art by Rory Kurtz.
Most likely timed.
KingMob
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:03 am

dauster88 wrote:
Saw that yesterday, too. Bottleneck is releasing a bb yoda on Thursday, so Battle of the Babies has begun :D !

I'm also a little surprised Mondo would be releasing something that will probably sell that well since that they have a massive shipping backlog, including the previous Mitchell timed release that I can imagine was over 1,000 prints. Rumor was that it was close to 3,000. I Hope they at least can combine shipping for folks waiting months on their stuff as new releases just keep coming out.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:05 am

Who will win the Child glory, Mondo or BNG? #cashgrab

Mondo took a huge hit when Ish left, but took a KO when the other Justin left. It's in shambles on the art output and customer service sides, two areas they used to excel at.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:12 am

wonkabars7 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:05 am
Who will win the Child glory, Mondo or BNG? #cashgrab

Mondo took a huge hit when Ish left, but took a KO when the other Justin left. It's in shambles on the art output and customer service sides, two areas they used to excel at.
I didn't even know Shaw had left until a recent post

There is a large staff page these days tho, so I wonder if it's too many chiefs and not enuff indians*.

*Non-PC but makes the point succinctly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:52 am

Yup, point taken and its a good one.

With the Chiefs in the superbowl (congrats kcbbq) and the 'Redskins' (?!?) still an accepted NFL team name, you're ok....
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:58 am

I don't think its the art output, the art is fine, I think alot has to do with expectations, licensing issues ( no credit blocks, likenesses are for the most part gone, licensors are becoming more involved in the design, etc) ,what alot of people seem to be whining about, no more of the big three ( moss, stout, or horkey for whatever reasons)....and the constant output of the same old licenses ( I understand its a business and they need to produce product that sells).

I do agree with the CS.... a huge dropoff. I know they are in the middle of a warehouse move. This could be the issue, and I hope its resolved.

I do think alot of this frustation could be traced to the private commission trend. How could Mondo compete with it, the PC's have no restrictions, no rules. Offbeat IP's can be done and theres no business risk. It is what it is, but I do feel if PC's were not around, I do not think there would be so much talk about art output.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?