Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 12:23 pm

bapaik wrote:So I'm just saying, if the process for Mondo is the same 95% of the time...it's not really ever hard.
and yet some will still complain that its hard because they are new and aren't used to things selling out so fast.

and yet some will complain about the complainers complaining.

time is a flat circle.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
rubberneck
Art God

Thu May 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:i only got one, how do i flip this now?
Put up an EB ISO with a high figure and also create a false sale on ebay.

Rant incessantly about it pops in person and pics don't do it justice when it arrives.

Mention car troubles and an un-approving wife who find alien iconography just too phallic.

Procure McRib Sandwich with ill-gotten gains. :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jkw3000
EB Team

bapaik wrote:
rubberneck wrote: Shopify bait & switch carting techniques make high demand drops difficult if you're not applying same.
This might be some next level stuff I'm unaware of...

Ultimately, I'm not trying to be annoying about this. SORRY GUYS.

I think you're just conflating how much easier it is for YOU with how easy it is for everybody, which...if it were, we wouldn't be as entertained by FB/Twitter feeds post-ZOMG drops. :wink:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
sincere86a
Art Expert

rubberneck wrote:Shopify bait & switch carting techniques make high demand drops difficult if you're not applying same.
This...
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 23, 2019 12:31 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
bapaik wrote:So I'm just saying, if the process for Mondo is the same 95% of the time...it's not really ever hard.
and yet some will still complain that its hard because they are new and aren't used to things selling out so fast.

and yet some will complain about the complainers complaining.

time is a flat circle.
True that. From a personal stand point, I just cringe at people "bragging." That's my flaw. I'm cool with "+1" ... but "+1 that was easy..." I cringe at. Plus, if people missed on it, it's sort of crapping on them, for it being "hard" for them.

Sorry that I've delved this far into it.

And Joe -- I guess I may be doing that. But even in the days when I started and was learning the ropes, it was more of a speed thing to me, not whether it was easy or hard.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 12:32 pm

rubberneck wrote:

Rant incessantly about it pops in person and pics don't do it justice when it arrives.

Mention car troubles and an un-approving wife who find alien iconography just too phallic.

obligatory at this point
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 23, 2019 12:34 pm

rubberneck wrote:

loooool.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm

people like the hunt of collecting. "+1" is just a check in. wouldn't call it so much a brag
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 23, 2019 12:36 pm

35mmpaul wrote:people like the hunt of collecting. "+1" is just a check in. wouldn't call it so much a brag
I said +1 is cool. I get that. But "+1 easy"...that's what I said is bragging.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 12:37 pm

sincere86a wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Apparently artist had a bit of a whine about it on FB. Until he realized his was actually unlicensed and reminded his own Harry Potter print was a cobbled together series of existing images, called out prior on FB.

Post since deleted. Serious business this art.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he obviously didn't #RWYA
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Codeblue wrote:Funkos still licking their wounds from stocking up on dat weird bee Halloween garbo.
lol Funkos.

Speaking of which I bought a fudge ton of those for my kids who no longer want or give a fudge about them. How do I unload them without having to go through drymounting price-guides and dealing as little as possible with "Funkos."

I tend to doubt there's anything overly rare in the bunch, but I probably have 100-150. With boxes.
sincere86a
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2019 12:44 pm

hunterjax wrote:How do I unload them without having to go through drymounting price-guides and dealing as little as possible with "Funkos."
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu May 23, 2019 12:51 pm

If the boxes and figures ain't stone cold minty phresh fuggetaboutit.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu May 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Codeblue wrote:Funkos still licking their wounds from stocking up on dat weird bee Halloween garbo.

LOL they are still licking their wounds over quite a few art purchases. They are going to learn pretty quickly that this fudge a little more niche than sneakers and funkos. They are getting rekt

Ps every time I’ve seen that traxs person post I always think it’s trarex. POUR ONE OUT
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu May 23, 2019 12:55 pm

hunterjax wrote:
lol Funkos.

Speaking of which I bought a fudge ton of those for my kids who no longer want or give a fudge about them. How do I unload them without having to go through drymounting price-guides and dealing as little as possible with "Funkos."

I tend to doubt there's anything overly rare in the bunch, but I probably have 100-150. With boxes.
Popped into a B&N store last weekend to use up some coupons. The place was littered with Funko's. LIke columns of them stacked from floor to head height.

Only ever got the BR set and even those are too cutesy and naff for my liking. These and Tikkis I just don't get as a must-have collectible.

Is decent ROI on Funko's still a thing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"