Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:59 pm

matowest wrote:Some folks would be over the moon for that, I'm sure
Others would likely be butthurt.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Chandler53 wrote:
justin wrote:Last month's Captain Marvel variant just shipped
I got my Timed Reg in the mail yesterday. They moved pretty quick on that.
Meanwhile, my non-timed Ansin Black Panther from 2 months ago is still in production. :roll:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
ryan916
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:50 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Chandler53 wrote:
justin wrote:Last month's Captain Marvel variant just shipped
I got my Timed Reg in the mail yesterday. They moved pretty quick on that.
Meanwhile, my non-timed Ansin Black Panther from 2 months ago is still in production. :roll:
They just shipped the Greg Ruth Twin Peaks screen prints, which they've had for quite some time.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:37 pm

No advertised marvel drop, No alien day announcement ( when they were listed as a contributor) ... what is going on over in Austin!?
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:53 pm

Buckhammer wrote:No advertised marvel drop, No alien day announcement ( when they were listed as a contributor) ... what is going on over in Austin!?
Maybe they’re participating by alienating themselves
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:03 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:No advertised marvel drop, No alien day announcement ( when they were listed as a contributor) ... what is going on over in Austin!?
Maybe they’re participating by alienating themselves
I guess I got my hopes up... my chest is bursting with anticipation.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:07 pm

I'm sure something will land.

Bartel's timed edition ends on Sunday which seems like a very odd time-frame (six days?)... would make sense to release another timed edition tomorrow that ends at the same time on Sunday.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:24 pm

We need MORE alien posters?

They just announced a marvel poster a few days ago. and more than likely there will be an endgame poster in the future. but who cares if its released tomorrow if it still wont be in hand for 3-4 months.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:37 pm

35mmpaul wrote:

They just announced a marvel poster a few days ago. and more than likely there will be an endgame poster in the future. but who cares if its released tomorrow if it still wont be in hand for 3-4 months.
The people want their MONDDDOO. Plz MONDO! NOTICE ME! GIVE US SOMETHING TO BUY! WE’LL TAKE ANOTHER ALIEN TIKI AT THIS POINT WE JUST NEED SOMETHING!
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:00 pm

35mmpaul wrote:

I love that you said "We need more alien posters?" and then go on about MORE marvel posters.
but fanbases are fanbases. I like the Alien Universe so I wanna see posters for it. You obivously like what you like.
I dont give a crap about Marvel, or star wars (which I think has just alittle more poster output than Alien) but you don't see me going "We Need MORE Marvel Posters?"
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:05 pm

Eh, I think there's a difference between people waiting on a poster for a new, big deal movie coming out this weekend (even if it's a Marvel one) versus a movie that people have complained about oversaturation for in the past. But whatevs, I'm not against either of them getting more more more, people are probably more expectant given that they've mentioned having more MCU and Alien merch incoming but things have been quiet.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:11 pm

lol. great talk buck. you asked about the marvel posters.

hope this helps you in your quest for alien posters.

http://expressobeans.com/public/search. ... en&class=0
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:34 pm

I don't think the franchise is the issue.

I think, ccsmd was kind of on to something, very crudley though. While I'm not chomping at the bit to buy any garbage souvenir shop items (tikis, board games, shirts, pins, lunchboxes, etc) - those mondo sheep exist, sure...

...I am just desperate to see something even worth buying from Mondo. Every franchise that is licensable is oversaturated at this point, I think a good amount of people are clinging onto the hope that good prints will appear more frequently than they have in the last couple of years. We normally go a few months with mediocre releases then get something good every 3-6 months. Normally at conventions or a gallery show. It just feels like a very long drought.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:00 am

contradictory to my poster motto, i am in favor of more alien