Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4891
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:12 pm

Love, companionship, understanding and acceptance are the only real grails, no?
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23207
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:29 pm

matowest wrote:Love, companionship, understanding and acceptance are the only real grails, no?
The real grail was the friends we made along the way.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:01 pm

This thread is final back on the grails
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4619
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:54 pm

SPAC04 wrote:This thread is final back on the grails
it was off track for too long . . .
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
Dobby
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:02 pm

tehhippy wrote:Good tagline on that DOOM...

Image
Image
Just want to point out that Army of Darkness originally was supposed to be the teaser/opener for the game Doom. That's why in the game you start with a chainsaw and shotgun. It's also the deal with the alternative Army of Darkness ending, that was actually supposed to be the original ending, Ash slept too long and woke up after the apocalypse . It was scrapped for some reason I cant remember. (So, while I have no opinion on the poster itself, the tagline is actually a pretty good throwback that you caught)
howdyall
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 976
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:12 am

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:04 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
matowest wrote:Love, companionship, understanding and acceptance are the only real grails, no?
The real grail was the friends we made along the way.
at least until they drymount you on that PB that turned into a great flip
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23207
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:12 pm

ANYWAY...

https://drafthouse.com/dfw/show/texas-f ... -cast-live
This screening will feature the release of a new Mondo A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET poster by artist Ghoulish Gary Pullin, exclusively for sale first at the screening.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert
Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:16 am

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:21 pm

jkw3000 wrote:ANYWAY...

https://drafthouse.com/dfw/show/texas-f ... -cast-live
This screening will feature the release of a new Mondo A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET poster by artist Ghoulish Gary Pullin, exclusively for sale first at the screening.
Print sold separately
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25713
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:28 pm

Woo5lscott wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:ANYWAY...

https://drafthouse.com/dfw/show/texas-f ... -cast-live
This screening will feature the release of a new Mondo A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET poster by artist Ghoulish Gary Pullin, exclusively for sale first at the screening.
Print sold separately
Grail?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
howdyall
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 976
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:12 am

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Gary doesn't do grails
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Grailish Gary Pullin?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
ajmmck
Art Expert
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Location: Australia

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Pullin Gary

This is the word association thread now yeah?
User avatar
egrimens
Art Expert
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:28 am

matowest wrote:If it can be easily obtained on the aftermarket for under $160 shipped to your door, it is not a grail. It is an impulse buy.
If it was released today and you missed the opportunity to buy it for cost, it is not a grail. It is a missed opportunity.

This is just wrong.

I'm not saying Doom will be a "Grail" by any stretch of the word, but you might want to take a look at the sales history for Durieux's Jaws (that's a "Grail" right?) for the first couple of days...
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4891
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:35 am

egrimens wrote:
matowest wrote:If it can be easily obtained on the aftermarket for under $160 shipped to your door, it is not a grail. It is an impulse buy.
If it was released today and you missed the opportunity to buy it for cost, it is not a grail. It is a missed opportunity.

This is just wrong.

I'm not saying Doom will be a "Grail" by any stretch of the word, but you might want to take a look at the sales history for Durieux's Jaws (that's a "Grail" right?) for the first couple of days...
K, but like, literally no one was calling Jaws a grail on drop day. Took a while. Doom might become a grail in a few years (it won't), but it's not a grail on day one, which was largely my point.
User avatar
Jamilton
Art Expert
Posts: 1343
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:36 am

egrimens wrote:
matowest wrote:If it can be easily obtained on the aftermarket for under $160 shipped to your door, it is not a grail. It is an impulse buy.
If it was released today and you missed the opportunity to buy it for cost, it is not a grail. It is a missed opportunity.

This is just wrong.

I'm not saying Doom will be a "Grail" by any stretch of the word, but you might want to take a look at the sales history for Durieux's Jaws (that's a "Grail" right?) for the first couple of days...
You guys will all be sorry when Spielberg shows off his new Doom posters.
Post Reply