Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Btw the film is set in 1860's. Statue of Liberty was erected (this ones for you blue!) in 1886.

So I assume the artist chose a more modern version just to represent the iconic skyline rather than that as used on original posters which seems to reflect it as per the period of the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Gitd variant edition: Don't Eat the Yellow Snow

NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
isunktheship
Art Expert

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:46 pm

rubberneck wrote:
isunktheship wrote:Makes sense to me, the sun is behind the boys, their shadows become the (inverted) skyline, the snow is dug out
Technically the building lines should not be straight and instead follow the contour of the snow surface which is not flat.
Ah I see what you mean, the edges shouldn't be so clean, that's for sure..

I'm more annoyed by this:
rubberneck wrote:Btw the film is set in 1860's. Statue of Liberty was erected (this ones for you blue!) in 1886.
Yup, the final scenes of the movie are in 1863.. Statue of Liberty construction didn't even begin until the 1870's. I didn't see the statue shadow until you pointed this out.. d'oh!
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:49 pm

drymount THIS POSTER. HOW DARE THEY....
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
isunktheship
Art Expert

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:52 pm

I wouldn't even decorate the inside of my garbage can with this WORTHLESS WASTE OF PAPER

/s
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:56 pm

ISO PB
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:02 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:ISO PB
Will pb for 100% tip
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:06 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
Will pb for 100% tip

Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:31 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
Will pb for 100% tip
Maybe then Mondo will waive the 1 per person rule and let you grab half the run.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
fallchild
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Kramerica wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
Will pb for 100% tip
Maybe then Mondo will waive the 1 per person rule and let you grab half the run.

Nailed it
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:04 pm

ChrisV wrote:Can't get a single face, but Harvey Weinstein's drymounting name is still on there...
i've heard this complaint by a few but if you want credits on a movie and he produced it, his name isn't going anywhere.

especially if its officially licensed.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:19 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Can't get a single face, but Harvey Weinstein's drymounting name is still on there...
i've heard this complaint by a few but if you want credits on a movie and he produced it, his name isn't going anywhere.

Maybe we shouldn't be asking/wanting officially licensed weinstein co posters... since the money from this license is going into his pockets. ( until 100% sold off)
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:29 pm

i gotta few of these left wit no Weinstein LoL! $20 make u holla
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Buckhammer wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

Maybe we shouldn't be asking/wanting officially licensed weinstein co posters... since the money from this license is going into his pockets. ( until 100% sold off)
i mean if you want to get SUPER technical about it this was a Miramax movie. And he left the company in 2005. So it more than likely he isn't getting any money from this.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

i mean if you want to get SUPER technical about it this was a Miramax movie. And he left the company in 2005. So it more than likely he isn't getting any money from this.
People are actually bitching about this....? Right...
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”