Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Everyone here has more than enuff equity in paper to do a trade if they really want a new piece.

Give it a few days and see what's worth trading. Once the hype and rage cools off, you'll see where the Zomg new piece stands in your iso list.

Most times, some distance shows hype over actual desire for the shiny new paper.

Lottery also helps keep the rage buying down for Stouts. And the delusion of getting one for face, alive...
Last edited by rubberneck on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:18 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Eh, there's always a weird psychology to accept that you being as fast as possible may not be good enough compared to other people's fast as possible. I mean, I always thought I had the tallest hair, but that trip to Graceland really opened my eyes.

Nothing wrong with getting upset, it just doesn't help to let it dictate what you do. Least that's what this fortune cookie is telling me...
As the saying goes...my better is better than your better
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:20 pm

rubberneck wrote:Everyone here has more than enuff equity in paper to do a trade if they really want a new piece.

Give it a few days and see what's worth trading. Once the hype and rage cools off, you'll see where the Zomg new piece stands in your iso list.

Most times, some distance shows hype over actual desire for the shiny new paper.
ZOMG FOIL VARIANT INCOMING
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:22 pm

I think today justifies rolling out this old post yet again...
rubberneck wrote:Looking forward to settling in tomorrow with a strong coffee, an anticipation for much shenanigans, mis-information, panic, pleading and self entitlement. :pint:

Figured this old post may help some over the Christmas period: 8)
rubberneck wrote:
Emotional Stages of a Failed Drop:

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the failed drop with disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. You will stare at the PC screen and refresh the page in the hope it is a technical glitch!
2. PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.
You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do before the drop. Use the toilet earlier, wear nappies, have three screens running, install C4C. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.
3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the failed drop on someone else. You will hit the relevant forums with vitriol and childish whinings. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your online relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion. You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain for the print at face with fellow ebeaners for a way out of your despair.
4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your online friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning ebeaners. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.
During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, how much its selling for on Ebay and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, avoid the particular thread, reflect on how you would have framed it/flipped it, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.
5. THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without the print, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.
6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your print. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without it. You will set up an ISO and see if other online shops are offering it at near face.
7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE- During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this failed drop. But you will find a way forward. You will turn to fellow forum members for help in tracking down your ISO and even to Ebay where reasonable prices are offered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:24 pm

#TBT
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:25 pm

"you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this failed drop."

GOLD.
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:26 pm

rubberneck wrote:Everyone here has more than enuff equity in paper to do a trade if they really want a new piece.

Lottery also helps keep the rage buying down for Stouts. And the delusion of getting one for face, alive...
True through and through.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Mondo needs to definitely remove the facebook comment feature...every comment as usual is completely non conducive to anything. Especially that asshat posting a picture of a gun - might be fun and games but people are cray cray. Time to pull the plug for sure.
Last edited by ccsmd598 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
Jamilton
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:38 pm

I got more pissed off about missing out on the NES Classic on release day than I have about any posters recently. That fudge was dumb. But amazingly, I managed to score a reg Civil War today as well as an NES Classic on the amazon restock.

I think I should just start my weekend early now.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:45 pm

I get pissed off when I'm successful at an ZOMG drop. But I try anyway.
rerocustom1989
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Man... these things sold out fast today. GJ to anyone who actually got one and isn't lying about their +1s.
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Once I missed the Age of Ultron and Mr. Fox (didn't have a chance really on either)... missing this one does not hurt as much.
This one will settle down around Goonie territory at some point and another print will be out to distract and make us post silly back and forths on such items.
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:31 pm

bethemonkey wrote:This one will settle down around Goonie territory at some point and another print will be out to distract and make us post silly back and forths on such items.
You think so? I feel like Civil War redeemed this franchise for me. It's a turd, but it's the shiniest one they got right now.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:34 pm

EgoDeath wrote:
bethemonkey wrote:This one will settle down around Goonie territory at some point and another print will be out to distract and make us post silly back and forths on such items.
You think so? I feel like Civil War redeemed this franchise for me. It's a turd, but it's the shiniest one they got right now.
Nah...this will be GOTG territory
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:37 pm

I do... goonies is a classic and this does seem a bit crammed even for a stout.
Looking at his Star Wars, it's laid out much better than this with actually scenes and Vehicles from the films.
This one just has people.

quote="EgoDeath"]
You think so? I feel like Civil War redeemed this franchise for me. It's a turd, but it's the shiniest one they got right now.[/quote]
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.