Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:15 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:wonka forever backseat driving in the mondo thread
Nah, I'm thankfully never really riding in it, or any car you are in.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:19 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:bitch bitch bitch criticize criticize criticize

ftfy
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:21 pm

What's become of us? We used to be so much better!

just kidding, always a bunch of assholes here
That's what she said
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:22 pm

no we didn't.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
loosehead
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:18 pm

still bummed that there was no mention of donating a % of sales from the Wicket print to Ewok charities. I mean those little guys are nearly extinct. them caravans of courage don't run on air.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Set up a gofundme to get Hayden Christensen out of Jedi. I'm sure Mondo would donate 10% of profits.
That's what she said
toobs
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:38 pm

loosehead wrote:still bummed that there was no mention of donating a % of sales from the Wicket print to Ewok charities. I mean those little guys are nearly extinct. them caravans of courage don't run on air.
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:45 pm

weshallallbe wrote:I'm confused. Am I allowed to just buy the portrait and then let Mondo do whatever they want with my money? Because that's what I've been doing and I thought that was ok. Also I like animals.
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:49 pm

I'll play devils advocate. So Mondo's attempt at a "goodwill" gesture of donating 10% of the profits gets criticized. Sure, 10% will be a paltry number but at least it's something. So those in the know see it as lip service, great, clearly we know Mondo is using it to potentially move more prints. Oh well, that's business.

And, while we are on the topic, BNG chooses to donate 100% of profits, fantastic! But, how do we know what the profits ultimately were? Was there a spread sheet provided breaking down all costs? How do we know they didn't get a substantial discount on all the bikes purchased? Hell, how do we know the bikes weren't donated free of charge from the bike manufacture or even a bike shop. It's a slippery slope when all the facts aren't presented, so in essence, BNG's "100% donation" could be the equivalent of Mondo's 10% in the end. You have to be able to see the forest for the trees. But boy BNG sure does look good in comparison.

And tangent sidetrack observation to something someone mentioned about how terrible this week has been for them (politically speaking). How has the first week of Trump being in office seriously affected anyone here? Are you in the process of getting deported as we speak? Has your right to choose been taken away? If you're a woman are you making even less than your male counter part today then you did a week ago? Oh, that's right under Obama you barely were payed equally as well - but I digress. I love watching this play out. It's like a nation of entitled, show-up-and-get-your-participation-trophy-because-no-one-is-a-loser-cry-babies just got their binkies taken away. It time you ladies man up to reality. Life is not one giant handout. Funding groups like Planned Parenthood, AMTRAK or even the United States Postal Service, et al, is not a right... it's a taxation. And I know you'll argue it's more than that... but you're wrong.

Also, this "wall" everyone is pissing their pants about, even tho I support the idea, I know the reality will only be symbolic in nature. It will never go from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf Coast, that's an impossibility both financially and geographically. They will start to build it but it will never be completed. So all those illegals you so greatly desire and that your tax paying dollars will ultimately fund (medical, housing, food, ETB, etc) and the potential terrorists can continue to cross unabated. Sleep well you little snowflakes. Life will continue just as you knew it under Obama's leadership, but Trump is actually going to try and effect "Hope and Change" for real this time.

Back on track, I support (and I have been very critical of Mondo in the past) whatever they choose to donate, even if it's only being done for publicity.

Have a nice day!
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:50 pm

now we're arguing over charity donations. I hate this place sometimes. seriously wonka have a coke and a smile and STFU w ur constant negativity
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:52 pm

The bubble's burst and now the REAL money is in flipping limited edition bottles of McDonald's Big Mac Secret Sauce.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
toobs
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:54 pm

jkw3000 wrote:The bubble's burst and now the REAL money is in flipping limited edition bottles of McDonald's Big Mac Secret Sauce.
dis guy gets it . . . .shut up DAN! :wink:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:55 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:now we're arguing over charity donations. I hate this place sometimes. seriously wonka have a coke and a smile and STFU w ur constant negativity
Seriously GBD, have a shower. Maybe afterwards, realize I didn't post this latest one.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:56 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:Sleep well you little snowflakes.
thanks!
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:57 pm

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!