Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
AldoTheApache
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:03 pm

35mmpaul wrote:it was a free give away?
Yes, free giveaway,

And yeah it's not the greatest print ever but has a cool xmas-ish snowfall feeling and serves as a cool gig-poster-type souvenir from a really fun screening and that is the cool part to me. You can buy any print you want, but you can't buy the experience of the overall event and this just serves as part of it for me, so I'll gladly have this up on my wall.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:18 pm

So it goes...
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:18 pm

-free lobby cards on the way in
-QT introduced the movie and stayed for the whole movie!
-insane rudolph cartoon which had me laughing harder then anything this whole year
-amazing 90s Channing Tatum Mountain Dew commercial
-trailer show including The Thing and McCabe & Mrs Miller
-standard cheap concessions that the new bev kills it on (frozen junior mints and hot apple cider)
-hateful 8 playing to a packed crowd of fans?? AMAZING. So much fun.
-free Mondo poster by PCC on the way out!

Best Christmas movie going EVER!
Last edited by cutterbutter on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Sounds like a ton of fun. Congrats to those who were able to attend.
So it goes...
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Well looks like I have to eat crow on that no Mondo guess. Congrats on the freebie guys.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
AldoTheApache
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:47 pm

cutterbutter wrote:-free lobby cards on the way in
-insane rudolph cartoon which had me laughing harder then anything this whole year
-standard cheap concessions that the new bev kills it on (frozen junior mints and hot apple cider)

And he wished us all merry Xmas when it was over.
Super fun screening!
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Ha I loved hearing his voice come out of the crowd when the lights came up.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:03 pm

cutterbutter wrote:-free lobby cards on the way in

Sounded like a good time... :D
WolfBrewer
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:49 am

AldoTheApache wrote: And yeah it's not the greatest print ever but has a cool xmas-ish snowfall feeling and serves as a cool gig-poster-type souvenir from a really fun screening and that is the cool part to me. You can buy any print you want, but you can't buy the experience of the overall event and this just serves as part of it for me, so I'll gladly have this up on my wall.
Agreed 100%. Sounds like a great night!
FastballSpecial
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Princess Leia, one with the force.

wonkabars7
Art Expert

Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Selfishly I have always wanted ANH hair buns profile portrait done of her. Seems perfect for the series.

Regardless if this is released, 100% of the proceeds should go to charities she supported. #BNG
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:27 pm

An uncharacteristically great portrait for MM
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:49 am

wonkabars7 wrote:Selfishly I have always wanted ANH hair buns profile portrait done of her. Seems perfect for the series.

Regardless if this is released, 100% of the proceeds should go to charities she supported. #BNG
100% of the proceeds do not need to go to charities she supported. If Mondo wants to do so, then good for them - fantastic. This print was clearly in the making long before Carrie had any life-threatening health issues. If people really care about the charities that Carrie supported and want to donate in the spirit of her legacy then there's nothing stopping them from donating right NOW and not waiting for a portrait of her to be released to justify donating to charity.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
ChrisV
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:55 am

ccsmd598 wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:Selfishly I have always wanted ANH hair buns profile portrait done of her. Seems perfect for the series.

100% of the proceeds do not need to go to charities she supported. If Mondo wants to do so, then good for them - fantastic. This print was clearly in the making long before Carrie had any life-threatening health issues. If people really care about the charities that Carrie supported and want to donate in the spirit of her legacy then there's nothing stopping them from donating right NOW and not waiting for a portrait of her to be released to justify donating to charity.
Way to be a grinch...jeez.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:58 am

ccsmd598 wrote:

That's an oddly negative and aggressive response to what was a simple, good-natured suggestion.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH