Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Muppelope wrote:Glad you guys are having fun. Sorry I'm in college and can't afford to buy every poster I want and maybe get a little salty when one that I hesitantly passed on quintuples in value the next day.
Just wait til ya have kids, and they have doctors appointments..
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:21 pm

playa787 wrote:Wonder how Mondo is gonna handle sdcc this year. Can't say I was a fan of the mystery drops last year again.
They said they will post teases as we get closer to SDCC (they already teased some Cartoon Network fudge), so I imagine it will be similar to how it was last year. Some folks asked Mondo about pre-orders, like that one magical year, but they shot it down.
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Just wait til ya have kids, and they have doctors appointments..
Or just don't have kids.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:04 pm

EPIC tarddumb in here today!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:55 pm

SteveGo wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:Just wait til ya have kids, and they have doctors appointments..
Or just don't have kids.
No emotional angle then tho...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:13 pm

rubberneck wrote:
SteveGo wrote:
Or just don't have kids.
No emotional angle then tho...
How else will you get 4 olly moss Zeldas though?
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:10 am

SteveGo wrote:
Or just don't have kids.
But then you won't be able to use that as an excuse to ask for help...isn't that the purpose of children?
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:28 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
SteveGo wrote:
Or just don't have kids.
But then you won't be able to use that as an excuse to ask for help...isn't that the purpose of children?
#kidswall #kidlovesit #kidsbirthday #sickkid #kidsfavoritefilm #doctorsappointmentatexactlytimeofthedrop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
PumSpak

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:43 am

One cool thing about Mondo at SDCC last year was that they announced what times things would be dropping even though it was a mystery. They also made it clear that nothing would drop on Sunday and they stuck to that. From 2012-2014 I barely explored the exhibit hall, as I just lurked around the Mondo booth waiting for the next potential drop.
followmefilms
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:01 am

I love these times when I haven't looked at this thread in a few days and there are just several pages of forum gold. You guys crack me up.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:37 am

Shitty 8x10 bootleg of Pullin's Scream. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scream-Mondo-Mo ... 2445169882
I recommend reporting this item.
So it goes...
Lightagami
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:43 am

They did reveal what would be dropping at SDCC the day before. The only ones that were mystery were the morning releases or the first release of the day.
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:54 pm

rubberneck wrote:#kidswall #kidlovesit #kidsbirthday #sickkid #kidsfavoritefilm #doctorsappointmentatexactlytimeofthedrop
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
SteveGo wrote:
Or just don't have kids.
I thought it was free labor?
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Just dropping in and had to mention, is anyone else disappointed in Mondo Records lately? Not sure where else to vent, but I got my copy of Dead Ringers today and the obi slip is comically inserted upside down and backwards.. very confusing as I like to leave the obi strips alone. Inside, the record sleeve has been shoved in completely tearing the spine, all smushed up. Lastly, there used to be quite a bit of neat content inside.. Liner Notes, or something. Nothing inside here.. It took me about a few minutes to figure out they had printed the liner notes on the Obi Strip.. Quite a shame.. Worst of all is the awful noise and pops, although I did get a variant so I half expected that. The Prometheus release was equally as disappointing.. Loud surface noise, the printing on the jacket and sleeve is all faded and riddled with editorial mistakes and typos. On the other hand, DW Synchronicity came in and what a beautiful presentation. Nice liner notes, beautiful vinyl, and respect is shown to the director and composer and the quality of the vinyl is something else. Reminds me of Waxwork, where they are giving the composer the same attention as the film and letting the director show some love. I also received Black Swan, the older mondo title and it made me long for the days when Mondo seemed to actually care about releasing records. Oh well, I'll give Crash one last chance but after that, I think it's time to call it a day. Sorry for the long rant but I just wanted to vent and see if I was alone on this.