Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
charter
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:04 pm

danieldanger wrote:it was me. there are not enough printers in the US for timed or open edition everything, thats just fact. printing 10,000 prints takes 10x as long as 1000 prints, and theres a distinct amount of prints a shop can output in a working day, and theres limited days in a year. mondo already clogs up print shops with the normal editions as-is. you will never have to worry about mondo going all-timed edition because its not possible (unless they released like a quarter of the prints they would in a year). expect timed editions on select flagship pieces, same ol same ol on everything else. nothing is going to change because the printing industry would have to change first.
Very true.

Lord Kingshit Print Shoppe?
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:05 pm

charter wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:
finneganm wrote:You can keep that thrill of the hunt fudge to yourself. I like being able to buy directly from the artist/gallery without stress. If you don't want it because there too many of them out there, you really don't want it.
PREACH
There will always be a disconnect between those poster fans and those collectors who enjoy collecting limited edition items. This company primarily catered for the latter. It's a shift which of course makes sense from a business perspective.

Limited edition always has an appeal, hence why so many companies use it as a selling point.

It's not always about greed but a feeling of having something than is not mass produced, being part of a 'club' or 'collective'. Its not the driver for appreciating the art but certainly embellishes the appreciation for many and drives the communities who wish to trade/sell or hunt prior products.
Which is why Mondo is where it's at now as opposed to where it was when Doyle ran the place. Limited creates market buzz around your brand....which is why all collectible boutiques use limited as you mentioned
it really does, just like all the toys at comic con; I've been going to that convention for over 10 years and there is always a line at hasbro and mattel that make fanboys weep for hours. Funko had people line up a full day in advance for bobbleheads this last year before con even started.
pleasediedistro
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Let the bots do the printing.
charter wrote:
danieldanger wrote:it was me. there are not enough printers in the US for timed or open edition everything, thats just fact. printing 10,000 prints takes 10x as long as 1000 prints, and theres a distinct amount of prints a shop can output in a working day, and theres limited days in a year. mondo already clogs up print shops with the normal editions as-is. you will never have to worry about mondo going all-timed edition because its not possible (unless they released like a quarter of the prints they would in a year). expect timed editions on select flagship pieces, same ol same ol on everything else. nothing is going to change because the printing industry would have to change first.
Very true.

Lord Kingshit Print Shoppe?
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm usually not a second printing fan but I'd be so down for one of Stouts SW set but make it like 10 colors(green Yoda!)
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:34 pm

dasponyboy wrote:I'm usually not a second printing fan but I'd be so down for one of Stouts SW set but make it like 10 colors(green Yoda!)
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:38 pm

dasponyboy wrote:I'm usually not a second printing fan but I'd be so down for one of Stouts SW set but make it like 10 colors(green Yoda!)
will never happen as per the poster giant we know as the mondo being strict about no reprints, end your conversation here to avoid elitists breathing heavy on their keyboards saying "noo noo noo noo 2nd printing of zomg stouts I own one and it's mine and no one else should have his art mine mine mine"
pleasediedistro
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:45 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
will never happen as per the poster giant we know as the mondo being strict about no reprints, end your conversation here to avoid elitists breathing heavy on their keyboards saying "noo noo noo noo 2nd printing of zomg stouts I own one and it's mine and no one else should have his art mine mine mine"
Please, enlighten us with more things you've learned within this thread in the last two weeks.

EDIT: Sorry, sorry, I am a snarky little bitch-bitch of a man.
matowest
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:46 pm

45spacer
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:48 pm

New Superman variant:

jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm usually not a second printing fan but I'd be so down for anything that benefits me and me alone.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm aware that it will never happen but a little girl can dream can't she???

And Mobius that was perfect :lol:
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:58 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
bapaik wrote:I'll only follow if you Tweet out when your code identifies minor changes on the page script so I can score some sweet 4/4ssssssss.
lmao

circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:59 pm

keefdotorg wrote:
Please, enlighten us with more things you've learned within this thread in the last two weeks.

To be honest I have learned that almost everyone is on their own when it comes to prints from mondo and then you have nice people who are willing to proxy at con or a show they put on, but 85% of this thread is snarky fan boys that probably are really nice people irl, but in this thread internet personalities love to be something totally different. I'm all for a good dialogue, but sometimes we get off topic and pick on people and that sort of thing needs to stop.
pleasediedistro
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:01 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
sometimes we get off topic and pick on people and that sort of thing needs to stop.
Remember...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:10 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
keefdotorg wrote:

To be honest I have learned that almost everyone is on their own when it comes to prints from mondo and then you have nice people who are willing to proxy at con or a show they put on, but 85% of this thread is snarky fan boys that probably are really nice people irl, but in this thread internet personalities love to be something totally different. I'm all for a good dialogue, but sometimes we get off topic and pick on people and that sort of thing needs to stop.
This... is a legitimate post.