Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
fleurgasm
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:31 pm

I really like this place. +1 post count
User avatar
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:17 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:33 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
This place didn't exist before 2016 to you, huh?
It didn't exist until someone at comic con last year mentioned it to me, I neglected to make an account solely because I didn't have time because I was helping curate an art show in a university gallery, I am not privy to what is known within the realms of this board outside of this year, so yes you are right to point that out, put me in my place if you wish. lol
pleasediedistro
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
Posts: 6003
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Justin Ishmael, bots, and timed editions...must be Mondo drop day
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:35 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:I can't help, but feel like Tyler Stout spent a lot of time staring at Drew's work on the front of VHS boxes at his local video store growing up.
Duh. You didn't?
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
Posts: 6003
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Bryn where u at? We need you to sniff out the real identity of another alt
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
User avatar
adamrworsell
Art Expert
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:33 am

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Just spent 10 mins reading back through posts... Didn't fail to entertain. :pint:
User avatar
bapaik
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:38 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
This place didn't exist before 2016 to you, huh?
It didn't exist until someone at comic con last year mentioned it to me, I neglected to make an account solely because I didn't have time because I was helping curate an art show in a university gallery, I am not privy to what is known within the realms of this board outside of this year, so yes you are right to point that out, put me in my place if you wish. lol
Hey! I've been on here an equally short time as well, but haven't gotten hassled nearly as much. I also don't come on here talking about how I've developed my F5 technique to a tee, and here let me enlighten everybody. I've found everyone here to be pretty chill, and I've actually learned a lot from this board and others on EB. Everyone's gonna wanna poke the bear when you say things like "curate an art show in a university gallery," though.

Also, it's great and all that you've scored three prints. I hope you enjoy them. I think that while scoring art is great, half the fun is the chance that you won't end up with something. If everyone could get it, it wouldn't be as much fun.
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4893
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Thread is fire today :clap:
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8602
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:41 pm

bapaik wrote:
circlexcomplete wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
This place didn't exist before 2016 to you, huh?
It didn't exist until someone at comic con last year mentioned it to me, I neglected to make an account solely because I didn't have time because I was helping curate an art show in a university gallery, I am not privy to what is known within the realms of this board outside of this year, so yes you are right to point that out, put me in my place if you wish. lol
Hey! I've been on here an equally short time as well, but haven't gotten hassled nearly as much. I also don't come on here talking about how I've developed my F5 technique to a tee, and here let me enlighten everybody. I've found everyone here to be pretty chill, and I've actually learned a lot from this board and others on EB. Everyone's gonna wanna poke the bear when you say things like "curate an art show in a university gallery," though.

Also, it's great and all that you've scored three prints. I hope you enjoy them. I think that while scoring art is great, half the fun is the chance that you won't end up with something. If everyone could get it, it wouldn't be as much fun.
Don't worry it'll happen.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:42 pm

bapaik wrote:Hey! I've been on here an equally short time as well, but haven't gotten hassled nearly as much.
3,2,1... :P just kidding
User avatar
keefdotorg
Art Expert
Posts: 2808
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 pm
Location: Awesometown, USA
Contact:

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:43 pm

bapaik wrote:Hey! I've been on here an equally short time as well, but haven't gotten hassled nearly as much. I also don't come on here talking about how I've developed my F5 technique to a tee, and here let me enlighten everybody. I've found everyone here to be pretty chill, and I've actually learned a lot from this board and others on EB. Everyone's gonna wanna poke the bear when you say things like "curate an art show in a university gallery," though.
This.

Words of wisdom when joining any weird, insular, incestual community: Lurk More.

Your (circlexcomplete's) recent behavior would be like if I barged into your "university gallery" and complained about how other galleries had more abstract art (or proto-brutalism, or whatever your "university gallery" doesn't have). It rankles. Start slow, figure out what the discourse is usually like, and THEN if you decide you want to take some bold stands, go for it, but then you won't be blindsided when people LOL and post spiderman memes, and you'll be less likely to rage-react.

This isn't for you, bapaik. You seem to be Lurking The Right Amount and contributing in less incendiary ways.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25831
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:43 pm

matowest wrote:Thread is fire today :clap:
Like the day after a curry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
AliRock110
Art Expert
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:43 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
bapaik wrote:
circlexcomplete wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
This place didn't exist before 2016 to you, huh?
It didn't exist until someone at comic con last year mentioned it to me, I neglected to make an account solely because I didn't have time because I was helping curate an art show in a university gallery, I am not privy to what is known within the realms of this board outside of this year, so yes you are right to point that out, put me in my place if you wish. lol
Hey! I've been on here an equally short time as well, but haven't gotten hassled nearly as much. I also don't come on here talking about how I've developed my F5 technique to a tee, and here let me enlighten everybody. I've found everyone here to be pretty chill, and I've actually learned a lot from this board and others on EB. Everyone's gonna wanna poke the bear when you say things like "curate an art show in a university gallery," though.

Also, it's great and all that you've scored three prints. I hope you enjoy them. I think that while scoring art is great, half the fun is the chance that you won't end up with something. If everyone could get it, it wouldn't be as much fun.
Don't worry it'll happen.
This
User avatar
bapaik
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:43 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
bapaik wrote:
circlexcomplete wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
This place didn't exist before 2016 to you, huh?
It didn't exist until someone at comic con last year mentioned it to me, I neglected to make an account solely because I didn't have time because I was helping curate an art show in a university gallery, I am not privy to what is known within the realms of this board outside of this year, so yes you are right to point that out, put me in my place if you wish. lol
Hey! I've been on here an equally short time as well, but haven't gotten hassled nearly as much. I also don't come on here talking about how I've developed my F5 technique to a tee, and here let me enlighten everybody. I've found everyone here to be pretty chill, and I've actually learned a lot from this board and others on EB. Everyone's gonna wanna poke the bear when you say things like "curate an art show in a university gallery," though.

Also, it's great and all that you've scored three prints. I hope you enjoy them. I think that while scoring art is great, half the fun is the chance that you won't end up with something. If everyone could get it, it wouldn't be as much fun.
Don't worry it'll happen.
Haha, no doubt, but hopefully not from trying to teach you guys something.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 24004
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:44 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
This place didn't exist before 2016 to you, huh?
It didn't exist until someone at comic con last year mentioned it to me, I neglected to make an account solely because I didn't have time because I was helping curate an art show in a university gallery, I am not privy to what is known within the realms of this board outside of this year, so yes you are right to point that out, put me in my place if you wish. lol
*shrug* I'm not saying it because I want to belittle you, I'm saying it because it's funny that you're stoked about going 3-for-3 (which, honestly, good for you, glad you got what you wanted, the ideal of this hobby right) and have opinions about how Stout should handle his drops, all without thinking that maybe these topics around drop success and timed editions may have been going on or been talked about for years.

I mean, I still remember my first Stout drop...

Image

I encourage any and all new members to check out previous posts in the big threads, ie read some old material. Yeah a good chunk is a waste of time (was a waste of time as they were happening, if we're honest) but some of it is good content...and at the very least, it's a great reminder that this place really doesn't do well with new conversation topics.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Post Reply