Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
AliRock110
Art Expert
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:02 pm

I agree with Kamerica. It is dark, but IMO true to what the world might seem like at the "End". There's one scene that really moved me and REALLY hit home after my child was born. I really dug it and if I score on these drops, both of these movies are getting watched in celebration of the amazing Art.
User avatar
onesheet
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:04 pm

starkdesign wrote:So is the Road movie good?

I read the book years ago after our first kid was born. Damn was that rough. ROUGH.

Awesome book, was nervous the movie would ruin the experience for me so I never saw it lol. Guess I should.

And my vote goes to the var, I like the absence of the characters moreso than including them I guess.
This was exactly what I was thinking. After reading the book, I didn't feel much of a need to re-experience it as a film. But, my curiosity is strong, and it's been a couple of years since I read the book, so we'll see. Those beautiful Ortiz prints aren't helping make the decision any easier - I might have to watch it against my better judgement.
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6900
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:08 pm

The Road is just way too depressing for me to ever want a print around to be continually reminding me of it - nice artwork though.
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:08 pm

fitz wrote:The Road is just way too depressing for me to ever want a print around to be continually reminding me of it - nice artwork though.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23793
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
fitz wrote:The Road is just way too depressing for me to ever want a print around to be continually reminding me of it - nice artwork though.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:56 pm

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
So it goes...
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4893
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:12 pm

Proposition looks good.
User avatar
FlapJack
Art Expert
Posts: 4813
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Location: Cleveland

Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:55 pm

I've not seen The Proposition, but that's probably the best KT movie poster I've seen in some time.

The trailer for Triple-9 had me intrigued, but reviews are mediocre so far. If anyone checks it this weekend - report back.
User avatar
Symposium
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:25 pm
Location: UK

Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:22 pm

FlapJack wrote:I've not seen The Proposition, but that's probably the best KT movie poster I've seen in some time.

The trailer for Triple-9 had me intrigued, but reviews are mediocre so far. If anyone checks it this weekend - report back.

Triple 9 is already out in the UK and I agree with those reviews. A very sub par, instantly forgettable film.
Image
User avatar
BB8
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:35 am

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:21 pm

The Road is John Hilcoat's only good movie. And it's a great movie.
The Road poster is also the only good poster. And it's a great poster.

The Proposition poster is fine, I enjoyed it more as a No Country For Old Men Poster and slightly less as a Superman Poster


just my opinion
User avatar
artyparty
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:26 pm

AliRock110 wrote:I agree with Kamerica. It is dark, but IMO true to what the world might seem like at the "End". There's one scene that really moved me and REALLY hit home after my child was born. I really dug it and if I score on these drops, both of these movies are getting watched in celebration of the amazing Art.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to feel this way. I haven't been able to watch it again since I had my kids.
Image
User avatar
MrWorldWide
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:41 pm

any clue if either will have metallic ink? The Proposition ...
User avatar
PrintNoob87
Art Expert
Posts: 8867
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:43 pm

BB8 wrote: The Proposition poster is fine, I enjoyed it more as a No Country For Old Men Poster
Huh?

Oooooooh, because they're both landscape! Totes see it now - same poster.
User avatar
Bikejoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4264
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Shoulda been a red dead redemption poster
User avatar
jdhq1185
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 677
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 pm
Location: St. Paul

Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:32 pm

Minneapolis/ St. Paul people: anyone else think the renovation at midway for the new soccer stadium would be a great fit for a new Alamo? We need to make it happen...
Post Reply