I agree with this one hundred percent.RottenAtom wrote:The screening was badass. I hadn't seen Häxan before and it was a great way to experience it. The movie's from 1922 and features some pretty dark, twisted imagery. I can't imagine it having the same impact without Wrekmeister Harmonie's perfectly suitable, haunting score. They were on stage right below the screen and played lots of different instruments. It was a low key event that kind of flew under the radar, but one that was super memorable. Love those live score events
General art-related discussion.
- Art Expert
- Posts: 2808
- Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 pm
- Location: Awesometown, USA
Uh, this subject matter is what Becky draws like 90% of the time. The other 10% being a mixture of bearded dudes with swords, grim reapers, and chibi versions of herself and her friends. Maybe take a quick stroll through her IG. If someone made a list of top 5 artists to choose for this project, her name is definitely on it.Buckhammer wrote:Its not. At first I thought there was a HAXAN anime movie coming out. Becky is a killer artist but for me, this was the wrong artist for the subject matter.dskdaniel wrote:Something tells me the movie is not as hentai as the poster leads one to believe, but Criterion has it on Hulu so I'll check it out.
I was so looking forward to grabbing this one and just missed it. I'm getting a divorce so of course the ex picked the worst possible time to reach out and message me. I can't it dropped AS she was messaging me. If anyone wants to sell their purple or blue one
This week we are giving you a second chance at our friend Thomas Danthony’s previously sold out VERTIGO posters, originally created for the legendary Mondo gallery in Austin, Texas.
The prints are Danthony’s artist proofs and are signed and numbered by himself from a very limited edition. They go on sale this Thursday 04 February at 3pm GMT from our website.
Here is what Thomas had to say for the original release:
"I love the original poster by Saul Bass, as a classic movie poster it was a pleasure to dive into the movie again to create my own version. I wanted a new point of view for the fall scene with an endless fall / vertigo feeling. For me, Vertigo is articulated around that scene which actually happens twice with different characters. I tried to highlight that loop effect of endless falling with the story repeating itself. We can’t see who is falling and which man is in the tower, so it’s up to the viewer to place it in the movie."
- Thomas Danthony
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Nothing better than a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe. They're so perky, I love that.
My F/S Thread: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 0&t=165165
You rush the miracle worker, you get rotten miracles.mike123230 wrote:Nothing better than a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe. They're so perky, I love that.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH