#mondodrama
Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image
mnachmia3113
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:36 am

sidewaysscott wrote:
mnachmia3113 wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
Warbucks wrote:if you're really that upset about bots, you should try and join one. There is actually competition amongst the various subscriptions for memebers, they want you more than you think. :pint:
He has a point here...

Either accept it and find one, or don't. You'll win some with the bots, and lose some with the bots.
Edited his original post where he said he knows from experience. So get bent.
Experience from other people man. Hence the edit.
My apologies then.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:41 am

PrintNoob87 wrote:
mnachmia3113 wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:We get it. You missed out on the poster. Time to move on.
Says the user admitting to using bots. We don't want to spoil your advantage now do we.
Haha, assuming this dude has a bot just further cements that you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.
^

:lol: :lol: @sideways having a bot. That killed me. Thanks guy.
jmagee87 wrote:
partpat wrote:This thread :lol:
Always delivers
Yep.

Also I know a ton of dudes that had no issues (myself included) that scored manually. I know that's hard to believe because most of you electric Dave disciples believe the big bad bots are buying everything up. Not true. Mondo also has zero reason to overhaul their site yet again. There's 0 reason to do so. I actually enjoy how smooth the site runs now so thanks for that Mondo :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Coltrane
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:46 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Also I know a ton of dudes that had no issues (myself included) that scored manually. I know that's hard to believe because most of you electric Dave disciples believe the big bad bots are buying everything up. Not true. Mondo also has zero reason to overhaul their site yet again. There's 0 reason to do so. I actually enjoy how smooth the site runs now so thanks for that Mondo :pint:
Me too. I was able to score one without having to use the bots. Unless looking at my Pearl Jam Transformers print counts as using bots.
Last edited by Coltrane on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:48 am

The real trick is to have a bot that buys and then flips the print, without that function it useless.
http://www.legendaryframes.com

I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:48 am

Prisco077 wrote: Mondo isn't going to devote resources into combating "bots" because a) bot users will work around the changes
It wouldn't require much change to make it work. It wouldn't be too complicated or time consuming. Just substitute the product name with an unknown item number.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:49 am

mnachmia3113 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Keyword or item number it doesn't drymounting matter. And yes, more steps complicating the process means every time someone goes for it manually they have to waste time completing these steps, whereas a programmer just has to figure it out once. This ain't rocket surgery.
Wrong. Said I was done commenting, but hate when people make comments that have no merit. Unless the bot programmers can read into the future and guess the item number (with no references to the poster in the source code of the html), then they'll be forced to either cart everything on the page to secure the one poster the user wants is scored. Now if it's a single poster being dropped, that's a different story, but rarely does that occur.

EDIT: Scored a Goonies without a bot so I could give two shits but don't spread bullshit around.
Sounds like you and IWish have a profitable future consulting for mondo. Good luck to you.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 am

The bottom line is who gives a fudge about bots scoring?

So, just because a human scores that makes them a #truefan that's gonna frame the fudge and hang for all of eternity? Please. People scoring themselves without a bot flip this fudge just the same as people that do use em. In fact, you could argue that people willing to pay an additional fee for a bot are the ones that are actually gonna keep the poster for themselves.
partpat
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:51 am

Kramerica wrote:
mnachmia3113 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Keyword or item number it doesn't drymounting matter. And yes, more steps complicating the process means every time someone goes for it manually they have to waste time completing these steps, whereas a programmer just has to figure it out once. This ain't rocket surgery.
Wrong. Said I was done commenting, but hate when people make comments that have no merit. Unless the bot programmers can read into the future and guess the item number (with no references to the poster in the source code of the html), then they'll be forced to either cart everything on the page to secure the one poster the user wants is scored. Now if it's a single poster being dropped, that's a different story, but rarely does that occur.

EDIT: Scored a Goonies without a bot so I could give two shits but don't spread bullshit around.
Sounds like you and IWish have a profitable future consulting for mondo. Good luck to you.

Well then, on to lotto talks yet or do we start speculating on shipping times?
aivc
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:54 am

Iwish, if Mondo uses random numbers in place of the poster name, bots will just match the product from another characteristic of the product they are set to buy. The ONLY way would be to not put any distinguishable details about a product, and that is obviously not doable. Even if the jpeg is the only thing left, bots will be able to match that up. There simply ins't any reasonable way for Mondo to ban bots. If there's a way there's a will.
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
SlowlyTyped
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:55 am

mike123230
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:57 am

Rich Kelly apparently wants one of these more than any of you jokers.
matowest
Art Expert

Up for a topic change? Here, discuss:
http://www.indiewire.com/article/the-15 ... e-20151022
Looks to me like they didn't dig too deep into Mondo's archives for this article. But whatever :P
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

I'm about file a PP claim. Where is my Goonies poster mondo?!?!?!? It's been 24 hours. And my JP pinzzzzz??????
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:59 am

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!