Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:46 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Drew is chatty today.
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:47 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Drew is chatty today.
:clap: :pint:
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:48 pm

don't people have something called work? I don't know maybe I'm just old fashioned
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:49 pm

mattkardish wrote:don't people have something called work? I don't know maybe I'm just old fashioned
Pfft it's nap time.
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:I say Mondo, you say Modo...
I'll take the one typo if that's all you got.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:50 pm

mattkardish wrote:don't people have something called work? I don't know maybe I'm just old fashioned
Alt tab and two monitors works for many, get paid while you flip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:51 pm

KingOfNothing wrote: Look, Mondo is in the business to make money but all of a sudden you hold them to a higher regard... why can't they flip high profile drops? You'd never know it if they did. So I'm gonna assume that they are.
That's the logical conclusion. When in doubt, assume yes. It's like you have a Magic 8-ball for a brain.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

liptonsweettea
Art Expert

lol, one of them asked for paypal login and password or CC. ya, good luck with that. :lol: :lol:
i think you should try it out and let us know how it work out for you
westb59
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:52 pm

Warbucks wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:
GoreMetChef wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:
Just saying... before anyone here says that Mondo would never flip their own prints for maximum profit on eBay. And regulated meaning, like any industry that is regulated if you say you have 750 prints to sell you couldn't false advertise. We all know Stout gets half the prints and yet Mondo has the inventory count listed at 750 when in truth it should say 375. And in complete truth to buyers - that number isn't even 375 it's far less.

You're an idiot. Mondo is NOT flipping their own prints. Also, they dont list it as "We have 750 prints to sell!" It literally says "Edition of 750", which it is. Do they hold some back? Sure--because there are some people who get them (such as employees, which is justified for the amount of fudge they get from some of you daily--which they have to buy and are not allowed to flip or risk being terminated) they also have to hold some back for mail damage because you'd be pissed if you ordered one and it arrived damaged and they couldnt replace it.
Cry about it some more.
Hey, thanks for the compliment... I guess!? While we are being civil, the next time you crawl out of your parent's basement tell your dad to tell your mom that I said hi!

I never said that the employees were flipping... Modo is and they'd be stupid not to profit on the secondary market from drops like these with/from their own inventory.

And to address an earlier posters comment... it's hardly a conspiracy. But I'll indulge... there's no way in hell that only 10 prints go to staff, go ahead and triple that number - minimum. This only goes for Stout and Horkey prints BTW. So, prints held as company gifts to clients, friends, family, etc., your 315-325 number I would conservatively half that down to 150.

Look, Mondo is in the business to make money but all of a sudden you hold them to a higher regard... why can't they flip high profile drops? You'd never know it if they did. So I'm gonna assume that they are. And you want to know why? Money. I'll illustrate this with one fact that no one ever discusses (or if it has been discussed I missed it). The cost of shipping a print. Mondo "charges" $15 to ship within the US. Well I'll let you in on a dirty little secret. Mondo is making a killing of of the shipping - Keep in mind Modo has a "bulk rate" deal with the USPS a rate that they can also negotiate/get from UPS, FedEX or any third party shipper. So on a drop like today... let's pretend that they actually sold all 750 prints (for simple math purposes) total shipping cost would be $11,250 minus $5 per print ($3,750 USPS shipping cost) they'd make $7,500 from shipping alone.

Bottom line, Mondo is in it to maximize profit, so why wouldn't they do so by also flipping high profile prints on eBay?

Nobody is going to read this.
I did and I agree. A business out to make as much money possible? That's unheard of!!! Never talk about the all mighty Mondo like that. They are a 100% honest business. :lol:
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Superfro33 wrote:I did. I recommend it. It's hilarious.
seconded. worth the read.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

KingOfNothing wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:I say Mondo, you say Modo...
I'll take the one typo if that's all you got.
Just keeping it light, man. Anybody who's down with Finn & Jake can't be all bad.
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

I never knew there was so much goonies fans out there :shock:
I would have to get paid to Watch that movie again
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:53 pm

I dunno, lack of hard evidence is always my favorite bit. But whatevs.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
sonicboom
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:54 pm

This thread really is great today.