Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:43 pm

rubberneck wrote:It's all a gamble this hobby, but that's what makes it so much fun. 8)

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...
Yeah, I have one of those stories.

I spent most of Saturday PB/VB'ing for folks and by 16:30 I finally turned off my phone and went to the enjoy the con for myself. I stopped by Pullin's booth first for his Mondo VERTIGO inks, but for some odd reason didn't pick them up (wanted to look around first since I only had an hour and a half and/or sleep deprived). I figured they'd be around later.

Stopped by first thing Sunday and they were gone :hanging:
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:45 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:
rubberneck wrote:It's all a gamble this hobby, but that's what makes it so much fun. 8)

I spent most of Saturday PB/VB'ing for folks and by 16:30 I finally turned off my phone and went to the enjoy the con for myself. I stopped by Pullin's booth first for his Mondo VERTIGO inks, but for some odd reason didn't pick them up (wanted to look around first since I only had an hour and a half and/or sleep deprived). I figured they'd be around later.

How about Frizzi vs Ishmael-con? 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:47 pm

What and where is a Camp Deathslide? How tight is perimeter security?

EDIT: obviously I'm joking. I would parachute in.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:52 pm

rubberneck wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:

How about Frizzi vs Ishmael-con? 8)
Another sad moment. Work schedule was all fudged up and I was planning on flying in Friday night (missing the show) until last minute I was able to change it.

I was already disappointed I missed the show, but atleast I got to hangout with cool folks from the boards. Plus, I had no car and Uber was expensive to get around.

But yeah, IshCon was kind of a bummer. Didn't have any my holy grails, but at least got to see fudge in person that I'll probably never see again.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:34 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
starkdesign wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:So I made the right call bailing then? :?
You might've made it. Would've been close...
Remember, I made it! and I was right there with Fro lol
Goddammit.
I should've stepped up and snagged it for you dude, totally blanked, sorry man.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Migs
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:37 pm

Superfro33 wrote:

Exactly. I will say that leaving the Mondo line allowed me to grab the last copy of Inclusion over at the Vacvvm booth, so it worked out one way or another.

I got really cheap halfway through Saturday which flowed into Sunday. Which is all I thought about during the 16 hour drive home. Regrets, I have many of them. :cry:
This is funny because I was about to jump in the VACVVM line but then my buddy showed up and he wanted stuff from the Mondo booth so I stood in that line for quite some time. I picked up a Mulholland Drive variant, I was on the fence about it but the stack looked really low so I got it. Walked over to the VACVVM booth afterwards and they said "that was the last Inclusion...actually I'll sell you the last one because you're from Iowa (talking about the guy in front of me)." :lol:
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42 pm

My head is spinning.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:48 pm

luls
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.
Zepeleptic
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:49 pm

#VIP
TopHatZombies wrote:LOOK FOR THE RED DOTS!!!!!!
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Zepeleptic wrote:#VIP
Vacvvm Iowa Posse
Zepeleptic
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Hey, at least everything was straight up with the VIP. I heard the hip new thing to do is lie and claim you work there to get in front of the line and avoid worrying about things selling out.
TopHatZombies wrote:LOOK FOR THE RED DOTS!!!!!!
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Zepeleptic wrote:Hey, at least everything was straight up with the VIP. I heard the hip new thing to do is lie and claim you work there to get in front of the line and avoid worrying about things selling out.
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:06 pm

#LAstyle
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Zepeleptic wrote:Hey, at least everything was straight up with the VIP. I heard the hip new thing to do is lie and claim you work there to get in front of the line and avoid worrying about things selling out.
Story time
So it goes...
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:16 pm

lol.