Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
AlanCampbell
Art Expert
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Those do look great but as soon as you compare them to the james jean figures i know which ones i would rather have, but over all i'd rather have mike mitchell's lill' mikey
User avatar
AlanCampbell
Art Expert
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Double post that the board won't let me delete
Last edited by AlanCampbell on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:39 pm

James Jean's definitely appeal more to my artistic sensibilities today, but Mondo's have more of a nostalgic affect for me. I used to play with those action figures growing up so I'm sure that's the aim for theirs. So i guess which direction are you wanting to go, more nostalgia or something to fit into your current-day artistic tastes. Something for everyone. :pint:
So it goes...
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5364
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:45 pm

mfaith wrote:James Jean's definitely appeal more to my artistic sensibilities today, but Mondo's have more of a nostalgic affect for me. I used to play with those action figures growing up so I'm sure that's the aim for theirs. So i guess which direction are you wanting to go, more nostalgia or something to fit into your current-day artistic tastes. Something for everyong. :pint:
Same here, pal.

Those '90-'91 Playmates were my jam. Still have most of them. I ended up getting Casey Jones and Shredder new a couple of years ago because those were my favorite growing up. Oh, and, Tattoo. So good. I wish I could get these, but not worth shouting $600 before MC.
User avatar
whiskaz
Art Expert
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:46 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Is it wrong that all I can focus on is the dog's face? Not a judgment on the poster - it looks great for the property, and certainly interesting - but that dog is my jam right now.
Image
User avatar
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Had all turtles toys as kid and these look perfect. Lil mikey was a drymounting joke and reminded me of the ice cream truck pedo man
User avatar
longchamps
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:37 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:54 pm

Love all those little accessories that they come with. I'm guessing each turtle will have different ones. Those little Utrom figures are awesome.
User avatar
jeter0204
Art Expert
Posts: 5548
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 am
Location: Frisco, TX
Contact:

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:55 pm

NEWPORTS69 wrote:Had all turtles toys as kid and these look perfect. Lil mikey was a drymounting joke and reminded me of the ice cream truck pedo man
You must have lived one drymounted up childhood if that's what Lil Mikey reminded you of. Oof
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
User avatar
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:01 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
NEWPORTS69 wrote:Had all turtles toys as kid and these look perfect. Lil mikey was a drymounting joke and reminded me of the ice cream truck pedo man
You must have lived one drymounted up childhood if that's what Lil Mikey reminded you of. Oof
SERENITY NOW
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5364
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:06 pm

Loving all the accessories!

Image
Image
Image
jlewis6159
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 am

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:07 pm

How does gallery pickup work for the SDCC stuff? Will they send out an e-mail about it?
User avatar
AlanCampbell
Art Expert
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Ok all the accessories are pretty neat
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5364
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:11 pm

AlanCampbell wrote:Ok all the accessories are pretty neat
I agree. Pretty drymounting rad.
User avatar
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Are they doing any villains? Krang's body would be crazy
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5364
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Still wanna know about this Casey Jones Mask Replica:

Image
Post Reply