Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Those Godzilla's remind me of China, IL.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Tim League briefly talks about Mondo in this Talks at Google video around 23:30

TL;DR - More apparel coming next year. Also, lots of holiday sweaters coming this year.

EDIT: Also talks about Justin I. around 36:15
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:20 am

Hahahahah those posters are drymounting terrible. Trying to give NE and Jaccob a run for their money :shock:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:16 am

i like em alot. as mentioned, rooted heavily in an 80s manga style, but thats absolutely their charm.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:23 am

I like those a lot, actually. Definitely something different in a good way. If I gave two shits about Godzilla, I would be all over those.
RambosRemodeler wrote:Hahahahah those posters are drymounting terrible. Trying to give NE and Jaccob a run for their money :shock:
Still planning to flip one though, no?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:29 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Hahahahah those posters are drymounting terrible. Trying to give NE and Jaccob a run for their money :shock:
Are you talking about the Godzilla prints? No you are wrong. He is a talented illustrator. Go look at his site.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:35 am

bubbie wrote:I like those a lot, actually. Definitely something different in a good way. If I gave two shits about Godzilla, I would be all over those.
Still planning to flip one though, no?

Sup ehteam

35mmpaul wrote:
Are you talking about the Godzilla prints? No you are wrong. He is a talented illustrator. Go look at his site.
Didn't say the artist was dogshit. I said the prints were.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:08 am

I dig it, personally. I think it's a nice change of pace. The dude has a unique style and I'm eager to see what else he does.
I'm surprised you're so negative towards it Rambo, being a Jay Ryan fan. It appeals to me in the same way a lot of Jay's stuff does. *shrugs*
So it goes...
luderico
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:45 am

I dig it to. Really like the style and the details. It's just the wrong movie. :wink:
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:14 am

mfaith wrote:I dig it, personally. I think it's a nice change of pace. The dude has a unique style and I'm eager to see what else he does.
I'm surprised you're so negative towards it Rambo, being a Jay Ryan fan. It appeals to me in the same way a lot of Jay's stuff does. *shrugs*
Guess it's like how you're a diehard Horkey fan, but to my understanding, you don't like Ghrist's work. Or am i wrong? Because i might be.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:26 am

:lurk:
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:08 am

UrsusMorris wrote:
mfaith wrote:I dig it, personally. I think it's a nice change of pace. The dude has a unique style and I'm eager to see what else he does.
Guess it's like how you're a diehard Horkey fan, but to my understanding, you don't like Ghrist's work. Or am i wrong? Because i might be.
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:11 am

UrsusMorris wrote:
I see what you're getting at, but it's not quite the same thing. At least it isn't to me. You're right about me not being a fan of Ghrist's work. And please, I hope this doesn't derail into a "pros and cons of Andrew Ghrist", but briefly I'm not into his work for much the same reason I'm not into Tracie Ching, or a few others. Their work, at least to me, feels derivative. At the moment he seems to be in the mode that a lot of artists go through at some point early on, where they identify an artist who's style they really like and try to mimic it. And that's totally natural for an artist to do that while they're trying to find their own voice, and carve out their own aesthetic. But Ghrist, to me, is still in that stage. And that just isn't interesting to me.
With that said, nobody could say this Muralt dude is trying to ape Jay Ryan. I certainly didn't mean to suggest that by my words. All i meant was that some of the same aspects of Jay's work that I like, I also see in his. To me, they are appealing in similar ways. That's much different than saying that his style is derivative. I feel it's an important distinction.
Anyway, that's all. Just trying to say that I liked it, and finding it curious that Rambo didn't. :pint:
Last edited by mfaith on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
So it goes...
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:12 am

jkw3000 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:It's not my cup of tea but somebody pointed out that it has an aesthetic similar to that of an old manga, which makes sense for the subject. More comic-oriented than cinematic, so if that interpretation is your jam, cool.
Giving BillyG a run for his money on diplomacy these days...
I do it solely out of spite.
mangchi
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:11 am

RambosRemodeler wrote: Think we should kill ourselves?

Lots of people in here should, specially you.