Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:04 pm

starkdesign wrote:Response to yesterday's events: http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/5144467 ... ase-beyond
what joke, bunch o whiny flippers got all uppity cause they cant make $20 on a flip, they never announced an edition size, people just assumed it was limited, stoked for Jay about his new roll, we discussed this in great lengths during SDCC, i'd say it safe to say moving forward you guys are gunna get a lot more of what you want and less filler.
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 pm
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:11 pm

mattkardish wrote:id prob buy a record player if they put out a skyrim soundtrack
Yep
User avatar
rguido3
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:19 pm

frieddumpling wrote:
mattkardish wrote:id prob buy a record player if they put out a skyrim soundtrack
Yep

I second that. On a related note, can anyone recommend a decent starter record player?
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:24 pm

rguido3 wrote:
frieddumpling wrote:
mattkardish wrote:id prob buy a record player if they put out a skyrim soundtrack
Yep

I second that. On a related note, can anyone recommend a decent starter record player?
The Audio Technica LP 60 is what I have. It's a little under $100. I suggest getting something like that, great quality and a brand name, before you sink in serious dough. Make sure you like it... I have had mine for 3 years and I was planning to upgrade but it still sounds just great.

Also, the Project Debut Carbons have great reviews for a little more dough.
User avatar
Superfro33
Art Expert
Posts: 7085
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: Marion, IA

Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:22 pm

Superfro33 wrote:Reading through the Twitter feed comments there's a whole lot of poster folks that could use some self education on the ways of the vinyl market world in terms of releases, print runs, and availability.
starkdesign wrote:Response to yesterday's events: http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/5144467 ... ase-beyond
Mondo even gave them a preface. :clap:
User avatar
rguido3
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:40 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
The Audio Technica LP 60 is what I have. It's a little under $100. I suggest getting something like that, great quality and a brand name, before you sink in serious dough. Make sure you like it... I have had mine for 3 years and I was planning to upgrade but it still sounds just great.

Also, the Project Debut Carbons have great reviews for a little more dough.
Perfect, thanks for the advice!
User avatar
Bikejoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4264
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:26 pm

I really hope this sales success inspires more video game-related output from Mondo.
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9828
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:29 pm

toobs wrote:
starkdesign wrote:Response to yesterday's events: http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/5144467 ... ase-beyond
what joke, bunch o whiny flippers got all uppity cause they cant make $20 on a flip, they never announced an edition size, people just assumed it was limited, stoked for Jay about his new roll, we discussed this in great lengths during SDCC, i'd say it safe to say moving forward you guys are gunna get a lot more of what you want and less filler.
My list: Jurassic Park likeness, no more Iron Giant or 80's dead property hipster revivals. Go Jay! I know he's a pretty smart duderino. Dawn of the Shaw?
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16341
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:37 pm

I'm voting for Jay Shaw.



For everything.
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
bulkhead72
Art Expert
Posts: 9504
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Bikejoh wrote:I really hope this sales success inspires more video game-related output from Mondo.
The possibilities. :drool:

HORKEY BLOODBORNE 8)
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7461
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:39 pm

mike123230 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Jaw Shaw as a new creative director:

http://www.howdesign.com/design-creativ ... comic-con/

Includes a move to Austin. Not too shabby... :pint:
So 9th Circle is now a Mondo subscription? Perfect.
:lol:
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26750
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Jay Shaw is a beautiful man.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
VestboyMyst
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:11 pm

Bikejoh wrote:I really hope this sales success inspires more video game-related output from Mondo.
+1
User avatar
starkdesign
Art Expert
Posts: 5747
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 am
Location: TX
Contact:

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:36 am

Superfro33 wrote:Video Game scores/soundtracks I listen to all the time:

Fez
Katamari Damacy
LocoRoco
Mass Effect
Dead Space
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Far Cry 4
Hotline Miami
Mega Mans
Castlevanias
Metroid

Some of which I have on vinyl, and the rest of which I would love to have. Especially Fez, Katamari, and BC Rearmed. :drool:
Just saw this. Ahem, you forgot Zelda but I will let it slide.

and drymount YEAH I NEED A KATAMARI DAMACY SOUNDTRACK. Listened to that ALL. THE. TIME. in the car, straight rollin'
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
User avatar
Superfro33
Art Expert
Posts: 7085
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: Marion, IA

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:42 am

starkdesign wrote: Just saw this. Ahem, you forgot Zelda but I will let it slide.

and drymount YEAH I NEED A KATAMARI DAMACY SOUNDTRACK. Listened to that ALL. THE. TIME. in the car, straight rollin'
There's lots of others I love that I don't listen to on the reg. Although I do probably listen to Zelda stuff a lot so yeah..my bad. :P
Post Reply