matowest
Art Expert

Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:33 pm

rubberneck wrote:Zero Dark Turtle
Yeah, pretty much :clap:
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:34 pm

^I was thinking the same thing. Also, what's up with the Mondo logo being so front and center?

That being said, I'm a big fan of Jock and I really like this.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:44 pm

...you mean the tiny one on the bottom thats 1/200th the size of the movie title?

also thats awesome.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Yup, that's the one!

It wouldn't prevent me from buying or hanging it, it just caught my eye. I'm probably crazy, but off the top of my head, I can't remember any of Mondo's posters having it displayed like that.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:50 pm

KSUvet wrote:
mfaith wrote:Cross-post from DD's thread
danieldanger wrote:Image

heres a shot of the original clayboard piece. and this is going to del toro, sorry.
Without knowing anything spoilery about the movie, I'm curious why the woman at the bottom was added after the piece was "finished." That seems like a pretty major element to add last minute. It's also what makes process images so interesting to me.

because GdT and i werent sure what "supernatural" elements we wanted to add. we had a handful of ideas and i didnt want to commit to one in the drawing. once i got everything scanned and shaded and the lighting in place, we wanted to see what would work best. the woman at the bottom was like Option F or something, but its the one that ended up working the best atmosphere wise and balance wise. there was SO much going on in the scene already with all the lighting and snow and such, that we went for something more sublte vs like, floating ghosts cluttering up the open air even more.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:51 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:Yup, that's the one!

It wouldn't prevent me from buying or hanging it, it just caught my eye. I'm probably crazy, but off the top of my head, I can't remember any of Mondo's posters having it displayed like that.
They've done it for a while on prints that have the space for it. It just used to be the old classical logo, which blended in a bit more with studio logos. This stands out more just because of the new logo's style.
So it goes...
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:03 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:^I was thinking the same thing. Also, what's up with the Mondo logo being so front and center?

That being said, I'm a big fan of Jock and I really like this.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Jock
24" x 36" Edition of 325

I like the reused/revised title font from the original film's one sheet:

matowest
Art Expert

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:12 pm

I remember geeking out so much when I saw that poster hanging at my theatre when I was a kid
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:14 pm

danieldanger wrote:
KSUvet wrote: Without knowing anything spoilery about the movie, I'm curious why the woman at the bottom was added after the piece was "finished." That seems like a pretty major element to add last minute. It's also what makes process images so interesting to me.

because GdT and i werent sure what "supernatural" elements we wanted to add. we had a handful of ideas and i didnt want to commit to one in the drawing. once i got everything scanned and shaded and the lighting in place, we wanted to see what would work best. the woman at the bottom was like Option F or something, but its the one that ended up working the best atmosphere wise and balance wise. there was SO much going on in the scene already with all the lighting and snow and such, that we went for something more sublte vs like, floating ghosts cluttering up the open air even more.
Seriously dude, thanks for sharing. Process info is honestly really interesting stuff.

Hope you're feeling better.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:15 pm

jmagee87 wrote:You people want likenesses/titles/credits...that's what you get...then you complain about it
What's the point if we can't get the only likeness that matters?

#iceicebaby
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:18 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:You people want likenesses/titles/credits...that's what you get...then you complain about it
What's the point if we can't get the only likeness that matters?

#iceicebaby
I would have gone to SDCC if this was just a rumor let alone legit.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:19 pm

matowest wrote:I remember geeking out so much when I saw that poster hanging at my theatre when I was a kid
Dude me too! I honestly think it might have been the poster I really got excited about.