Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:09 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:
jlabbate wrote:
TheBeard wrote:It's a cool poster. Just messing around. But it's about time we got a BTILC print to rival Stout's
nothing is going to rival the aftermarket of Stout's Big Trouble.....nothing
Fixed lol.
Refixed :P
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:23 pm

jlabbate wrote:Snake Plissken. .I thought you were dead
:drool:
:pint:
recycler
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:25 pm

TheBeard wrote:It's a cool poster. Just messing around. But it's about time we got a BTILC print to rival Stout's
You probably just put something into all of the little brains of the commissioners.

On your mark get set go! Bang!!!

"And the commissions are off, each one is sending out emails to all perspective artists."
mattkardish
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:26 pm

TheBeard wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:
TheBeard wrote:WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN BIG TROUBLE?!?!?!
MAYBE THE ARTIST HAS MORE AFFECTION FOR EFNY
THEN THE ARTIST IS WRONG

Lol this has been a great read...the outpouring of love for Kurt and his legendary characters gives hope to this world...

The president..of what

Tearing up the tape is still one of the best scenes out there.
spiper64
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:28 pm

mattkardish wrote:
TheBeard wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:
TheBeard wrote:WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN BIG TROUBLE?!?!?!
MAYBE THE ARTIST HAS MORE AFFECTION FOR EFNY
THEN THE ARTIST IS WRONG

Lol this has been a great read...the outpouring of love for Kurt and his legendary characters gives hope to this world...

The president..of what

still need prints of Captain Ron, Overboard, Breakdown,dark Blue,Tango and Cash, Backdraft and Sky High

Tearing up the tape is still one of the best scenes out there.
Last edited by spiper64 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:34 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Delort Jaws for SDCC:

My initial reaction was that I really liked the concept on this. Now I'm not sure what's going on. It looks like the Lost smoke monster coming in at the upper left. I don't know what the dark thing is under the title. And I'm not sure about the giant bird shadows. I haven't seen the movie in quite a while, so maybe I should review the relevant scene.

I can't imagine that many people would want that rubble Godzilla, though. Are there really that many big fans of the newest movie or that poster? :?

I'd also be in the camp that would prefer a BTILC, given a choice. Not really a fan of EFNY, but it's nice to see 'dat likeness and credits. That's a big Kurt Russell, though. :lol:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
VestboyMyst
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:21 pm

worth camping out for
TheBeard
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:22 pm

recycler wrote:
You probably just put something into all of the little brains of the commissioners.

On your mark get set go! Bang!!!

"And the commissions are off, each one is sending out emails to all perspective artists."
They've tried. I've always been partial to Limbert's even though there is no likeness.

Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
spiper64
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:28 pm

VestboyMyst wrote:
worth camping out for
I would never camp out for a Kurt Russell print... :roll:
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:57 pm

spiper64 wrote: I would never camp out for any print... :roll:
Fixed.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:00 am

bulkhead72 wrote:
spiper64 wrote: I would never camp out for any print... :roll:
Fixed.
:pint:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:06 am

KSUvet wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Delort Jaws for SDCC:

My initial reaction was that I really liked the concept on this. Now I'm not sure what's going on. It looks like the Lost smoke monster coming in at the upper left. I don't know what the dark thing is under the title. And I'm not sure about the giant bird shadows. I haven't seen the movie in quite a while, so maybe I should review the relevant scene.

I can't imagine that many people would want that rubble Godzilla, though. Are there really that many big fans of the newest movie or that poster? :?
it a crude weird shack on the coast, theres gonna be birds. those things get everywhere. i literally just rewatched jaws two nights ago, his shack is a really great set piece. im stoked quint got some play with this one, totally off the wall approach vs another bland shot of the floating girl and a shark shadow. god knows we saw enough of that this month.

also, re that godzilla poster. my #1 favorite movie poster of that year. its perfect. the movie is solid too, i really enjoyed it, but to me that poster is in mondos top elite.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:20 am

VestboyMyst wrote:
worth camping out for
Not really.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:28 am

danieldanger wrote: it a crude weird shack on the coast, theres gonna be birds. those things get everywhere. i literally just rewatched jaws two nights ago, his shack is a really great set piece. im stoked quint got some play with this one, totally off the wall approach vs another bland shot of the floating girl and a shark shadow. god knows we saw enough of that this month.
I dunno, all my shacks up the coast are totally nice and not at all creepy and full of weird hooks or ham radios or laserdisc copies of Fanny and Alexander.

In all seriousness, the birds give it a great sense of depth. I can see an argument made for maybe not obscuring as much of the image with them, but they really help create that added sense of depth for the 3-point perspective, it's in danger of maybe registering as more flat without them. The semi-softness of the top left wing is a nice touch, along with the brightness of the window behind it...such a great little effect.

Also really nice: the shadow created from Quint and the teeth via the light from the window. A fantastic little foreshadowing.

Enough hype though, it has no shark fellas, totally not worth it. Make sure there's a whole stack left for us pathetic non-attendees.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:36 am

yeah, it adds hugely to the depth. also thats just kind of a thing with etching illustrations like that, they can be VERY midtone, all greys, just because of the nature of the medium. if youre not careful to leave open black and open white areas the image wont pop properly. the birds were a great solution to giving the image a full tonal range while really nailing down the top down narrow focus view. its a really smart illustration.