Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
attackconquer
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 am
Location: its always sunny

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:03 pm

has anyone seen that Martin Ansin illustration for star wars/obi wan in the latest EW? looks badass..i wonder if it will be a print this year at sdcc
bbbbbbblam!
User avatar
bulkhead72
Art Expert
Posts: 9504
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:17 pm

I've seen the illustration, but his magazine work has never been made into a print, so that is very unlikely.
User avatar
swabie2424
Art Expert
Posts: 2188
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:21 pm

mangchi wrote:Image
Best post on EB in a long time. Well said!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5368
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:22 pm

Mike Mitchell wrote:I will also have a release with my good pals Mondo (yet to be previewed)...
https://t.e2ma.net/message/ghiwg/c2joqi
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4891
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:21 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:
Mike Mitchell wrote:I will also have a release with my good pals Mondo (yet to be previewed)...
https://t.e2ma.net/message/ghiwg/c2joqi
I'm betting the Mondo release is somehow tied to Ant-Man
User avatar
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: Atlanta

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:23 pm

attackconquer wrote:has anyone seen that Martin Ansin illustration for star wars/obi wan in the latest EW? looks badass..i wonder if it will be a print this year at sdcc
Got a pic? I was just in Target on my lunch and they didn't have the issue.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5368
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:23 pm

matowest wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:
Mike Mitchell wrote:I will also have a release with my good pals Mondo (yet to be previewed)...
https://t.e2ma.net/message/ghiwg/c2joqi
I'm betting the Mondo release is somehow tied to Ant-Man
Not sure Mondo/Mitchell can top this!

Image
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4891
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:25 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:
matowest wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:
Mike Mitchell wrote:I will also have a release with my good pals Mondo (yet to be previewed)...
https://t.e2ma.net/message/ghiwg/c2joqi
I'm betting the Mondo release is somehow tied to Ant-Man
Not sure Mondo/Mitchell can top this!

Image
I was thinking something along the lines of this...
Image
...but maybe Ant-Man with some ants or something. Maybe not.
User avatar
Ainshol
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:53 pm

Not sure Mondo/Mitchell can top this!

Image[/quote]
I was thinking something along the lines of this...
Image
...but maybe Ant-Man with some ants or something. Maybe not.[/quote]


Yeah this was my thought exactly. I'd love to see an Ant-Man jlu.
ImageImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23373
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Or a punch-in of this JLU:

Image

...to show Ant-Man riding an ant out of the castle like a horse, a splinter in one hand like a sword, and titled "Role Play".

Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
UrsusMorris
Art Expert
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Location: Amarillo, TX

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:05 pm

Ant Man vs the ant eater.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5368
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:09 pm

brockotter wrote:#mondotees #sdcc #phantomcitycreative #kingofmonsters
brockotter wrote:They eyes have it.
#mondotees #mondotees #madballs #sdcc
User avatar
pittidesart
Art Expert
Posts: 2882
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Those Mitchell Copywrongs are pretty great.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
User avatar
longchamps
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:37 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:32 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:
brockotter wrote:#mondotees #sdcc #phantomcitycreative #kingofmonsters


Looks like a sculpture of this:

Image
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm

longchamps wrote: Looks like a sculpture of this:
Dude's on his Godzilla game. :cheers:
So it goes...
Post Reply