Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
rfalk32
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 15, 2015 11:45 am

zombiedictator wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:I'm willin to bet most people towards the front of the line are gonna flip too.
Is this even really profitable anymore? I genuinely don't know since I've been out of the poster scene for a good year and change.

I'm not aware of any Mondo posters being sold at Austin-exclusive events that went for significantly more than sticker.
Look at the disney prints.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:46 am

rfalk32 wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:I'm willin to bet most people towards the front of the line are gonna flip too.
Is this even really profitable anymore? I genuinely don't know since I've been out of the poster scene for a good year and change.

I'm not aware of any Mondo posters being sold at Austin-exclusive events that went for significantly more than sticker.
Look at the disney prints.
And Durieux
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:46 am

zombiedictator wrote:

I can't imagine it is. There are usually only a couple prints per show that "flip". For Disney, it was Moss. For Durieux, at the time, it was Birds Pier (I know others have subsequently taken off). Best case scenario seems to be you can cover your expenses and basically get a free trip to Austin out of it.
Benelli
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 15, 2015 11:47 am

jmagee87 wrote:
Benelli wrote:
I have been at the "front of the line" for every show I have attended and I have never sold a single print....

I also know most of the folks at the "front of the line" and only a handful flip the prints they get...
Ha. We most know different people. Because I know a bunch of the people that tend to be towards the front, and they all flip things (myself included). I could care less about the flipping and being in the front. That whole, the prints need to go to the trufans thing is a joke
well newbie I guess you should try to hang out with a better class of people.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:48 am

NOT flipping posters doesn't make you righteous or a better person.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:48 am

Benelli wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
Benelli wrote:
I have been at the "front of the line" for every show I have attended and I have never sold a single print....

I also know most of the folks at the "front of the line" and only a handful flip the prints they get...
Ha. We most know different people. Because I know a bunch of the people that tend to be towards the front, and they all flip things (myself included). I could care less about the flipping and being in the front. That whole, the prints need to go to the trufans thing is a joke
well newbie I guess you should try to hang out with a better class of people.
Sorry, let me bow to your veteran status :notworthy:
jeter0204
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:49 am

I hate everyone equally. Doesn't matter where in line you are.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:49 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:NOT flipping posters makes you morally infallible.
FTFY

Jk. People who think this are morons.
rfalk32
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 15, 2015 11:50 am

jrsheppa wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:

I can't imagine it is. There are usually only a couple prints per show that "flip". For Disney, it was Moss. For Durieux, at the time, it was Birds Pier (I know others have subsequently taken off). Best case scenario seems to be you can cover your expenses and basically get a free trip to Austin out of it.
Well if your idea of a flip is selling for $500+ than yeah but most of the disney prints go for almost double cost.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri May 15, 2015 11:53 am

yawn.gif

How about that Mad Max...
So it goes...
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:53 am

rfalk32 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:

Well if your idea of a flip is selling for $500+ than yeah but most of the disney prints go for almost double cost.
Well, let me be a little clearer.

How many prints are selling for 6x their original cost vs 1.5x or 2x?
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:54 am

mfaith wrote:yawn.gif
Boring you so much, you couldnt even post the actual gif
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:55 am

rfalk32 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:

Once again, can't look at the price today, you have to looks at what they were selling for at the time. Most of the prints quickly shot down to cost. Not a whole lot of flippers can spend 1000 on posters and sit on them for a year waiting for them to rise in value.
listerfeend
Art Expert

Fri May 15, 2015 11:57 am

Up. +1 Eng.
slunkey
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 15, 2015 11:57 am

They are up.