Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
brettlv5506
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:36 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
keefdotorg wrote:I was excited, and then I was disappointed that there wasn't going to be an actual "Eyes Without a Face" poster.

... That said, there's no way anyone could top this one, a vintage 1960 French one-sheet I picked up last year:

im hoping we will get an eyes without a face print in the show.
Exactly what I thought of when I saw the announcement. Went from super excited to not at all in about three seconds.
jayper
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:16 pm

How likely is it that Mondo is still working on shipping out remaining Batman prints from the Anniversary show?

I received all of mine weeks ago, but I bought a "pre-order" on eBay for a missing piece and they continue to claim that it hasn't shipped yet...

Getting nervous.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:18 pm

jmcguire wrote:
MrMattSteinberg wrote:
matowest wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:Did Home Alone and Tom and Jerry ship out yet?
Home Alone did for sure

I 1000% have not gotten my Home Alone. Need to check on that now. Damn, they put that up December 11th

I got home alone 2 weeks ago.. I'd email them
E-mailed Charity this morning and she got them shipped out instantly. She's still the best. :clap:
Go ahead, make my millennium.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:19 pm

jayper wrote:How likely is it that Mondo is still working on shipping out remaining Batman prints from the Anniversary show?

I received all of mine weeks ago, but I bought a "pre-order" on eBay for a missing piece and they continue to claim that it hasn't shipped yet...

Getting nervous.
It's possible that the person you bought it from asked for combined shipping on other items, resulting in a delay. Or, he's running out the clock for a dispute to be able to be filed.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Limited prints, possible bidness...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
kcn0
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:35 pm

iambillyg wrote:
jayper wrote:How likely is it that Mondo is still working on shipping out remaining Batman prints from the Anniversary show?

Getting nervous.
It's possible that the person you bought it from asked for combined shipping on other items, resulting in a delay. Or, he's running out the clock for a dispute to be able to be filed.
This is a LONG time to get combined shipping on anything else released during that time... unless he/she has asked to combine every poster purchased since then. I would definitely open a dispute. I assume you can purchase that poster for less than what you paid then.
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:38 pm

open dispute. No brainer.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:39 pm

iambillyg wrote:

Getting nervous.

With PP - "You can still report the problem in the Resolution Centre within 180 days".
Cragars
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:49 pm

file dispute, get a refund, buy another copy of the failip elsewhere.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:51 pm

yes and if you do file a dispute, hopefully it goes better than my dispute where the seller said "it's still en route to me" (43 days after the onsale date) and Paypal sided with him :roll:
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:58 pm

RiotAct wrote:(43 days after the onsale date)
Have some gd patience man. Christ. :roll:
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Cbjornson wrote:
RiotAct wrote:(43 days after the onsale date)
Have some gd patience man. Christ. :roll:
heheh. I should add, for anyone that's wondering; this was about 2 years ago, when the deadline to file a claim was still 45 days.
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Listening to the GOTG soundtrack reminds me how much I liked the movie. Such a better franchise than any of the other Marvel Movies. They really got it right.
Nicodimas
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Particle wrote:Listening to the GOTG soundtrack reminds me how much I liked the movie. Such a better franchise than any of the other Marvel Movies. They really got it right.
^This

Avengers is really fun...but lacks Soul. I think GoTg has that intangible element to it. Most feel more about business decisions and trendy. GOTG is just more fun..took risks..etc
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Nicodimas wrote:
Particle wrote:Listening to the GOTG soundtrack reminds me how much I liked the movie. Such a better franchise than any of the other Marvel Movies. They really got it right.
^This

Avengers is really fun...but lacks Soul. I think GoTg has that intangible element to it. Most feel more about business decisions and trendy. GOTG is just more fun..took risks..etc
Exactly, It's all about expectations with these movies. In fact, fan expectations are pretty much the sole reason they're made. Most people I talked to beforehand as to whether or not they'd see GOTG said the same thing, "I don't know, I'm not really familiar with that part of Marvel and it kind of looks silly with raccoon and all to be honest."

Most people had no expectations. Not "low" expectations, "no" expectations.

No Expectations + Great cast + Catchy soundtrack <<<< secret sauce. (Plus it doesn't hurt that it actually is part of the Marvel Universe)