Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
nsd
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:41 am

Tyler is fine. He may even be "improved". He's admittedly "flawed" when it comes to being punctual and would prefer to stay out of the limelight. He doesn't hear much of the hate. He's a top tier artist and probably the crown wearer in the movie poster realm. The "problems" with this piece are not the "typical" problems his critics cite him for.
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
timc
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:45 am

nsd wrote: probably the crown wearer in the movie poster realm.
Not in my book!
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
nsd
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:49 am

timc wrote:
Not in my book!
Who's yours?
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
meskell
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:52 am

Alien.jpg
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
jdre214
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:52 am

jkw3000 wrote:
mobius006 wrote:I want to ask a real question. Tyler has had low output for the past year +. Numerous post about doing the handbills for income, to just get something out. Do you think the heart isn't in this anymore but he is in sure what to do next?

It goes past this being blown up record art maybe.
Meh, he had output the past year, just not movie poster output. Still think he did a great job with his Black Keys gigposter frankly. Some guys just want to move on from the scene and its constant expectations - Moss is doing video games, Daniel Danger said he wanted to do less movie posters, even Horkey seems like he's moving on to Vacvvm now that LOTR is done.
Yeah, I think the dude easily still has it when it comes to floating heads, just look at Guardians.

This is more of a case of people again forgetting that the guerrilla days are over and Mondo can't get away with releasing the types of posters they did pre-2010.

Any future showings of classic movies should be approached with tempered expectations. Really we should just move on from hoping for amazing Stout posters for classic fudge. There will never be a Stout JP with shirtless Malcolm rights, there will never be a Pulp Fiction with "Does he look like a bitch?"-face Jules. They are probably done (or half done cuz Stout is lazy lol) with likenesses everywhereeeeeeeee but just too much red tape.

Hope for and get excited by posters for new classics.

Like Drive.

Which Mondo still sorta botched.

Why.
Last edited by jdre214 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
timc
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:56 am

nsd wrote:
timc wrote:
Not in my book!
Who's yours?
Ken Taylor but, I'll let you know after the BladeRunner, SW, Avengers and Predator coommisions I am in. :D
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:21 am

In complete seriousness, the 6th street hobos tonight were annoying as drymount. Some idiot came and provided "entertainment" while we waited in line, and he just banged some stupid beat on a drum.

I also got pat on the shoulder by some massive black dude in passing. Another told me I dropped my wallet, which I didn't. :roll:
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:44 am

:lol:
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:47 am

Bikejoh wrote:In complete seriousness, the 6th street hobos tonight were annoying as drymount. Some idiot came and provided "entertainment" while we waited in line, and he just banged some stupid beat on a drum.

I also got pat on the shoulder by some massive black dude in passing. Another told me I dropped my wallet, which I didn't. :roll:
It was a metaphor, he was obviously clairvoyant, he saw into the future that this Stout Alien print was a steaming pile of $hit. He was doing you a favor and trying to save you some money.

Imagine some fools actually booked flights to pick this up!? What a bummer return trip home that is going to be. Kinda like online dating where you think you're talking to a "hot chick" only to find out it's some ugly broad using someone else's photo as their own.

This print is a major disappointment. Was there any art direction at all? Or is Stout above direction? And a copy checker? Obviously they planned to have this showing/release on Sunday the "25th" but not correcting this "change of plans" is a fuq you to the fans. Mondo's take: "Fuq it, they won't notice, and even if they do these chumps will buy anything we $hit out." Mondo is clearly spreading themselves way too thin. Trying to be everything to everybody, prints, books, toys, music, clothes, rugs, cons... in essence they've gone corporate. They once were that "punk" band that has now signed to a major label.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:59 am

sooo, who bought those balcony seats for the screening? :lol: :lol:
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 am

Honestly, screenings are fun and all, but I'm just ready to be back in that line on Guadeloupe with all my buddies... #wheresmondo
mrwak
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:24 am

longchamps wrote:Image
Shouldn't there be a space between "motion" and "picture"? This triggers my OCD more than the Sunday mistake.
finneganm wrote: Come see Al lien on Blurgday, Januanerrry 28nd! In spaces some people can smell you yelling.
FloatingInOuttaSpace
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:27 am

Count wrote:Any crowd reaction videos? I'd love to see that...

This is how it went down. Flippers being George, Flipper Mules being Rosie.
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:58 am

All those people looking for a cash grab.....got cash grabbed by mondo.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
Cragars
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:07 am

Stout ALIEN - 600 OBO...500...350...299...143...100...cost...hook up price...silently cries.