Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
UrsusMorris
Art Expert
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Location: Amarillo, TX

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:14 pm

mobius006 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:Do people on here actually like the Lord of the Rings movies??? Or are these prints popular just b/c the artwork is Horkeys?

Personally I cant stand any type of movie/tv show like that. Id imagine all the LotR fans are also Game of Thrones fans too...
do people like phish?
I don't like Phish.

The LOTR series is probably my favorite movie trilogy. And i haven't even seen Game of Thrones yet.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
User avatar
isunktheship
Art Expert
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:11 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:15 pm

o4phish20o wrote:Do people on here actually like the Lord of the Rings movies??? Or are these prints popular just b/c the artwork is Horkeys?

Personally I cant stand any type of movie/tv show like that. Id imagine all the LotR fans are also Game of Thrones fans too...
My dad passed his Hobbit/LotR books down to me when I was young, read and thoroughly enjoyed them.. I'll pass the books on to my children, so there's sentimental value.

The Hobbit is still one of my favorite books, and the stories are great. (movie vs book debate aside)
Last edited by isunktheship on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
User avatar
UrsusMorris
Art Expert
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Location: Amarillo, TX

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:I like Lord of the Rings, don't watch Game of Thrones. It being a Horkey helps, but the fact that it's Lord of the Rings AND Horkey makes it a home run.
This, to a T.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
Posts: 4500
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:15 pm

o4phish20o wrote:Do people on here actually like the Lord of the Rings movies??? Or are these prints popular just b/c the artwork is Horkeys?

Personally I cant stand any type of movie/tv show like that. Id imagine all the LotR fans are also Game of Thrones fans too...
Unfortunately the real question you have to ask is, would these prints be popular if Horkey wasn't such a valuable commodity?
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
o4phish20o
Art Expert
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:16 pm

mobius006 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:Do people on here actually like the Lord of the Rings movies??? Or are these prints popular just b/c the artwork is Horkeys?

Personally I cant stand any type of movie/tv show like that. Id imagine all the LotR fans are also Game of Thrones fans too...
do people like phish?
Well considering that's what EB was created for... Id say yes.
The movie poster thing and mondo is all the n00bs on this site... which is why I question
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23358
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:17 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
mobius006 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:Do people on here actually like the Lord of the Rings movies??? Or are these prints popular just b/c the artwork is Horkeys?

Personally I cant stand any type of movie/tv show like that. Id imagine all the LotR fans are also Game of Thrones fans too...
do people like phish?
Well considering that's what EB was created for... Id say yes.
The movie poster thing and mondo is all the n00bs on this site... which is why I question
So there are zero Phish fans who like LOTR. Gotcha.

Learn something new every day...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
mcgraw23
Art Expert
Posts: 1974
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:52 pm
Location: ATX

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:18 pm

I really enjoy the LOTR movies... the prints are great in their own right, as well. Now if we want to talk Game of Thrones and getting Horkey on board for some of that jazz, I'm all for it! He crushed Canus Dirus and I've got a feeling he would give us an excellent print depicting the scene with *spoiler* and *spoiler* in *spoiler*.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
User avatar
Timbrh2001
Art Expert
Posts: 8416
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: 'Merica

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:18 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:
mobius006 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:Do people on here actually like the Lord of the Rings movies??? Or are these prints popular just b/c the artwork is Horkeys?

Personally I cant stand any type of movie/tv show like that. Id imagine all the LotR fans are also Game of Thrones fans too...
do people like phish?
Well considering that's what EB was created for... Id say yes.
The movie poster thing and mondo is all the n00bs on this site... which is why I question
So there are zero Phish fans who like LOTR. Gotcha.

Learn something new every day...
Big Phish fan here. I like Phish better but I also love LOTR. Enjoyed the first 2 Hobbit movies as well.
User avatar
DeadHand
Art Expert
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:48 am
Location: Chicago

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:18 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
So there are zero Phish fans who like LOTR. Gotcha.

Learn something new every day...
Only Zeppelin fans are allowed to like LOTR.
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 13043
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Poll: Whats worse as an adult?

1. Screen name references video game

2. Screen name references weed
Last edited by mobius006 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o4phish20o
Art Expert
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:19 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:
mobius006 wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:Do people on here actually like the Lord of the Rings movies??? Or are these prints popular just b/c the artwork is Horkeys?

Personally I cant stand any type of movie/tv show like that. Id imagine all the LotR fans are also Game of Thrones fans too...
do people like phish?
Well considering that's what EB was created for... Id say yes.
The movie poster thing and mondo is all the n00bs on this site... which is why I question
So there are zero Phish fans who like LOTR. Gotcha.

Learn something new every day...
Who said that? You like to make assumptions don't you?
I just find it odd so many people are in to these posters... and Im trying to figure if its b/c the artwork is done by Horkey... or if people actually watch these types of movies shows...

Did you also play dungeons and dragons as kids too?

I always thought that fudge was so weird... still do to be honest.. dragons, wizards, etc etc... just not my thing at all.
User avatar
Timbrh2001
Art Expert
Posts: 8416
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: 'Merica

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:19 pm

So says the oddball threatening to call the IRS on poster sellers...
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25743
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:20 pm

TheBeard wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:Do people on here actually like the Lord of the Rings movies??? Or are these prints popular just b/c the artwork is Horkeys?

Personally I cant stand any type of movie/tv show like that. Id imagine all the LotR fans are also Game of Thrones fans too...
Unfortunately the real question you have to ask is, would these prints be popular if Horkey wasn't such a valuable commodity?
How times have changed:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... &p=1216421&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
Posts: 4500
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:So says the oddball threatening to call the IRS on poster sellers...
That's not very phish-like to me.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
Posts: 4500
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:22 pm

rubberneck wrote:
TheBeard wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:Do people on here actually like the Lord of the Rings movies??? Or are these prints popular just b/c the artwork is Horkeys?

Personally I cant stand any type of movie/tv show like that. Id imagine all the LotR fans are also Game of Thrones fans too...
Unfortunately the real question you have to ask is, would these prints be popular if Horkey wasn't such a valuable commodity?
How times have changed:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... &p=1216421&
The last couple of years has been impossible to keep up with inflation-wise.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
Post Reply