Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Packatrix
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:22 am

fitz wrote:
funny thing about that walk is when he goes to the shop the area looks pretty meh but it being London houses along that road (Nelson Road) can cost over $1m
More evidence if any were needed that London has lead to the UK losing all sense of fiscal reality.

Still... it's a home of sorts.
User avatar
aldo
Art Expert
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Seems like this would affect Mondo quite a bit: http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/17/63345 ... ping-rules
...new rules that require online shipment companies to have a "reasonable basis" for their estimated shipping dates, and for them to ship an item within 30 days if no date is set. Helpful, but the kicker is this: if the company misses the shipping date, or doesn't set one and misses the 30-day cut-off, customers must be informed and provide consent for the delay. If the company doesn't receive consent — even if the customer simply doesn't respond — it must automatically refund the purchase. Any time between when the customer consents to the delay and the item ships, the customer can cancel the order for a full refund.
MoviePosterEmpire

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:11 pm

aldo wrote:Seems like this would affect Mondo quite a bit: http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/17/63345 ... ping-rules
...new rules that require online shipment companies to have a "reasonable basis" for their estimated shipping dates, and for them to ship an item within 30 days if no date is set. Helpful, but the kicker is this: if the company misses the shipping date, or doesn't set one and misses the 30-day cut-off, customers must be informed and provide consent for the delay. If the company doesn't receive consent — even if the customer simply doesn't respond — it must automatically refund the purchase. Any time between when the customer consents to the delay and the item ships, the customer can cancel the order for a full refund.
So I'll get my Goonies prints by Dec 8th?
User avatar
egrimens
Art Expert
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:11 pm

aldo wrote:Seems like this would affect Mondo quite a bit: http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/17/63345 ... ping-rules
...new rules that require online shipment companies to have a "reasonable basis" for their estimated shipping dates, and for them to ship an item within 30 days if no date is set. Helpful, but the kicker is this: if the company misses the shipping date, or doesn't set one and misses the 30-day cut-off, customers must be informed and provide consent for the delay. If the company doesn't receive consent — even if the customer simply doesn't respond — it must automatically refund the purchase. Any time between when the customer consents to the delay and the item ships, the customer can cancel the order for a full refund.
So basically people can cancel their failips and consent to waiting for the good stuff.
User avatar
fnord
Art Expert
Posts: 7399
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:15 pm

egrimens wrote: So basically people can cancel their failips and consent to waiting for the good stuff.
Image


But i imagine they'll stop taking your orders shortly after you do that.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
User avatar
jeter0204
Art Expert
Posts: 5548
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 am
Location: Frisco, TX
Contact:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:52 pm

There's always a loophole. What if Mondo charges every one a penny to sign up for their subscription and then purchasing a print is part of the subscription? BOOM!
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
User avatar
Awesome
Art Expert
Posts: 1882
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Looks like posters will only be sold when Mondo has them in hand already, it's better for everybody that way.
pugsly
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:41 pm

The article is misleading- all a company has to do is clearly (over)estimate their shipping times to avoid any issues with this. Companies that don't clearly state estimated ship times are the only ones that have to worry about the 30 day window
Only issue would be if you say 'ships within 2 months' but it takes more than a month after that and so on..
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Awesome wrote:Looks like posters will only be sold when Mondo has them in hand already, it's better for everybody that way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP9UJPZOS9Y
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:41 pm

So, they found their record label manager.
So it goes...
User avatar
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Westside

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:43 pm

mfaith wrote:So, they found their record label manager.

...And then what happened...??
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 pm

phantomforce wrote:
mfaith wrote:So, they found their record label manager.

...And then what happened...??
@MondoNews wrote:Turns out, we've found someone! Super excited about it and I think there is a plan to let you all know who it is tomorrow!
This guy?
Image
So it goes...
User avatar
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Westside

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Nope, It's Die Hard.
User avatar
Osan912
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:07 pm

It's gotta be Rob or JB they've never made a big deal about a hire before though so idk .
User avatar
egrimens
Art Expert
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:22 pm

Osan912 wrote:It's gotta be Rob or JB they've never made a big deal about a hire before though so idk .
It's Stout 8)
Post Reply