Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
badascii
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:08 pm

can't believe the hype around Kelly's poster. flippers jumping the gun?

his talent is obvious from looking at it but...who would actually be willing stare at that on their wall?
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:09 pm

badascii wrote:can't believe the hype around Kelly's poster. flippers jumping the gun?

his talent is obvious from looking at it but...who would actually be willing stare at that on their wall?
I would, I'll put it on my wall. I mean, I'm not going to sit there and stare at it, but I'll def hang it and see it often.
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm

badascii wrote:his talent is obvious from looking at it but...who would actually be willing stare at that on their wall?
Bold statement after perusing your collection.
glenn1
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
badascii wrote:can't believe the hype around Kelly's poster. flippers jumping the gun?

I would, I'll put it on my wall. I mean, I'm not going to sit there and stare at it, but I'll def hang it and see it often.
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:11 pm

ITS PRETTY FUGGIN GOOD DOOD
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
badascii
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:12 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:Bold statement after perusing your collection.
I would hang any of the others before his.

nice private collection btw
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:17 pm

My collection blows so I'm pretty much out of that conversation, I just know I've been waiting for a TMNT print that I liked to be released officially for a little while now, since the Proctor is out of my reach, and I was very happy when I saw Rich Kelly's.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Commenting on others collection seems pretentious and personally I think is uncalled for.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:33 pm

We need that one dude here, the guy who wants to compare collections/w2's/wives.
egrimens
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:33 pm

gonzo303 wrote:In terms of TMNT posters....I never understood why these didn't get more love!!

I think its only because they are 4 small posters rather than 1 large one, that's my guess
lujborg
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:35 pm

IWish wrote:Commenting on others collection seems pretentious and personally I think is uncalled for.
FOODRAP wrote:It all boils down to personal integrity.
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:39 pm

lujborg wrote:
IWish wrote:Commenting on others collection seems pretentious and personally I think is uncalled for.
FOODRAP wrote:It all boils down to personal integrity.
nah. . . . fair game bro
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:41 pm

statik wrote:Last attempt before I wait for the AP drop. Looking for a Kelly though. People call me the biggest TMNT freak on here. Yeah my collection is that of a stupid level when it comes to the turtles. I miss all Mondo drops since I work the graveyard shift though. So even though Leo has who know what going on and Donny is looking like a frazzled Kermit the Frog who just ripped a big fart. I still want this print.

Some preorders I been waiting on. :oops:

I thought you were taken care of per PB&T. Bummer man! I skipped the drop as it didn't seem like anyone needed the help...
milligan
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:41 pm

A little late to the discussion, but I'm not a big TMNT fan. Watched them when I was younger, but am not one to be very nostalgic about cartoons. I was always a little jealous of my friend's hand drawn and signed turtle drawing by Laird. His mom met him on an airplane and had him draw it for my friend. Looks awesome.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:42 pm

milligan wrote:A little late to the discussion, but I'm not a big TMNT fan. Watched them when I was younger, but am not one to be very nostalgic about cartoons. I was always a little jealous of my friend's hand drawn and signed turtle drawing by Laird. His mom met him on an airplane and had him draw it for my friend. Looks awesome.
Nice! That'd have been an awesome surprise to get.