Art Freak

Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:34 pm

+1 variant... FINALLY a Trolljegeren print! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Image Image Image
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:19 pm

summoner wrote:+1 variant... FINALLY a Trolljegeren print! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Business aside, I couldn't agree more. Hopefully these images hold you over until they arrive.

meskell
Art Expert

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 pm

lsmith55 wrote:
skullyland wrote:subtitles are exhausting, couldn't watch it.. really like the print though
There is an English audio version as well. I watched that one instead because I find subtitles distracting in most instances.
Unless they are using voice over actors with the same ethnicity or someone that at least has an accent that would match the character if they were to speak english, I just can't do it. I can't remember which film it was where I tried the dubbed version and the voice over dude sounded like a surfer from Malibu when the character he voicing was an aristocrat or some fudge. The Ken and Barbie types voicing foreign actors are the worst.

2/2 on film properties FAMP. Great job!
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:07 am

can't do subtitles and ya cant do dubbed?! Get it together man!
Halo97
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:53 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:can't do subtitles and ya cant do dubbed?! Get it together man!
Agreed. What a missed world of cinema.
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 am

Halo97 wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:can't do subtitles and ya cant do dubbed?! Get it together man!
We gotta ease this guy into it. Just start with The Raid, there's like no dialogue in that. Bad ass flick. Then migrate to Ong Bak, a bit more dialogue but still action heavy. I'd finally conclude the transition with Oldboy or City of God. If those don't turn you on to watching with subs then nothing will.
buddhawake
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:57 am

FAMPart wrote:
Halo97 wrote:
We gotta ease this guy into it. Just start with The Raid, there's like no dialogue in that. Bad ass flick. Then migrate to Ong Bak, a bit more dialogue but still action heavy. I'd finally conclude the transition with Oldboy or City of God. If those don't turn you on to watching with subs then nothing will.
You going to start him with The Raid? if so I would just say go back to the HK stuff, The Killer and Hard Boiled from John Woo and maybe then the first 3 Police Story.
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:27 am

buddhawake wrote:
FAMPart wrote:
Halo97 wrote:
You going to start him with The Raid? if so I would just say go back to the HK stuff, The Killer and Hard Boiled from John Woo and maybe then the first 3 Police Story.
Yeah, there's like 15 minutes of dialogue in it lol. I love the HK stuff but those old school ones are actually hilarious to watch dubbed. I'm all for subs over dubs but oh man is it great dubbed
summoner
Art Freak

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 am

When you speak the language, you dont need subtitles...
Image Image Image
ColeParks
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:11 am

FAMPart wrote:
Halo97 wrote:
You should give hime some motivation to watch The Raid by releasing a print for it and The Raid 2, maybe..?
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:07 pm

ColeParks wrote:
FAMPart wrote:
Halo97 wrote:
You should give hime some motivation to watch The Raid by releasing a print for it and The Raid 2, maybe..?
Working on it. It's a film that I love and while Jock's artwork is great, I think there's a lot more that can be done with it. I mean, come on, we need a little blood splatter and weapons on it.

By the way, for anyone that lives in the UK, we are now offering first class mail as a shipping option. We are experimenting with it since it's significantly cheaper and people still have to deal with customs. If it works well we'll expand it to other international territories but we still prefer priority since it is insured, faster, and has tracking. We want this to be affordable for you guys, naturally.
ColeParks
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:11 am

FAMPart wrote:
ColeParks wrote:
FAMPart wrote:
Working on it. It's a film that I love and while Jock's artwork is great, I think there's a lot more that can be done with it. I mean, come on, we need a little blood splatter and weapons on it.

By the way, for anyone that lives in the UK, we are now offering first class mail as a shipping option. We are experimenting with it since it's significantly cheaper and people still have to deal with customs. If it works well we'll expand it to other international territories but we still prefer priority since it is insured, faster, and has tracking. We want this to be affordable for you guys, naturally.
:D :clap:
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 am

summoner wrote:
Right, the point was he doesn't speak the language, but he doesn't like subtitles, so he tried dubbed but the lips aren't matched up well so he doesn't do that either so just avoid it altogether. My point was you're missing out on really great movies.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:59 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
summoner wrote:
Right, the point was he doesn't speak the language, but he doesn't like subtitles, so he tried dubbed but the lips aren't matched up well so he doesn't do that either so just avoid it altogether. My point was you're missing out on really great movies.
'really great movies' is pretty subjective. For me, if a film is subtitled or dubbed (with a few exceptions) the film doesn't hold up against the 'really great movie' remark. My personal opinion. I would equate it to trying to watch the godfather with Tiny Tim Tiptoe Through The Tulips playing in the background lol
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters