Fear and Loathing commission print

General art-related discussion.
Locked
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9828
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:53 pm

came out very nice. great work ian. :clap: i prefer the reg, as HST's face seems to blend in and lose detail on the var., but jpegs never do a print justice. regardless, turned out great. give yourself a pat on the back, this whole thing has been fun.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
IanGlaubinger
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:43 pm
Contact:

Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:57 pm

bryndavies wrote:came out very nice. great work ian. :clap: i prefer the reg, as HST's face seems to blend in and lose detail on the var., but jpegs never do a print justice. regardless, turned out great. give yourself a pat on the back, this whole thing has been fun.
Thanks! You're right though, HST's face is washed out in the variant photo but that is only due to my superb (and by superb I mean crappy) photo taking skills. It's a little on the light side on the actual print but FAR from what the .jpg depicts.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9828
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:59 pm

IanGlaubinger wrote:
bryndavies wrote:came out very nice. great work ian. :clap: i prefer the reg, as HST's face seems to blend in and lose detail on the var., but jpegs never do a print justice. regardless, turned out great. give yourself a pat on the back, this whole thing has been fun.
Thanks! You're right though, HST's face is washed out in the variant photo but that is only due to my superb (and by superb I mean crappy) photo taking skills. It's a little on the light side on the actual print but FAR from what the .jpg depicts.

i could totally see that. again, though, great job. you can see the time and effort you put into everything. and you had to put up with some real characters, too. charge double next time. :D
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
glenn1
Art Expert
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Wow, Ian, those turned out great. Amazing work! :pint:
User avatar
hellosir
Art Freak
Posts: 11189
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 am

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:28 am

Prints look great
Surprised #gonzoed hasn't sent out an additional payment request to everyone
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18433
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:41 am

hellosir wrote:Prints look great
Surprised #gonzoed hasn't sent out an additional payment request to everyone
Dude you're seriously drymounting stupid. Go drymount off somewhere else. You aren't and would've never been a part so go away.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
hellosir
Art Freak
Posts: 11189
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 am

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:43 am

Whoa, settle down
Hope you don't have plans to drive tonight
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8488
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:45 am

Looks great Ian! Stoked.


gonzo he will only continue to antagonize you as long as you keep responding to it. Don't you get it yet?
theswampyankee
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:40 am
Location: Lafayette, La

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:57 am

They both look amazing! Incredible work.
User avatar
jpfondu
Art Expert
Posts: 2536
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 am
Location: Scotland

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:20 am

Glad to be a part of this. it's so different to everything else I have in the wall so it'll stand out.
User avatar
IanGlaubinger
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:43 pm
Contact:

Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:20 pm

I thought it would be fun to sign and number these in a color pulled from the art. I'm using a orange yellow colored pencil on the regulars and it looks real sharp...
Image
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9828
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:26 pm

IanGlaubinger wrote:I thought it would be fun to sign and number these in a color pulled from the art. I'm using a orange yellow colored pencil on the regulars and it looks real sharp...
Image
i'd agree. great idea! looks good.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
ToonKiller
Art Expert
Posts: 1930
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: High Plains Drifter

Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Brilliant Ian they look awesome!! Can't wait to see this in person :ziggi:
User avatar
SlowlyTyped
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Nice touch with the colored sig!
User avatar
reddog76
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:39 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:16 pm

They look outstanding!
Locked