Nautilus Art Prints Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
jayper
Art Expert
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 am

Sun May 03, 2015 2:46 pm

sidaldo wrote:
jayper wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:"Les Vacances de Mr Hulot" variant by David Merveille - SOLD OUT
"Les Vacances de Mr Hulot" by David Merveille - 128 left
Mon Oncle by Tom Whalen - 91 left
Mon Oncle Variant by Tom Whalen - 35 left
I kinda figured those Mon Ocle variants would have gone a lot faster... I think it's some of Tom's best work.
Its an amazing work but I guess many people have not seen the film. I guess that holds true for a lot of the unsold work at Nautilus.
Completely fair point. I haven't seen the film myself, but I couldn't resist.
Last edited by jayper on Sun May 03, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Sun May 03, 2015 3:48 pm

Agreed about Mon Oncle being one of Whalen's best.

I don't understand how posters for random 80s horror movies will sell out in minutes, but pieces like these - for some of the best films ever - sit around for days. Not that I'm complaining.
jlewis6159
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 am

Sun May 03, 2015 5:46 pm

I wonder about the same thing. Do you think that the average poster collector cares less about world cinema or do you just think Nautilus as a brand isn't yet established enough? Or, option three, are average poster FLIPPERS not interested in world cinema?
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7034
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Sun May 03, 2015 8:04 pm

allyouzombies wrote:Agreed about Mon Oncle being one of Whalen's best.

I don't understand how posters for random 80s horror movies will sell out in minutes, but pieces like these - for some of the best films ever - sit around for days. Not that I'm complaining.
Most people, in general, have zero taste.
jlewis6159
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 am

Sun May 03, 2015 8:51 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
allyouzombies wrote:Agreed about Mon Oncle being one of Whalen's best.

I don't understand how posters for random 80s horror movies will sell out in minutes, but pieces like these - for some of the best films ever - sit around for days. Not that I'm complaining.
Most people, in general, have zero taste.
This.
gleemonex
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:52 pm
Location: Winnipeg

Sun May 03, 2015 9:08 pm

sidaldo wrote:
jayper wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:"Les Vacances de Mr Hulot" variant by David Merveille - SOLD OUT
"Les Vacances de Mr Hulot" by David Merveille - 128 left
Mon Oncle by Tom Whalen - 91 left
Mon Oncle Variant by Tom Whalen - 35 left
I kinda figured those Monocle variants would have gone a lot faster... I think it's some of Tom's best work.
Its an amazing work but I guess many people have not seen the film. I guess that holds true for a lot of the unsold work at Nautilus.
Since people in this thread keep calling it Monocle instead of Mon Oncle, I'm sure this is true.
User avatar
jayper
Art Expert
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 am

Sun May 03, 2015 10:42 pm

That's all me. Whoops. As stated, I haven't seen the movie. Just a big fan of the print.

Will fix the original post.
User avatar
Dnovi
Art Expert
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:40 am

Mon May 11, 2015 2:19 pm

Nautilus making The Third Man related posts on facebook.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 22862
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Mon May 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Yep, Third Man. Paging c0bbz...

Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
omgkitty
Art Expert
Posts: 6067
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Mon May 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Image
User avatar
Migs
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:28 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Mon May 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Looks like Francavilla's work :shock:
Image
User avatar
jayper
Art Expert
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 am

Mon May 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Migs wrote:Looks like Francavilla's work :shock:
Definitely agree with that!
User avatar
SPICOLEI
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Mon May 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Image

Going after this one! Fingers crossed for Francavilla on board.
Image Image Image Image
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6899
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Mon May 11, 2015 4:00 pm

fingers crossed for a great print to match a fantastic film (which is currently getting re-mastered I believe)
User avatar
Migs
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:28 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Mon May 11, 2015 4:08 pm

SPICOLEI wrote:Going after this one! Fingers crossed for Francavilla on board.
Instantly reminded me of these var covers. Plus he tweeted he had something 36x24 coming out soon :pint:
green0.jpg
green1.jpg
green2.jpg
Image
Post Reply