Pejac

General art-related discussion.
Dubflakes
Art Expert

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:01 am

Dubflakes wrote:
GmidD wrote:After about 5 months of waiting, I finally got the replacment for my damaged Seppuku! This one actually had some very minor damage too, but not enough to really worry about. Just glad to finally have one that's in good shape!
Same story here. These weren't packed the best. Tubes were too short, paper was too thin, no kraft. Definitely some issues.
Scratch that. I looked at it closer today and it's in worse shape than the first one. :hanging:

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:03 am

Paste that fudge up on a wall where it belongs. #sostreet
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Dubflakes
Art Expert

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:10 am

Codeblue wrote:Paste that fudge up on a wall where it belongs. #sostreet
Pretty sure this was already pasted up on a wall. #sloppyseconds
GmidD
Art Expert

Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Dubflakes wrote:
Dubflakes wrote:
GmidD wrote:After about 5 months of waiting, I finally got the replacment for my damaged Seppuku! This one actually had some very minor damage too, but not enough to really worry about. Just glad to finally have one that's in good shape!
Same story here. These weren't packed the best. Tubes were too short, paper was too thin, no kraft. Definitely some issues.
Scratch that. I looked at it closer today and it's in worse shape than the first one. :hanging:

That sucks man. Thats how my first one looked. Wish they knew how to ship.
soupysound
EB Team

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:09 pm

"Entelechy" Heron Tower- Sushi Samba (London)

Dubflakes
Art Expert

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:31 pm

GmidD wrote: That sucks man. Thats how my first one looked. Wish they knew how to ship.
The first one was limited to edge damage. I wish I had just kept that one. The paper on these was pretty thin too. Hope they use thicker paper on the next one.
GmidD
Art Expert

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Dubflakes wrote:
GmidD wrote: That sucks man. Thats how my first one looked. Wish they knew how to ship.
The first one was limited to edge damage. I wish I had just kept that one. The paper on these was pretty thin too. Hope they use thicker paper on the next one.
The paper is definitely a little thin. Really hope they use better paper on the next one as well. Hopefully they get you sorted a little quicker than it took for the first round of replacements.
alittle
Art Freak

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Sounds like great service for 200 euro.
GmidD
Art Expert

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:29 pm

alittle wrote:Sounds like great service for 200 euro.
To be honest, Max—Pejac's agent maybe?—is a really nice guy and they did end up sorting a replacement for me (5 months later), but it was far from a good experience and I'm just hoping they figure out the shipping for the next drop because they don't really seem to know what they're doing on that front.
Cragars
Art Expert

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Yeeep. Will make me second guess buying the next release.
GmidD
Art Expert

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Cragars wrote:Yeeep. Will make me second guess buying the next release.
I'm actually having second thoughts as well. Poor shipping, a incredibly long time for replacements and the inevitably high price for this one might make me pass. Will ultimately depend on the image though.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Did anyone attempt to school them on minimum proper packing (not that ridiculous crustar tutorial)?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
GmidD
Art Expert

Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Codeblue wrote:Did anyone attempt to school them on minimum proper packing (not that ridiculous crustar tutorial)?
I offered some suggestions and the second one was packed better but it still wasn't right. They taped the ends of the craft paper to the tube to keep it from sliding, but they didn't tape the roll smaller than the tube so any dent is easily transferred to the print. And they used pretty cheap tubes too, so it seems like quite a few ended up damaged. My second print actually looks like it was either damaged before they put it in the tube or it was damaged while they were putting it in the tube because it didn't slide at all so I'm not sure how the edge got damaged. Plus there's a few faint scratches on the paper near the damaged edge so I'm not sure where those would've come from.
Suben
New User

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:59 pm

In order to bring some confidence to the upcoming release packaging method I just wanted to mention:
1- This time my team will be responsable for packaging all prints.
2- Following kind instructions from some forum members we will see to: use thick tubes, leave at least 5cm free at each end of tube, print protected with tissue paper and roll it smaller than the tube with craft paper to the lenght of tube.
Again, sorry any inconvenience.
GmidD
Art Expert

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Suben wrote:In order to bring some confidence to the upcoming release packaging method I just wanted to mention:
1- This time my team will be responsable for packaging all prints.
2- Following kind instructions from some forum members we will see to: use thick tubes, leave at least 5cm free at each end of tube, print protected with tissue paper and roll it smaller than the tube with craft paper to the lenght of tube.
Again, sorry any inconvenience.
Excellent!! :clap: Looking forward to seeing what the print is going to be!