Laurent Durieux's Modes of Transportation

General art-related discussion.
cchang
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:12 pm

fourthstooge wrote:
sez752 wrote:Had high hopes for this series too. Sad to see how it's shaping up. Much like the Idiocracy private comission. Both are being run by the same company.
Hey guys, just an update. This was sitting in the printer's queue for a while. When the time came for printing, I had to pull the print and make a change after I caught a spelling error in the proof. Got it fixed on both the reg and variant, it was re-trapped and new separations went back to the printer but the spot was gone. Everybody's been backed up so it's taking a long time to get prints through printers. I've got jobs with other printers that are just waiting to be printed as well. I wish I could make it go faster (like years faster). I just got an update from the printer yesterday that the wood is prepped and all printing will be completed by the end of the year but it'll be after the first before they're in-hand.

sez, ping me if you're missing your Idiocracy. These have gone out.
Nice. That's good news.
bodhih
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:56 pm

fourthstooge wrote:
sez752 wrote:Had high hopes for this series too. Sad to see how it's shaping up. Much like the Idiocracy private comission. Both are being run by the same company.
Hey guys, just an update. This was sitting in the printer's queue for a while. When the time came for printing, I had to pull the print and make a change after I caught a spelling error in the proof. Got it fixed on both the reg and variant, it was re-trapped and new separations went back to the printer but the spot was gone. Everybody's been backed up so it's taking a long time to get prints through printers. I've got jobs with other printers that are just waiting to be printed as well. I wish I could make it go faster (like years faster). I just got an update from the printer yesterday that the wood is prepped and all printing will be completed by the end of the year but it'll be after the first before they're in-hand.

any new updates?
recycler
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:41 pm

listerfeend wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:but correct me if i'm wrong, refunds have been offered to those who want it?
If you ask you can get a refund.
Can I return the ones from the sub? Beyond the first print, these have been super lack luster.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:57 pm

bodhih wrote:
fourthstooge wrote:

any new updates?
Waiting on the shipping notification from the printer so I can release the details.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
skypilot
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Can we at least see the final version?????
bodhih
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:45 am

skypilot wrote:Can we at least see the final version?????

^^
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 am

luls.

You folks seem to be pretty impatient. Just give people some time.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 am

bubbie wrote:luls.

I mean, not sure if being said facetiously but this sub was sold like four years ago and there have been three prints.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:03 pm

I like the 3 prints that have come out and have the first two in the series. That said, I'm glad I didn't get a sub.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:21 pm

bubbie wrote:luls.

FOUR MOAR YEARS
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:28 pm

jjttdw wrote:That said, I'm glad I didn't get a sub.
Never go FULL SUB.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:38 pm

unless it's at Firehouse Subs. Those subs are good.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Never go FULL SUB.
Really, that sounds a bit odd to me? Cos maybe you're really a 'Fan', 'Collector' or 'Connoisseur'...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
SPAC04
Art Expert

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
Never go FULL SUB.
Really, that sounds a bit odd to me? Cos maybe you're really a 'Fan', 'Collector' or 'Connoisseur'...
:lol:
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:49 pm

I’m in the sub, but I live dangerously.
That's what she said