Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 3:33 pm

ISO bomber boy canvas, where/where is the show?! :D
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 3:35 pm

shaunhoff wrote:ISO bomber boy canvas, where/where is the show?! :D
Holding it at out 60 Broadway space in NY :D

Going to have basically every canvas here he has ever done. Looking forward to it
PosterBOB
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Ah, I am using my phone and didn't see the easily recognizable mac avatar ;) I am looking forward to getting the pdf then, that's a good price and I hope to obtain one of the bomber canvases.
kotopa4 wrote:
PosterBOB wrote:The free prints are giclees. Where are you getting pricing info on the canvases?
Probably from the fact that he's curating the show? Just a thought :P
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 3:40 pm

PosterBOB wrote:Ah, I am using my phone and didn't see the easily recognizable mac avatar ;) I am looking forward to getting the pdf then, that's a good price and I hope to obtain one of the bomber canvases.
kotopa4 wrote:
PosterBOB wrote:The free prints are giclees. Where are you getting pricing info on the canvases?
Probably from the fact that he's curating the show? Just a thought :P

Honestly I kind of look like Mac in real life. Have these ears that kind of stick out.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 3:53 pm

acidburn wrote:

Going to have basically every canvas here he has ever done. Looking forward to it
you mean you have an Emotional Rain canvas available?
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 3:55 pm

bkboy77 wrote:
acidburn wrote:

you mean you have an Emotional Rain canvas available?

si
bkboy77
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm a slow learner
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
leary411
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 5:24 pm

acidburn wrote:Bomber boy #1 will be a free print at the show.
:drool: looks like I will be adding this to my ISO also looking for a happy NewYear. Maybe someone will have a pair to sell me on the cheap :)

4x6 size ?
T.K.C.
kinqcuonq
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 7:56 pm

lsmith55 wrote:If he was actually stenciling or even hand-finishing the screen prints (or giclees) he sells that would be one thing (and way too much work- and probably cost more), but for the sizing, all the numerous variant colorways he produces, I think he is overpriced. His Rainbow Inc. was the right price but all his prints since then have been too much. It's all relative though and understand if some people do want to pay that much becuase his work is really nice regardless.

I understand that with some of his screen prints he can claim they are 15 colors, but the reality is there are 5 or 6 teeny tiny stars that are the size of a dot. Each color is certainly unique, and i don't think every print needs to be saturated in colors, but his prices are excessive.

Talented nonetheless and that bomber boy is great- what will the cost/edition be on that?
I understand where you're coming from. He did get a little excessive with the variant colorways for the first "When you wish upon a star" release. Other than that, there were only 2 variants for the second release and none for the third release. For what its worth, the mono editions of the first release was handfinished but was slightly more expensive and the mono edition of the second release was also handfinished but only came in an edition of 10. I think his pricing is not bad at all considering the effort that goes into each piece and especially when I start comparing it with artists who charge more for their pieces which are splattered with graffiti and/or contain a stolen/photoshopped image. Each to their own.
fung430
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 8:01 pm

This looks good!! I will be attending count me in for the line up!!!

Man an emotional rain canvas? BKBOY you are saving for a future show ! back OFF!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 8:18 pm

leary411 wrote:
acidburn wrote:Bomber boy #1 will be a free print at the show.
:drool: looks like I will be adding this to my ISO also looking for a happy NewYear. Maybe someone will have a pair to sell me on the cheap :)

4x6 size ?
Yea think it'll match New Years
lsmith55
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 9:00 pm

kinqcuonq wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:If he was actually stenciling or even hand-finishing the screen prints (or giclees) he sells that would be one thing (and way too much work- and probably cost more), but for the sizing, all the numerous variant colorways he produces, I think he is overpriced. His Rainbow Inc. was the right price but all his prints since then have been too much. It's all relative though and understand if some people do want to pay that much becuase his work is really nice regardless.

I understand that with some of his screen prints he can claim they are 15 colors, but the reality is there are 5 or 6 teeny tiny stars that are the size of a dot. Each color is certainly unique, and i don't think every print needs to be saturated in colors, but his prices are excessive.

Talented nonetheless and that bomber boy is great- what will the cost/edition be on that?
I understand where you're coming from. He did get a little excessive with the variant colorways for the first "When you wish upon a star" release. Other than that, there were only 2 variants for the second release and none for the third release. For what its worth, the mono editions of the first release was handfinished but was slightly more expensive and the mono edition of the second release was also handfinished but only came in an edition of 10. I think his pricing is not bad at all considering the effort that goes into each piece and especially when I start comparing it with artists who charge more for their pieces which are splattered with graffiti and/or contain a stolen/photoshopped image. Each to their own.
Good points, we can all agree that he is very talented- I really enjoy his stencil videos. I actually owned the mono wish upon a star but it arrived damage so I had to send it back to Japan and got a refund. Terribly packaged for a $420 print. As long as he stays on the trajectory of less variants and lower editions, his work will merit the prices. I just thought that one was so overpriced. Kinda glad I got the refund to be honest.

That bomber boy though. I want one of the canvases. :drool:
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 9:06 pm

I know my opinion might not mean much being on this side of things but I really feel people are going to love the prints. Especially if you're liking bomber boy and his past "Bombed" piece he did with Whatson.
statik
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 9:19 pm

I think I want the police car/dog/fox piece if there's a print. That fudge has quite a few of my favorite things and especially if you add in a graffiti element with a beat up police car. Feel like I'm looking at a oldskool skate vid called Destroying America where they set one on fire and grind all over it.
drymount your sig!
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Damn, picking a bad time to expand my small business. Hope I can scrounge up some loot
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image