Matt Ferguson / Cakes and Comics art releases

General art-related discussion.
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:31 am

Love the Reg on this one - looks like a TPB cover (which for a comic book movie is a good thing!)
pittidesart
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:30 am

:clap: Best THOR poster out there. Really feels like it could be a one sheet for the film, and the foil works for the subject matter nicely.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:34 am

Congrats to Matt and GMA - great job on tackling Hemsworth, and a nice, clean design right there. Keeps getting better.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:51 am

jkw3000 wrote:Congrats to Matt and GMA - great job on tackling Hemsworth, and a nice, clean design right there. Keeps getting better.
Thanks man. So thrilled with the outcome of this one. Matt did such a great job, and he really continues to
Impress me with his take on different films.
jayper
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:29 am

Really stoked on this one. Definitely going to try and score a reg!

Beautiful work.

Really interested to see the final piece of this trilogy. It's gotta be Cap, right?
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:31 am

jayper wrote:Really stoked on this one. Definitely going to try and score a reg!

Beautiful work.

Really interested to see the final piece of this trilogy. It's gotta be Cap, right?
Grey Matter just released official Captain America's earlier this summer so I'd be surprised if they got another official release this soon. I'm going to guess Incredible Hulk.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:34 am

lordhelmet wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Congrats to Matt and GMA - great job on tackling Hemsworth, and a nice, clean design right there. Keeps getting better.
Thanks man. So thrilled with the outcome of this one. Matt did such a great job, and he really continues to
Impress me with his take on different films.
Now gimme a great Cap print, a great first class print and a great DOFP print :wink: :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:36 am

steelbooklover wrote:
jayper wrote:Really stoked on this one. Definitely going to try and score a reg!

Beautiful work.

Grey Matter just released official Captain America's earlier this summer so I'd be surprised if they got another official release this soon. I'm going to guess Incredible Hulk.

Actually, this year we are trying for 2 more. Really hoping we get them out, but we have a lot of plans to work with Matt in the future.
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:42 am

lordhelmet wrote:
steelbooklover wrote:

Beautiful work.

Actually, this year we are trying for 2 more. Really hoping we get them out, but we have a lot of plans to work with Matt in the future.
Thats awesome! You guys have been killing it with these marvel releases. I look forward to buying every one that comes out. I already got Iron Man and both the Caps.

And I meant another official Captain America release. Not another marvel release.
Last edited by steelbooklover on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayper
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:45 am

lordhelmet wrote:
steelbooklover wrote:

Beautiful work.

Oh wow! Two more?

I thought I had read a comment from Matt somewhere stating that this was a trilogy. Four works for me :)
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:47 am

jayper wrote:
lordhelmet wrote:
steelbooklover wrote:

Beautiful work.

Oh wow! Two more?

I thought I had read a comment from Matt somewhere stating that this was a trilogy. Four works for me :)
He's sneaked in some Cap previews in his ARCO logo. Last one, I dunno, see what he assembles I guess.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
CakesandComics
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:47 am

4, 5 or 6 even?
jayper
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:12 pm

CakesandComics wrote:4, 5 or 6 even?
:D Sweet!

Now I just need to find a way to track down one of your GotG prints. Missed that one...
jjdungca
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

jayper wrote:
CakesandComics wrote:4, 5 or 6 even?
:D Sweet!

Now I just need to find a way to track down one of your GotG prints. Missed that one...
I need that one as well but it makes my stomach hurt thinking about dropping aftermarket prices on it.
ImageImageImage
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:36 pm

great sketch release today from Matt & Bottleneck based around NY Comic Con!

excited to be a part. :D