Matt Ferguson / Cakes and Comics art releases

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
CakesandComics
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contact:

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Printed for the crew working on the film. Very happy with how it turned out!

Image
User avatar
coborjobs2010
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: TX

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Looks pretty slick!
Image Image
User avatar
Raid71
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 am
Location: Manchester | UK
Contact:

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Great work Matt
making marks on paper for food
http://www.raid71.com
https://twitter.com/raid71
User avatar
CakesandComics
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contact:

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks you guys :)
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23418
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:40 pm

I have high hopes that one day you'll also do "Stop the Planet of the Apes, I Want To Get Off!" as well. Bravo. :clap:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6900
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:32 pm

CakesandComics wrote:Thanks you guys :)
will there be a peons release of this print?
User avatar
CakesandComics
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contact:

Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:38 pm

fitz wrote:
CakesandComics wrote:Thanks you guys :)
will there be a peons release of this print?
Sorry they have all gone to the crew, I had a few APs but they have gone already.
User avatar
theartofliving
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:39 pm

:clap:
User avatar
logan080502
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:46 am

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:35 am

AMAZING :drool: :drool:
User avatar
CakesandComics
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contact:

Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Here is some detail shots of it. It's 3 colours and printed on red French Paper. Edition of 50 (for the peeps working on the film).

Image

Image

Image

Image

I'm so happy with how it turned out.

More posters from me very soon!
User avatar
coborjobs2010
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: TX

Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:51 am

How long does it typically take you to finish a design? You're pumping out a lot of good quality stuff, its impressive
Image Image
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6900
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:26 pm

damn but I would love to get my hands on one of these - really nice image - so many good things going aorund as cast and crew specials - I need to get a job as a Gaffer or something :P
User avatar
CakesandComics
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contact:

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:24 pm

coborjobs2010 wrote:How long does it typically take you to finish a design? You're pumping out a lot of good quality stuff, its impressive
It depends. If I have an idea and I am driven it can take as little as a day... this Apes poster was just under a couple of days work, but then it is quite graphic and I had a very clear idea in my mind of how I wanted the ape and the flag to look so it flowed quite easily. If it was something more illustrated, like the GotG Star Wars I did recently, it can take a couple of weeks or more even. Often times I don't know how long a poster has taken because I work on so many things at once and do the work in little bursts. For example I have been working on a trilogy of trilogies on and off for more than 6 months now, with no end in sight!

I have also been pretty lucky recently in that I am having a lot of ideas for new stuff... I hope I can keep it up! :P
User avatar
coborjobs2010
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: TX

Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:06 pm

CakesandComics wrote:
coborjobs2010 wrote:How long does it typically take you to finish a design? You're pumping out a lot of good quality stuff, its impressive
It depends. If I have an idea and I am driven it can take as little as a day... this Apes poster was just under a couple of days work, but then it is quite graphic and I had a very clear idea in my mind of how I wanted the ape and the flag to look so it flowed quite easily. If it was something more illustrated, like the GotG Star Wars I did recently, it can take a couple of weeks or more even. Often times I don't know how long a poster has taken because I work on so many things at once and do the work in little bursts. For example I have been working on a trilogy of trilogies on and off for more than 6 months now, with no end in sight!

I have also been pretty lucky recently in that I am having a lot of ideas for new stuff... I hope I can keep it up! :P
Well hey, no rush! You've got amazing stuff, and I'm excited for what is to come! Especially that "trilogy of trilogies" 8)
Image Image
Post Reply