[EB Member ART] Post your creations. Be a God.

General art-related discussion.
gshedron
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:11 am

who me?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:00 am

Yeah, you. Very Nice :D
jamesmartin
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Hoping to get this done this week.
Flimby

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:13 pm

some really quality work in here
don't forget you can submit your work to the database and truly be a god. or goddess.
gshedron, do prints of that. please and thank you. :)
kyle
Art Expert

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm

FelineFreckles - love the moon prints :clap:
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
felinefreckles
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 am

kyle wrote:FelineFreckles - love the moon prints :clap:
really appreciate it kyle :wink:

11x17 and $20 if anyone is interested
selassielion
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:33 pm

still playing with the typography on this, but should be ready to print it in the next few days...
Untitled-1.jpg
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
Buck
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 pm

SteveKai wrote:My latest mixed media sculptures, inspired by the work of Kuksi
"Execution of an Icon-Mickey Murdered Miley"
here's a link to a video of the piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV-lnuKsNF0

"A Deity Amongst Lunatics"
link to a video of the piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N8wL_saFU8
WOW!
Buck
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Finishing this up today.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 pm

IMG_0072.JPG
Every morning I awake as someone else.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:43 pm

IMG_0073.JPG
WalterSobchak wrote:
IMG_0072.JPG
I painting this for a friend because he bought me a ticket to burning man after I snapped my leg completely in half on his trampoline. Thought it was funny. It's 36 inches by 24 inches LALALALAlaaaaa...
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:Did a little bit of cleaning today and found a box full of goodies from my undergrad studies. Found two old prints as well. Good times.

The Pope was a test with halftones I believe. Just playing around. Did an edition of 8 on Rives BFK Tan. Rough size is 10 x 16 I think. 6 colors with an additional gloss varnish layer.

The Wonderbread was part of a series I did called Routine. Taking images and logos from daily life. 12 x 18.
:clap:

Oh the memories. :)
bjorn
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:22 pm

This is a large oil painting on masonite, the title is "In Spite Of It All".
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Nice work, everyone.

I am starting a new "game." It involves us (my wife and I) as the runners. This game serves a few purposes. One is to practice and stay sharp. Challenge ourselves. The other is to give back a bit to the community that has turned out to be super cool. The name of the game is the OG'ental Express. All aboard.

To qualify for a pass, all you have to do is be a contributing member who makes this place fun, welcoming, have good karma here etc. Which is to say a ton of you. Not trying to hook up people who have hooked me up or anything like that. Just overall good vibes with the community. I've really enjoyed the great folks here.

What it is is simple. Someone who meets those requirements AND happens to strike my creative fancy (this is huge) will receive a drawing (or maybe water color). If I see someone talking about something I am currently thinking about or am fond of at that moment... that sort of thing. This will be time permitting. This first one was way longer in the making than it was meant to be. Paying work, a death, taxes and a cold all struck in its time frame (in addition to a redo by the artist). So, maybe we get to one a month. Two if we are lucky.

If you get one and don't want it, no worries. We would be glad to keep it (again, something that we and you both love is what is chosen). It won't hurt our feelings.

First one is due to the guy talking about the property a lot literally the day I had revisited it and was thinking about it myself (he posted about it several times after that as well). He brought it up and I thought, "yeah, something like that would be cool." That requirement, plus all around good community dude... so BAM.

Wife did a bang up job with the illustration. 100% ink on bristol board. 9x12. The worst part from almost every aspect was the money (research and execution). Originally, I wanted just the exact dolls and currency from the film. Looked FOREVER to find the proper money. Turns out it was Mexican revolution currency and would not look so hot in an illustration. Changed to film elements, worked better. She also had a bit of trouble with Mitchum as he already looks like her style... weird angles and bags under the eyes. She found him difficult to translate.

Anyways, that's a long post. We look forward to doing this again soon (if there is interest, so please let me know, selection still random though).

Congrats (?), IronJaiden. If you want this OG The Night of the Hunter piece, it will be on its way soon. Just hit me up. :lol:

Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.