Grey Matter Art Appreciation & Release Thread

General art-related discussion.
KingMob
Art Enthusiast

Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:17 pm

fantasticninja wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:09 pm
*looks at the dozens of amazing things Trump did* yeah..those DARN Trump supporters..ugh..yeah..*looks at all the TERRIBLE AWFUL HORRIFIC things Biden and Harris have admitted to on tape* HAHA yeah..yeah...yyyyyyyeah...
Think it's time for your daily dose of horse paste, bubba.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:43 pm

FrankBooth wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:14 pm
fantasticninja wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:09 pm
*looks at the dozens of amazing things Trump did* yeah..those DARN Trump supporters..ugh..yeah..*looks at all the TERRIBLE AWFUL HORRIFIC things Biden and Harris have admitted to on tape* HAHA yeah..yeah...yyyyyyyeah...
There must be dozens of amazing things, dozens.
Well, "amazing" could be used in 2 different ways.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
darkninja1985
Art Enthusiast

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:45 pm

I finally got my Tyler Stout Halloween print... Just in time for Halloween!
New to the Movie Art Poster scene.

Drop it punk, dead or alive, you're coming with me - Robocop
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:23 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
darkninja1985
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:53 am

It came with a handbill too, did many others get one with theirs or was it just a selected amount?
New to the Movie Art Poster scene.

Drop it punk, dead or alive, you're coming with me - Robocop
seincat
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:26 pm

anyone still waiting on their x-men foil?
papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:21 pm

seincat wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:26 pm
anyone still waiting on their x-men foil?
just got shipping for it yesterday.
seincat
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:18 pm

I only see complaints about GMA on their social media channel now. Wonder why they just so dgaf and don't respond to any emails. They just straight up stealing money now hah..
ldiddy
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:55 am

I've had nothing but good cusomter service from GMA fwiw
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:21 am

Same. I must have been "lucky" to get my Halloween print many months ago. But it is odd a lot of people are still waiting 6 months for it. They must be brand new to the poster scene and are unaware how long it takes to get 2,500+ prints printed, and the process. And due to supply chain issues I wonder if that's a reason production has been stifles. Let's Go Brandon, Tara Reid deserves justice.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:29 am

yeah... Grey Matter has fallen off a major cliff over the last few years. they don't reply to most people reaching out with order inquiries. kinda like one of those bad commissioners who takes your money and when they finally finish paying off their other debts, ship your prints when you get on their ass. GMA botched shipping the Stout Halloween release and pretty sure in Tyler's interview posted online awhile back he said he was not going down that road again. I have to assume artists are staying away because basically anything GMA has released recently were Marvel assets. maybe they are having issues paying artists or not being responsive to them too? their business model used to be artists doing new work for Marvel and other limited license titles, but now it's seemingly all Marvel asset releases.

oh, and all their social media posts with like 5-6k interactions are all purchased interactions from click farms. check out the shared, likes or comments, and you'll see what I'm talking about. either that or they are the biggest thing going on in Mexico City right now.
seincat
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:51 pm

the doctor strange by Ramos print job was so bad. It looked like a low res picture IMO.
seincat
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:54 pm

how is the print job on this one, i was afraid to purchase it due to it being GMA and the last Ramos dr strange print job was soo blurry
fantasticninja wrote:
Same. I must have been "lucky" to get my Halloween print many months ago. But it is odd a lot of people are still waiting 6 months for it. They must be brand new to the poster scene and are unaware how long it takes to get 2,500+ prints printed, and the process. And due to supply chain issues I wonder if that's a reason production has been stifles. Let's Go Brandon, Tara Reid deserves justice.
luderico
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:36 am

cotis wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:29 am
yeah... Grey Matter has fallen off a major cliff over the last few years. they don't reply to most people reaching out with order inquiries. kinda like one of those bad commissioners who takes your money and when they finally finish paying off their other debts, ship your prints when you get on their ass. GMA botched shipping the Stout Halloween release and pretty sure in Tyler's interview posted online awhile back he said he was not going down that road again. I have to assume artists are staying away because basically anything GMA has released recently were Marvel assets. maybe they are having issues paying artists or not being responsive to them too? their business model used to be artists doing new work for Marvel and other limited license titles, but now it's seemingly all Marvel asset releases.

oh, and all their social media posts with like 5-6k interactions are all purchased interactions from click farms. check out the shared, likes or comments, and you'll see what I'm talking about. either that or they are the biggest thing going on in Mexico City right now.
Yeah GMA is the worst. They shipped my Stout Halloween, got stuck at customs for whatever reason and then was send back to them.
They replied to my mails just until PayPal buyer protection expired.
Haven't heard from them back since.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:55 am

seincat wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:54 pm
how is the print job on this one, i was afraid to purchase it due to it being GMA and the last Ramos dr strange print job was soo blurry
fantasticninja wrote:
It's great, nothing wrong with it at all.