Banksy x BNE

General art-related discussion.
BullysonZX10r
Art Enthusiast

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:54 pm

The PB Banksy forum isn't even going this crazy.

I still have hope... I mean, why would someone on the internet lie?
nsd
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 pm

phubar2 wrote:
nsd wrote:I hope it is real. I bought one. If it is not, oh well. I'll file a complaint and collect the refund.

It would be so simple to put it to bed with ONE SENTENCE.

ie: "Banksy is not, has not, and will not be involved in any way, including shirts, with BNE or this project."

Instead of stopping the experiment, threatening action or denouncing it all together, they forward articles and leave statements open for interpretation. The charity itself has not spoken out against it either. We aren't needing to grasp for straws yet.

You mean this sentence?

http://banksy.co.uk/
Yes
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
phubar2
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Poeschel55 wrote:
phubar2 wrote:
nsd wrote:I hope it is real. I bought one. If it is not, oh well. I'll file a complaint and collect the refund.

It would be so simple to put it to bed with ONE SENTENCE.

ie: "Banksy is not, has not, and will not be involved in any way, including shirts, with BNE or this project."

Instead of stopping the experiment, threatening action or denouncing it all together, they forward articles and leave statements open for interpretation. The charity itself has not spoken out against it either. We aren't needing to grasp for straws yet.

You mean this sentence?

http://banksy.co.uk/
well that sentence doesnt cover present and future tenses...come on now
And it doesn't have proper punctuation.

Strike it from the record!
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:58 pm

phubar2 wrote:Strike it from the record!
Let us have our fun. Shouldn't you be camping in front of mondo right now for the next series of failips?
PLUSH
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:59 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Let us have our fun. Shouldn't you be camping in front of mondo right now for the next series of failips?
That is next month
kotopa4
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:00 pm

danieldanger wrote:dont get me wrong, i like the banksy street stuff, its clever and impressivly done, but this print racket is kinda ridiculous.
phubar2
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:00 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Did you have to take down your ebay auction when the news broke that it's a scam?
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:01 pm

phubar2 wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Did you have to take down your ebay auction when the news broke that it's a scam?
Wait, are you talking about Mondo?
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm talkin'bout Shaft
That's what she said
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:14 pm

finneganm wrote:I'm talkin'bout Shaft
Ya damn right.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:21 pm

disdig1 wrote:
DickButt wrote:
Jumpstreet wrote:That sale was 100% legit. :shock: apparently this still might be a Banksy and this is another prank :shock:
Why would someone spend $600 on a shirt?
I thought you were leading the charge for refunds in the AM?
dude can never make up his mind.
he was also offering it up for cost but then tried to talk you out of it when you PM'ed :?
mmmm Beer :pint:
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:22 pm

those Europeans have always been known for their cutting edge senses of humour, just saying.
ImageT.K.C.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:29 pm

interesting take on the proboards.
"I'm not going to speculate what the f**k is going on here, but before this evening's events unfolded alarm bells were ringing at Mahogany Towers, set off by facts rather than conjecture...

First up was BNE's statement that this was "the first and last time that he (Banksy) will ever do a t-shirt", when he's actually done quite a few. Some, such as 'Hated By The Daily Mail', 'Tagger Scum', and 'Suicide Bombers Just Need A Hug' may not have been officially announced as by him, but others like Puma's 'Turf War', Griffin Laundry's 'Wrong War', and Wall Of Sound's 'Sizla' were undeniably 'official'.

Secondly, BNE has previous form for being a complete t**t. You'll have to dig deep to find out what, as much of it goes back a way, but it's there.

And finally (although this is subjective) I don't believe Banksy would donate anything to an organisation that profited from its charitable efforts - the statement '100% of profits goes to charity' means little or nothing without a clear and transparent breakdown of 'administration' costs, something almost all charities set out to define these days, see the very worthy www.sightsavers.org.uk/ for example - and neither would I."
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
BullysonZX10r
Art Enthusiast

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:36 pm

guerilladubber wrote:interesting take on the proboards.
"I'm not going to speculate what the f**k is going on here, but before this evening's events unfolded alarm bells were ringing at Mahogany Towers, set off by facts rather than conjecture...

First up was BNE's statement that this was "the first and last time that he (Banksy) will ever do a t-shirt", when he's actually done quite a few. Some, such as 'Hated By The Daily Mail', 'Tagger Scum', and 'Suicide Bombers Just Need A Hug' may not have been officially announced as by him, but others like Puma's 'Turf War', Griffin Laundry's 'Wrong War', and Wall Of Sound's 'Sizla' were undeniably 'official'.

Secondly, BNE has previous form for being a complete t**t. You'll have to dig deep to find out what, as much of it goes back a way, but it's there.

And finally (although this is subjective) I don't believe Banksy would donate anything to an organisation that profited from its charitable efforts - the statement '100% of profits goes to charity' means little or nothing without a clear and transparent breakdown of 'administration' costs, something almost all charities set out to define these days, see the very worthy http://www.sightsavers.org.uk/ for example - and neither would I."

I'm not supporting BNE in this one, but just mentioning the logic behind his "$35,000 donated to charity" posts.

He said that the cost of these tee shirts would be about $10 each. 500 of them at $10 would cost $5,000. The price of the shirt was $80, 80x500 = $40,000

$40,000 - raw shirt cost of $5,000 = $35,000 donated to charity.

So basically the math checks out if Banksy was demanding 100% of profit being donated to charity.

With all that being said, on IG BNE is now saying that the wording didn't mention Banksy, which it didn't... but there are several IG posts with Banksy involved, as well as the entrance to BNE.org having "Banksy" included, and the shop page also having the Banksy tag. So... BNE is starting to grasp at branches, which is disappointed.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:41 am

Jesus christ. I don't know what to think now. Artists and charities are shady, most of us are naive, best hoax ever, it all makes sense and nothing makes sense all at the same time. I'm living in the bizzaro world.
ImageT.K.C.