Banksy x BNE

General art-related discussion.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 pm

jamesmassey1988 wrote:
Noah0189 wrote:I've received order confirmation. This fudge storm alone is worth the money.
It was fun without spending $92 aswell...
BetterCallSaul wrote:I'm still believing its real. I think its a double bluff, social experiment type thing. Time will tell...
Good on you, pal.
dsanacore wrote:I find it extremely entertaining how badly everyone on EB is trying to convince themselves that they didn't get hosed.
THIS.

Best Thread Ever!!
I don't know what I'm loving more....
The people who may have gotten duped into a overpriced tshirt but who are coming up with scenarios that make you hold out hope that it is a real Banksy tshirt. OR the haters, who probably wouldn't hate on fellow members getting duped but hate on it just in case it turns out to be real Banksy tshirt.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 pm

THIS IS RED ROCKS.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
prettyfngood
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:36 pm

EG8 wrote:And WTF does this post mean?!!
Q: "tofer @bnedotorg thanks! Also is that article on AnimalNewYork accurate? They are saying Banksy's pr says he is not involved. Just a bit confused."

A: "bnedotorg @tofer yes"

Yes confused or yes he is not involved?
Good luck with future fundraising, also I do not think a charity in the US could operate this way. There are going to be repercussions if this was a scam.
Very Illegal...
Not to mention the Class Action lawsuit, bitches! :pint:
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:37 pm

I changed my comment from "hosed" to "you're all delusional" so I dunno why everyone is fixated on that one word.

I bought one too, don't get me wrong. But some of you are seriously grasping at straws.

Also, this class action lawsuit talk is hilarious. Some lawyers up in hur!
Image Image
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:39 pm

"No refunds or exchanges"

"We are encouraging refunds!"
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:39 pm

DickButt wrote:"No refunds or exchanges"

"We are encouraging refunds!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image
choke
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:41 pm

I agree that everyone should get your refunds in ASAP. Its for your own good.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:42 pm

choke wrote:I agree that everyone should get your refunds in ASAP. Its for your own good.
probably good advice
Jumpstreet
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

disdig1 wrote:
DickButt wrote:
Jumpstreet wrote:That sale was 100% legit. :shock: apparently this still might be a Banksy and this is another prank :shock:
Why would someone spend $600 on a shirt?
I thought you were leading the charge for refunds in the AM?
dude can never make up his mind.
I just said it sold for $600. It's also gonna be a print 8)
nsd
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:47 pm

I hope it is real. I bought one. If it is not, oh well. I'll file a complaint and collect the refund.

It would be so simple to put it to bed with ONE SENTENCE.

ie: "Banksy is not, has not, and will not be involved in any way, including shirts, with BNE or this project."

Instead of stopping the experiment, threatening action or denouncing it all together, they forward articles and leave statements open for interpretation. The charity itself has not spoken out against it either. We aren't needing to grasp for straws yet.
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:49 pm

nsd wrote:I hope it is real. I bought one. If it is not, oh well. I'll file a complaint and collect the refund.

ie: "Banksy is not, has not, and will not be involved in any way, including shirts, with BNE or this project."

Instead of stopping the experiment, threatening action or denouncing it all together, they forward articles and leave statements open for interpretation. The charity itself has not spoken out against it either. We aren't needing to grasp for straws yet.
I'll have what he's having.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:50 pm

bryndavies wrote:Calling sixstringer, heyyyyyoooooo, calling sixstringer!!!!!!

Again, we need to get at least one print out of this.
ImageT.K.C.
phubar2
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 pm

nsd wrote:I hope it is real. I bought one. If it is not, oh well. I'll file a complaint and collect the refund.

You mean this sentence?

http://banksy.co.uk/
NashArt83
Art Enthusiast

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 pm

I just can't believe this kept me from enjoying basketball all day...

Someone who has filed a claim needs to post their dispute language for all EB'ers to use for Paypal in case someone wants a refund. Seems like that would save time trying to explain something that a bunch of others have already explained (and show consistency of "victims")...
Poeschel55

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:53 pm

phubar2 wrote:

You mean this sentence?

http://banksy.co.uk/
well that sentence doesnt cover present and future tenses...come on now