Banksy x BNE

General art-related discussion.
Petro
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:36 pm

lazk wrote:
ToAsTnYc wrote:I wonder if the $320 dollar shirts aren't to pay for a lawyer....maybe he's trying to raise funds to hire banksy to do a shirt. Kidding...but crazier things have happened.

Honestly....I see the t2 shirts as this

BNE: Hey Stephany....how many refunds have we been asked for?

Stephany: 100 why?

BNE: Where's my calculator, I need to figure out what to charge for those shirts so I don't have to foot the charity bill.

BTW what I believe is her instagram acct went private too.
Who is Stephany? I assume the one girl working with this marvelous BEN character. Innocent victim or in on it?

Stephany Won is the Director of BNE Organics. She is also the person who filed the LLC. She is on FB, IG, etc.
ToAsTnYc
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Yeah....but I'm guessing shes not an employee. It's his wife/girlfriend is my guess.
danklax5
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:40 pm

lazk wrote:
ToAsTnYc wrote:I wonder if the $320 dollar shirts aren't to pay for a lawyer....maybe he's trying to raise funds to hire banksy to do a shirt. Kidding...but crazier things have happened.

Honestly....I see the t2 shirts as this

BNE: Hey Stephany....how many refunds have we been asked for?

Stephany: 100 why?

BNE: Where's my calculator, I need to figure out what to charge for those shirts so I don't have to foot the charity bill.

BTW what I believe is her instagram acct went private too.
Who is Stephany? I assume the one girl working with this marvelous BEN character. Innocent victim or in on it?
http://www.bizapedia.com/people/STEPHANY-WON.html
Image T.K.C.
jACKTWO
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 pm

I think Blek le Rat will come and save the day, and steal Banksy's thunder....

or maybe Robbo?
slevin
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:09 pm

zhd wrote:Actually trusted this BNE guy based on things I'd heard. Appearances can be deceiving.

haha nice job. Would love to take a print :P
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Pretty sure what we have here is a classic case of Einhorn is Finkle and Finkle is Einhorn.
ImageT.K.C.
Petro
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Part two:
http://m.animalnewyork.com/2014/bne-tre ... y-fallout/

"Paul Young, spokesperson for the respected charity wrote that “we have heard some claims that this money has been raised in a fraudulent manner.” He later added, “legal counsel was involved,” and that the situation was an “incredibly upsetting” note to end World Water Day on.

For his part, BNE attested that he had received notices threatening legal action from charity:water; and in a move that further unnerved him, Pay Pal has frozen his account. Despite this BNE has told us unequivocally that he is refunding the entire sold-out run of 500 t-shirts, which sold for $80 each, whether customers ask for their money back or not."
lazk
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Petro wrote:Part two:

"Paul Young, spokesperson for the respected charity wrote that “we have heard some claims that this money has been raised in a fraudulent manner.” He later added, “legal counsel was involved,” and that the situation was an “incredibly upsetting” note to end World Water Day on.

For his part, BNE attested that he had received notices threatening legal action from charity:water; and in a move that further unnerved him, Pay Pal has frozen his account. Despite this BNE has told us unequivocally that he is refunding the entire sold-out run of 500 t-shirts, which sold for $80 each, whether customers ask for their money back or not."

I do not think he was going to refund anything, BUT I used my CC (no paypal account) and the temporary charge went away today. So do we get a free shirt? I kid, I kid. G-R-E-E-D.

I wish someone could get the actual dollar amount in that paypal account. Only curious because I know he sold a TON of shirts in all these sales. Wonder what his cut would have been for this sincere set-up?
T.K.C.
danklax5
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Petro wrote:Part two:

What a fluff piece for two people with a history that hate each other soo much.
Image T.K.C.
knoodleknocker
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:22 pm

for what its worth i still think it's a d*ck move by team banksy / pest control for a) not quashing this before it happened as we know they were aware it was going down at least a day before the drop and b) in the wake of the sh*Tstorm and amid all these duped customers & allegations of fraud & criminality levelled against BNE, he's STILL just keeping that ONE ambiguous sentence on his site.

Faile and Shep have waded in and at least reassured the customers who in the wake of this were questioning the legitimacy of their collab shirts & that's how it should be done.

Banksy has a publicist - this sort of thing is what they're for ffs! In light of the new Animal article (which plugs his future endeavours?), BNE's still being a shady douche and you can still email the site?
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:25 pm

BNE *something something something* better in than out. HIYOOOOOOOO. Image
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
bkboy77
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:38 pm

So to sum up, BNE is a scammer... Faile, Invader and Shep supports Charity Water... Banksy does not want people in 3rd world countries to get access to clean water and collectors will pay crazy money for a Banksy collab dildo.
Last edited by bkboy77 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:38 pm

BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:40 pm

bnedotorg:

Apologies for the confusion. The fact that most of you are sticking around and not claiming refunds is inspiring, thanks for all the encouraging emails. If you would like a refund, please claim one directly throught paypal and not through email or here on IG. I like speaking with all of you, but the story is not being clearly communicated through a bunch of individual comments. Full story and tee relaunch will be posted on BNE.org soon. In addition to dealing with a flood of email and a mountain of unexpected work, I have a sociopathic person from my past who originally reported this as a scam on his website, trying to do everything he can, to ruin our business and my life, for personal reasons. This was never a scam and was all about the cause, which sadly has been lost for the most part. To be clear, I do know banksy and thought all was good, it may work out, but until further notice, This was not, and is not a banksy tee. My comment about a "social experiment" was taken the wrong way, it turned into one after the launch, it wasn't planned. What I meant is that over the next 2 months, the people's reaction will determine whether or not I choose to continue trying to save the world. More soon....
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:43 pm

bnedotorg wrote:it may work out
He needs to not say things like this, unless he's sure. Especially after all that's transpired.