graffitistreet.com would like to hear from YOU!

General art-related discussion.
graffitistreet
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:29 am

Hi all!

Here at GraffitiStreet HQ we are working very hard on our BIG launch event in June and are taking a very fresh approach as we want to shake up things a bit. We don't just want to be ANOTHER online urban store/gallery, as some of you have so bluntly put it .... and rightfully so ....

We have listened to your comments made in our introduction thread and taken note but we would like to take this one step further by asking YOU the following question:

What do you believe are the most important thing(s) you expect from an online urban art store/gallery?

We welcome YOUR comments as we value YOUR OPINION(S) and will be taking those in consideration!

Rosh & Donna / http://www.GraffitiStreet.com
whl10
Art Expert

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 am

Well one small thing that will go a long way is make sure you know how to properly PACk the prints that you sell, use strong tubes and materials.

There are some galleries with great line ups who can't ship and suck at customer service at which point what's good does a good set of artist do ya ( looking at you underdogs )
graffitistreet
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 am

whl10 wrote:Well one small thing that will go a long way is make sure you know how to properly PACk the prints that you sell, use strong tubes and materials.

There are some galleries with great line ups who can't ship and suck at customer service at which point what's good does a good set of artist do ya ( looking at you underdogs )

Thanks for your comment whl10 and taking the time to post!

We strongly agree there with you - packaging and customer service are very important!

We will be taking those comments on board!

Rosh / GraffitiStreet
PaDa1
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 am

My input :-)

- a transparent communication on run size, release way and time, etc;
- think about people in Asia when choosing your release time (i tend to believe afternoon GMT is good for everyone): i spend most of my nights refreshing pages, it's really not fun anymore;
- packaging is indeed very important: undamaged print is a win-win situation for both customer and gallery;
- additional stickers is always nice to find in a tube :-)
- go for screen printing and avoid giclee at best: i like feeling that my paper has been handled with Love by both printer and artists;
- don't get crazy on price, don't try to beat the flippers by aligning your rates to what they propose for an artist;
mrkyuss
Art God

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:35 am

Got any JBoy prints?
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
graffitistreet
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:44 am

PaDa1 wrote:My input :-)

- a transparent communication on run size, release way and time, etc;
- think about people in Asia when choosing your release time (i tend to believe afternoon GMT is good for everyone): i spend most of my nights refreshing pages, it's really not fun anymore;
- packaging is indeed very important: undamaged print is a win-win situation for both customer and gallery;
- additional stickers is always nice to find in a tube :-)
- go for screen printing and avoid giclee at best: i like feeling that my paper has been handled with Love by both printer and artists;
- don't get crazy on price, don't try to beat the flippers by aligning your rates to what they propose for an artist;
Hi PaDa1,

You've really given this some thought!

Some great comments there of which we also strongly agree with here at the GraffiStreet HQ!

Thanks for giving us a better insight into the release time inconveniences you have had from your experience as that gives us a better insight into it all as we want to try our best to release our limited edition prints and canvasses at a time that is convenient and fair to everyone.

Kind regards,

Rosh & Donna / GraffitiStreet
EG8
Art Expert

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:52 am

Just don't do this (movie on home page, crazy pricing)
http://www.printthemall.com/
Image Image Image
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:53 am

I'm not big on the movie on the homepage, but the rest is fine.
graffitistreet
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:17 am

EG8 wrote:Just don't do this (movie on home page, crazy pricing)
http://www.printthemall.com/

We won't have a video on our home page, it's not ideal for people's bandwidth and can be a bit of a nuisance.

Will have a look at their pricing out of pure interest, but our mission is to provide affordable high quality art.

Thanks for your comments!

Regards,

Rosh
PLUSH
Art Expert

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:40 am

A Banksy for everyone. :clap:
soam24
Art Freak

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:53 am

Clear knowledge of print run, size and cost.
Packing them like a boss. Amazing how many "galleries" can't pack a print to save their life.

Are you going to have a cart system or paypal?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:56 am

soam24 wrote: Amazing how many "galleries" can't pack a print to save their life.
this.

especially in Europe/UK. seems like everyone thinks tissue paper is enough to protect a print traveling across the pond.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
graffitistreet
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:01 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
soam24 wrote: Amazing how many "galleries" can't pack a print to save their life.
this.

especially in Europe/UK. seems like everyone thinks tissue paper is enough to protect a print traveling across the pond.
Thanks for your comment.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this?

What's the ideal packaging in your view?

Kind regards,

Rosh / GraffitiStreet
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:07 am

Minimum - kraft paper + strong* tube.

*Stronger than you think.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
soam24
Art Freak

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:08 am

graffitistreet wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
this.

Thanks for your comment.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this?

What's the ideal packaging in your view?

Kind regards,

Rosh / GraffitiStreet
First, sturdy tube.

Kraft paper cut to length to the end of the tube so it can't slide.
Print laid on there with tissue paper on top of the print.
Rolled so its slightly smaller than the tube.
taped then so it can't open up once in the tube.
a thing of bubble wrap around the middle of the tube taped (just incase).

Can provide pictures of this method if need be.