That Kid Who Draws! The Art of Alexander Iaccarino

General art-related discussion.
demetrios
Art Expert

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:10 pm

acidburn wrote:Monday I will figure out who has subs and what not.

Off the bat you get 3 prints from this show from us so once those come in they go out.
I think it's just 2 for those who bought his "anime series 2 print subscription" because from his anime sub email I received the other night from him he only mentions Death Note & Trigun.

"As a 2014 anime sub I've got some good news! I'm taking part in a show at Bottleneck Gallery this weekend which debuts the next two anime prints in the series! Linked is a preview of DEATH NOTE and TRIGUN!"

I'm guessing those who have bought his "full subscription" sub, will receive the Akira variant. Akira variant being his gallery show print. Can't remember if those who bought his 1st anime series received a regular edition Akira.

http://www.thatkidwhodraws.com/subscriptions.html
demetrios
Art Expert

Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:57 am

http://www.thatkidwhodraws.com/index.html

"Kira" Poster Print
Giclee available Saturday June 14th 12pm EST @ http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/

Trigun Screenprint
5 color screenprint available Saturday June 14th 12pm EST @ http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/
suss
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:46 am

After this exhibition I hope Alex takes some time to take stock from previous errors and issues and take action on them.

I can't take anyone seriously who doesn't have the professional courtesy that's required when receiving money for product, regardless of what's being sold.

He wasn't in hospital, he didn't have a power outage, his emails didn't get hacked. Nothing that might normally cause a 5 month delay in contacting your customers happened.

I completely understand he had printer issues, but this wasn't communicated to his customers. I had to hunt down a facebook page to see updates, i don't want to have to stalk someone on social media to see what's happening.

He had every opportunity and ability to contact everyone via the email address used with PayPal but didn't after 5 months. That's disgusting.

But on top of that sending incorrect product to people is just insulting. You wouldn't accept this in any other marketplace so why should I now?
jjdungca
Art Expert

Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:57 am

I am glad I get to add his Akira piece to my collection!

On a side note, been thinking that since he is really into anime, he should tackle Afro Samurai! Not even sure if that is considered Anime or if it's even that popular but I love the movies!
Last edited by jjdungca on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:58 am

suss wrote:After this exhibition I hope Alex takes some time to take stock from previous errors and issues and take action on them.

I can't take anyone seriously who doesn't have the professional courtesy that's required when receiving money for product, regardless of what's being sold.

He wasn't in hospital, he didn't have a power outage, his emails didn't get hacked. Nothing that might normally cause a 5 month delay in contacting your customers happened.

I completely understand he had printer issues, but this wasn't communicated to his customers. I had to hunt down a facebook page to see updates, i don't want to have to stalk someone on social media to see what's happening.

He had every opportunity and ability to contact everyone via the email address used with PayPal but didn't after 5 months. That's disgusting.

But on top of that sending incorrect product to people is just insulting. You wouldn't accept this in any other marketplace so why should I now?
Please read the previous page
suss
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:33 am

acidburn wrote:
The previous page makes clear any future artwork sold will be handled by Bottleneck Gallery, which is great.

It doesn't tackle previous issues. If the guy couldn't give two $hit$ about his customers, it doesn't matter where you're buying from. I'm not the only person who shares this sentiment.

It needs to be seen so other people get the full picture. Transparency works wonders.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:11 am

suss wrote:
acidburn wrote:
The previous page makes clear any future artwork sold will be handled by Bottleneck Gallery, which is great.

It doesn't tackle previous issues. If the guy couldn't give two $hit$ about his customers, it doesn't matter where you're buying from. I'm not the only person who shares this sentiment.

It needs to be seen so other people get the full picture. Transparency works wonders.
In all honesty, some people are good at customer service and some arent.

Thats basically it.

Alex is extremely talented and seeing posts like the one you posted, which are 100% fair, I had to step in and do something. Once I get all the subs taken care of, people will get high quality posters on time.
demetrios
Art Expert

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:23 am

I would totally love to see a Steamboy or Metropolis anime print done by Alexander.
I haven't seen anyone attempt on making any prints for these 2 awesome films.

Get it done!!!! :-P

ps .. sale over @ http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/ in under 37 minutes!!
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Leftovers from Bottleneck are now UP!

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collec ... ous-mayhem
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
cthang
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm still hoping for a Berserk poster some day...
furycat
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:40 pm

whoa berserkk !!!
print with blood & gory +1 on that
demetrios
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:37 pm

https://www.facebook.com/tkwdart?fref=nf
@That Kid Who Draws

A lot has been happening these last months. Thank you everyone who supported the show at Bottleneck Gallery! Especially the gallery itself. From this point on Bottleneck Gallery will be doing me a great service by handling all orders/shipping. I had some issues with the worthless orders email (never use Homestead/Zimbra client) I've also doubled my workload (mostly client stuff) preparing for a move to Austin, TX in August. It's been overwhelming to say the least so I feel enlisting their assistance is a win for everyone. That's right, this fall we are headin' down south so that my girlfriend can continue her education in art therapy. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you while taking part in the creative community. If you're in the Austin area, I'll sign your print if ya buy me a coffee.

:)
demetrios
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Am I the only one that hasn't received their variant Ghost In The Shell print? :-|
prevone
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:17 pm

demetrios wrote:Am I the only one that hasn't received their variant Ghost In The Shell print? :-|
Sigh, still waiting on mine... :hanging:
suss
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:32 pm

I received a Reg instead, but after pestering him on email about sending it back he eventually just refunded me the whole cost of the variant and told me to keep the reg. Which was nice of him, but I'm guessing he just wants this fiasco over.