Hero Complex Gallery News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2016 11:11 am

So......what you guys are saying is....you want HCG to become more popular and thus making it harder for you to get decent prints....and have the headache of the drops and the aftermarket.......is that what you are saying?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2016 11:18 am

Whether you want to admit it or not, it's more fun to own something everyone else wants 8)
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri May 20, 2016 11:31 am

If only HCG were as successful as Mondo, they would be as successful as Mondo.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2016 11:40 am

If you think this poster hasn't sold out just because it's not on Mondo, clearly you're missing a few things. Number one, it's not a great property. Number two, it's not a great image. HCG has proven they can sell out a print in seconds. See Tyler Stout's Ultron. There's no word of mouth on this one because people just aren't into the poster. If they were, people would know about it.
ImageImage
LadyGanglia
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 20, 2016 11:41 am

noeldaddy wrote:If you think this poster hasn't sold out just because it's not on Mondo, clearly you're missing a few things. Number one, it's not a great property. Number two, it's not a great image. HCG has proven they can sell out a print in seconds. See Tyler Stout's Ultron. There's no word of mouth on this one because people just aren't into the poster. If they were, people would know about it.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2016 12:18 pm

I keep looking at it and looking at it, and finally just pulled the trigger. I loved the orange of the variant, but I am really interested to see the metallics on the reg.

I have a feeling this might be one people will regret skipping down the line . . . #selfhype? :D
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2016 12:33 pm

35mmpaul wrote:So......what you guys are saying is....you want HCG to become more popular and thus making it harder for you to get decent prints....and have the headache of the drops and the aftermarket.......is that what you are saying?
Not at all. Just sayin people go crazier over Mondo stuff more than HCG, even if it's not better. Simply because it's Mondo, and they think there's a better chance of a flip there.
noeldaddy wrote:If you think this poster hasn't sold out just because it's not on Mondo, clearly you're missing a few things. Number one, it's not a great property. Number two, it's not a great image. HCG has proven they can sell out a print in seconds. See Tyler Stout's Ultron. There's no word of mouth on this one because people just aren't into the poster. If they were, people would know about it.
ONE: Still haven't seen it yet, so i can't argue with you there.

TWO: The images are great (Vance & Tobin anyway). They're drymountin creepy, and if i'm not mistaken, isn't that what the movie is about? Or tries to be anyway? Not to mention, with how hot Tobin is gettin, everyone's droolin over his stuff it seems. So, Mondo Tobin = sellout Tobin.

THREE: Aka, Mondo's biggest artist...
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2016 12:34 pm

So as it turns out I was looking at the wrong poster. Silly me. I'm going to post a fitting emoji now :oops:
Carry on. His VVitch is pretty awesome
ImageImage
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2016 12:36 pm

I honestly could not figure out why so many people were into it. I won't say what poster I was looking at but let's just say it wasn't the VVitch and let's just say I'm an idiot and leave it at that
ImageImage
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Fri May 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Kramerica wrote:If only HCG were as successful as Mondo
NEVER
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2016 2:13 pm

noeldaddy wrote:I honestly could not figure out why so many people were into it. I won't say what poster I was looking at but let's just say it wasn't the VVitch and let's just say I'm an idiot and leave it at that
:lol: Ya, all 3 are pretty strong imo and even if the property isn't huge and is also pretty polarizing, it would, in all likelihood, sell out had Mondo released it.

You can't really use Stout Ultron as an example either (although I know HCG and others sell out of posters for stuff all the time, but not with the same frequency as the big M). It's Stout. How many Stouts haven't sold out? :P

I'd be all over the Vance Kelly if I didn't have a stack of paper already piled up...
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:42 pm

This little guy showed up today!
rar.jpg
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:48 pm

Umm I believe thats a clever girl ;-)

ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:52 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Umm I believe thats a clever girl ;-)

Good point, all the dinosaurs were girls. duh, i am a not so clever boy
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:09 am

*if it is a jurassic park velociraptor