Hero Complex Gallery News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:57 pm

hax0n wrote:Is Roman doing fulfillment for HCG now?
I hear they are partnering to start a PR firm.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
hax0n
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Kramerica wrote:
hax0n wrote:Is Roman doing fulfillment for HCG now?
I hear they are partnering to start a PR firm.
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 pm

Am I thinking of something else, or would this be the second time they've sold something at a convention before shipping it to prepaid customers?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
hax0n
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:29 pm

KSUvet wrote:Am I thinking of something else, or would this be the second time they've sold something at a convention before shipping it to prepaid customers?
Was it a stout? I think it was a stout.
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:34 pm

well that was because they were waiting on the clap for the elite edition.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:35 pm

adamsmasher wrote:we could have shipped these before wondercon, but not with the bonus prints, so that would've created an entirely new tirade.

i'll tell you this though, we'd had our hands tied on this from the outset, and all you've collectively done is whine like a bunch of school children, so you can guess how i feel about that.
That's kind of a weird stance to have as a business. I mean it's not like you're doing these guys a favor. They paid you. It's a transaction you're fulfilling. Not a solid you did your bro, who's now bitching because you got "issues" and can't ship it right away. Extenuating circumstances are a reality and people are understanding when you are completely transparent and do a good job of communicating things. To say your patrons are "whining" because they simply want what's due them, and they're not a "true supporter" if they don't fall in line, is vexing.
So it goes...
DickButt
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:50 pm

mfaith wrote:
adamsmasher wrote:we could have shipped these before wondercon, but not with the bonus prints, so that would've created an entirely new tirade.

i'll tell you this though, we'd had our hands tied on this from the outset, and all you've collectively done is whine like a bunch of school children, so you can guess how i feel about that.
That's kind of a weird stance to have as a business. I mean it's not like you're doing these guys a favor. They paid you. It's a transaction you're fulfilling. Not a solid you did your bro, who's now bitching because you got "issues" and can't ship it right away. Extenuating circumstances are a reality and people are understanding when you are completely transparent and do a good job of communicating things. To say your patrons are "whining" because they simply want what's due them, and they're not a "true supporter" if they don't fall in line, is vexing.
"True supporters" understand because they're friends and Adam has most likely told them everything he can't/won't say publicly.

The main issue Adam has is his lack of transparency about the situation. From what I gather based on a PM he sent me (which I can't reply to since he has them disabled), I am assuming this has not been the easiest collaboration and that it has involved a lot of sitting around and waiting on their end. Which is fine, and probably frustrating for them. But, if you as a company make the conscious decision to not be forthcoming with your customers and keep them in the dark because of your relationship with the artist, then you should expect every frustration your customers give you. Saying "you don't fully understand" is totally true, but only because you make it so. We only know as much as you're willing to share and if you're not willing to share anything at all, then it comes off as dismissive and uncaring, regardless of what the "truth" might be.

My suggestion, aside from taking a class on customer service, is to never do this sort of pre-buy blind item thing again. There is no benefit whatsoever and it only leads to frustrations.
RCP13
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:52 pm

KSUvet wrote:Am I thinking of something else, or would this be the second time they've sold something at a convention before shipping it to prepaid customers?
You may be thinking of the last Drake mystery print, Batman. They were being sold at a con before shipping out to those that bought it from them online much earlier. A nice freebie was also included though.
CH4UNCY
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:53 pm

UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:02 am

Things are gettin a little too spicy for the pepper.

And you can put that frog in the casserole.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:18 am

UrsusMorris wrote:Things are gettin a little too spicy for the pepper.

I think you're looking for the Bottleneck thread. pretty sure that was full of 'whats your favourite hot sauce' a day or two ago. We seem to be on track.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:25 am

ajmmck wrote:

I think you're looking for the Bottleneck thread. pretty sure that was full of 'whats your favourite hot sauce' a day or two ago. We seem to be on track.
I can't really do hot sauce anymore. Used to, but man i start sweating terribly nowadays. Especially under my eyes and along my hairline. Before old age, i used to put tabasco, Frank's Red Hot, and/or sriracha on most things.
So it goes...
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:27 am

HCG thread = hostility

BNG thread = hot sauce

Mondo thread = Valentine's Day

I'm glad these forums are helpful haha

Oh, and i drymounting DESPISE tobasco sauce, or louisianna sauce. They smell turrible.
Last edited by UrsusMorris on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:28 am

mfaith wrote:
ajmmck wrote:

I can't really do hot sauce anymore. Used to, but man i start sweating terribly nowadays. Especially under my eyes and along my hairline. Before old age, i used to put tabasco, Frank's Red Hot, and/or sriracha on most things.
Haha and here we are, back to the pressing issues of the poster world - Hotsauce!
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:28 am

UrsusMorris wrote:HCG thread = hostility

BNG thread = hot sauce

Mondo thread = Valentine's Day

I'm glad these forums are helpful haha

Oh, and i drymounting DESPISE tobasco sauce, or louisianna sauce. They smell turrible.
I miss the OCE thread...