Hero Complex Gallery News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
TheSub
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Really amazing to see HCG get the rights to Bruce Willis's likeness when everyone else is having such a hard time.
User avatar
Amisch
Art Expert
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:44 pm

How do those drake 1/1s work? Are there a limited quantity of them to be sold? It doesn't have a number amount that they are doing.
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3527
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:47 pm

ihaveabadmonkey wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:Harder to resist 5 months ago. I probably could have today.
I just went through my Paypal to see when I bought the left facing foil print from the show.... May 23rd
Now do you think you'll get the prints before people who are buying them right now?
User avatar
ihaveabadmonkey
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:15 am
Location: Long Island,New York

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:51 pm

dskdaniel wrote:
ihaveabadmonkey wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:Harder to resist 5 months ago. I probably could have today.
I just went through my Paypal to see when I bought the left facing foil print from the show.... May 23rd
Now do you think you'll get the prints before people who are buying them right now?
It's been so long since I've paid, I'm just thinking of it as a free print now. When it gets here, it gets here.
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8620
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:59 pm

dskdaniel wrote:
ihaveabadmonkey wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:Harder to resist 5 months ago. I probably could have today.
I just went through my Paypal to see when I bought the left facing foil print from the show.... May 23rd
Now do you think you'll get the prints before people who are buying them right now?
:cry: kinda true, ive been waiting forever
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
Rhymnoceros24
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: CA
Contact:

Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:09 pm

+1 Ape Meets Girl
+1 Drake BTTF2 Foil

Excited to see these in person.
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3527
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:29 pm

toobs wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:
ihaveabadmonkey wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:Harder to resist 5 months ago. I probably could have today.
I just went through my Paypal to see when I bought the left facing foil print from the show.... May 23rd
Now do you think you'll get the prints before people who are buying them right now?
:cry: kinda true, ive been waiting forever

Image

I wonder how many of these runs they sold when they were originally on sale.
User avatar
bootstrut
Art Expert
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:33 pm

+1 88mph. I already have the Durieux set and the PCC set, but this one is really well done and I'm a sucker for BTTF
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3527
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:48 pm

image.jpeg
I wonder if all of that happened at the con or in transport. Either way: ouch. Cool orange though. I can't imagine there's a lot of purchases that come out of a crowded convention center unscathed.
User avatar
dylanosaur
Art Expert
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:53 am

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:54 am

He got that gorilla grip
User avatar
tenaciousjack
Art Expert
Posts: 2844
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:34 am

adamsmasher wrote:
jesseindisguise wrote:
cfrancese5 wrote:Seeing how many of the stouts they held back for the con makes me angry considering how long they milked that drop last week. Oh yeah, we're putting most of our stock up... sure you are.
People buying multiple copies too...saw one guy with six variants.
No one walked away with 6 copies of anything.
Not quite 6, but "mikescollectibles113" has sold two already and has another two up for sale on ebay.
User avatar
Z0MBIEproof
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:35 am

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:58 am

tenaciousjack wrote:
adamsmasher wrote:
jesseindisguise wrote:
cfrancese5 wrote:Seeing how many of the stouts they held back for the con makes me angry considering how long they milked that drop last week. Oh yeah, we're putting most of our stock up... sure you are.
People buying multiple copies too...saw one guy with six variants.
No one walked away with 6 copies of anything.
Not quite 6, but "mikescollectibles113" has sold two already and has another two up for sale on ebay.

:lurk: :lurk: :lurk:
Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image
User avatar
Z0MBIEproof
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:35 am

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:02 pm

HCG has some cool stuff..and I'll still buy from them...but here is my gripe....if we have been waiting since May for our Drake BTTF shouldn't you have mailed them out to us already...you know...prior to NYCC? Then taken the leftovers to NYCC? Take care of current customers prior to selling more posters at a convention...I'm still sitting here...waiting for a shipping notification on something I purchased 5 months ago...

Just a little confused on your thought process behind it all?

Explain if you would like...or ignore the comment altogether
Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image
User avatar
adamsmasher
Art Expert
Posts: 2360
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:44 pm
Contact:

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:15 pm

Z0MBIEproof wrote:HCG has some cool stuff..and I'll still buy from them...but here is my gripe....if we have been waiting since May for our Drake BTTF shouldn't you have mailed them out to us already...you know...prior to NYCC? Then taken the leftovers to NYCC? Take care of current customers prior to selling more posters at a convention...I'm still sitting here...waiting for a shipping notification on something I purchased 5 months ago...

Just a little confused on your thought process behind it all?

Explain if you would like...or ignore the comment altogether
Hey ZOMBIEproof, I wish we could've shipped these out to you first, but a multi-stage and super complicated approval process that wasn't 100% approved until Wednesday the 10th, the day before NYCC, prevented us from being able to ship them to you before NYCC.

Approvals are far more complicated than they might appear on the surface, and when coupled to the logistics and timing of tough printing schedules and so many numerous moving parts for NYCC, it made for the toughest of juggling acts.

We have yours in house at the gallery and they'll be shipping starting tomorrow, apologies for the delays, wish they could've been to you long ago.
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3527
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Why didn't you ship or contact local buyers from 5 months ago before selling more online on Friday? Surely those people should have been the priority. Why have you still not contacted local buyers? You've been open all weekend, no? Infact you've been open since Wednesday.
Post Reply