All Things Saber

General art-related discussion.
soupysound
EB Team

Tue May 24, 2016 12:54 pm

http://shop.saberone.com/
"RED AND BLACK" New Hand Embellished Serigraph Edition
$ 165.00
his Serigraph Edition was an experiment. I drew black scribbles, splats and spray-marks onto the clear film. Then scanned and zoomed way into some of these tiny accidental characteristics. I stumbled on to this smooth beautiful saturated red paper that felt perfect for this print.

This edition includes three split fountains, hand scratched, pencil, and hand spray-painted accents as well as hand embellished gold foil. fudge, I even hand deckled half the edition with master printer John Miner. I couldn't keep my hands off this thing. This print feels like a jewel in person. These photos don't do justice, really vibrant. Because the paper was smooth there is a lot of really nice texture interacting with the printed layers.

Disclosure: Every print is slightly different from the next. Between the hand embellishments, gold foil accents and split fountains each print has subtle variations.
-Size: 18 x 24 Inches
-Medium: 4-Color Serigraph Ultra-Red Fine Art Paper, Three Split Fountains, With Gold Foil Embellishment, Hand Done Spraypaint Fade, Hand Scratched Accents, Incorporated Signature With Pencil, Hand Deckled.
-Edition: 70 Only 46 Is Available
-Signed And Numbered.
-Comes With COA
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Damn, 45 of the 46 still available. :shock:
I'm not someone else.
soupysound
EB Team

Tue May 24, 2016 3:31 pm

looks like a lot of work went into these and (like he said).... i bet the jpgs don't do it justice. i just think the overall image is lacking somewhat. just not a must buy for me. although i am tempted. it helps i have another saber print still in my framing queue.
frykitty
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 24, 2016 5:43 pm

yeah the image isn't doing it for me... too bad..
ImageImageImage
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2016 10:58 pm

soupysound wrote:looks like a lot of work went into these and (like he said).... i bet the jpgs don't do it justice. i just think the overall image is lacking somewhat. just not a must buy for me. although i am tempted. it helps i have another saber print still in my framing queue.
I feel the same. I want to like it, but there' something about it I can't get over. I think if it didn't have the huge line running straight down the middle, I'd like it a lot more.
soupysound
EB Team

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:54 pm

new stuff up...

Blu & Gold.....Limited Hand Painted Series
$ 350.00
- Series is hand painted on blue water color paper.
- Medium: Gold acrylic paint
- I hand painted each signature using black screen printer ink which tends to dry thick as if it was embossed.
- Each piece is a unique and slightly different from the other.
- 19" X 25" approx.
- Limited 8 pieces in series
- Numbered in corner, I made a mistake and put the numbers in upper right corner. I decided to leave it, made the work that much more unique!
- Hand deckled edge
- COA

Black On Black.... Limited Hand Painted Series
$ 400.00
This original series is hand painted on very thick unique rubber coated paper.
- I hand painted each piece using black screen printer ink which tends to dry thick as if it was embossed.
- 19" X 25" approx.
- Limited 10 pieces in this series
- Numbered in bottom corner with pencil
- Hand deckled edge
- COA
- Each piece is unique and slightly different from the other.

"ORANGEKRUSH 4".... Original Works On Paper
$ 950.00
This paper is absolutely beautiful, really thick with heavy texture. I use these paper series to loosen up and play with new shapes and techniques before working on larger canvas work.
- There is only 4 of this color way
- Medium: Mixed media on heavy rag water color paper.
- 87 cm x 120 cm approx.
- Signed with gold acrylic paint at bottom
- Numbered at the bottom
- COA

soupysound
EB Team

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:36 pm

a few things in the shop...

ImageImage

GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:54 pm

Does anyone have the Saber book? Is it a good book? I really want the lino flags so I'm tempted to buy the box set but....
I'm not someone else.
ciphe
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:57 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:Does anyone have the Saber book? Is it a good book? I really want the lino flags so I'm tempted to buy the box set but....
I haven't read the book, set is a little steep, but tempting!
matt925
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:21 am

GoBluePanic wrote:Does anyone have the Saber book? Is it a good book? I really want the lino flags so I'm tempted to buy the box set but....
I have it. I got it from amazon for around $20 and its a dope book for that price. Over 230 full size pages with tons of great pics. I wouldn't pay his price for it though. I guess it's oop now but it's not like it was a self released book, it was regularly available from retailers. Mine isn't signed but I have his sig on something else so I'm good...
leary411
Art Expert

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:05 am

Doing some flat file clean up and I took this bad boy out and kinda forgot that the back of the print has this great pseudoish flag on the back side.

Front:

Back:
T.K.C.
toddzilla444
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:14 am

image.jpeg

I still think that green flag belongs under the "only" orange one .............want to trade it for a blue one + some $$$ ???

:D
leary411
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:39 pm

Love your wall !

No interest in the blue flag... Do have flag envy over the BW 2010 guy on your wall :drool:
T.K.C.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

toddzilla444 wrote:
image.jpeg

I still think that green flag belongs under the "only" orange one .............want to trade it for a blue one + some $$$ ???

:D
Awesome :notworthy: :drool:
I'm not someone else.
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 am

Anyone want to sell me an old flag on the cheap?
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).