Coop: Devil Girl Silkscreen Print

General art-related discussion.
seriopress
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Miner
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Nice! Coop is back at it, making great prints again! What's Stainboy going to do for a living now that the original, Coop is putting out prints again! HA! HA!
ricv64
Art Expert

Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 pm

I wouldn't say thats back it's a rehash .Now if he rehashed that girl from that Ramones DVD I'd be into it . Stainboy is honest about his influance from Coop but I don't see it affectting his living
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
lsmith55
Art Expert

Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 pm

The nips need more pink.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
Miner
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 pm

So, an artist consistently producing work in their signature style is a "re-hash"? I guess it is according to the "Art Experts" here. Artists like Shepard Fairey have just been "re-hasing" themselves for years, maybe Shepard should use more pastel colors and start oil painting.
antiyou
Art Expert

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:44 pm

This ^ is why it's a rehash you dolt. (though I do agree on your fairey comments)
Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.
Miner
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:20 pm

This new one has the good parts visible, what every one wants! I would love to see the reference photos of the model on this one. He actually does shoots himself for this stuff. Have you seen his Flickr pages? Wow! Supposedly there is a invite only one with all the good, naughty bits!
Stainboy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:35 am

Miner wrote:Nice! Coop is back at it, making great prints again! What's Stainboy going to do for a living now that the original, Coop is putting out prints again! HA! HA!
I have never, ever denied Coop's influence on my earlier stuff. It's how I learned inking with a brush. We all learn and hopefully move forward.

You could actually take a look at some of my current work before posting bullshit.

Thanks in advance and have a great drymountin' day!
downtown
Art Expert

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:12 pm

I collect Stainboy & Coop and I love them both
maddog76
Flipper

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:49 pm

Stainboy wrote:
Miner wrote:Nice! Coop is back at it, making great prints again! What's Stainboy going to do for a living now that the original, Coop is putting out prints again! HA! HA!
I have never, ever denied Coop's influence on my earlier stuff. It's how I learned inking with a brush. We all learn and hopefully move forward.

You could actually take a look at some of my current work before posting bullshit.

Thanks in advance and have a great drymountin' day!
Slap fight!!!!
Stainboy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:48 am

No slap fight.

To be clear: I have no problem with real criticism of my stuff. Not everyone appreciates my work and I know many on EB don't dig it at all. That's fair enough. I get that. But I've contributed a lot of blood and sweat to the gig poster "community" and like it or not, my work is part of it. I'm always respectful to other artists. I've always appreciated the people who buy my work or take the time to come to my shows. I try to keep my prices affordable and deal with people as human beings.

Most of the time I don't respond to hit-and-run comments like this. It's the internet and there's no shortage of asswipes. But in a specialized forum like this one, I prefer to respond to this kind of fudge head-on. I've heard it all from people like miner my entire life. I still wake up the next day and continue doing my thing.

Miner, I ask you: where's your work? When's your next exhibit? Where can I find your art book? Feel free to take up your problem with me, personally. Until that time, shut your hole.

Your pal,
Le Stain
antiyou
Art Expert

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:52 pm

I, personally wish there were more Stainboy GP's. Versus the crop of street art that is making it's way into the GP scene, your style would be a relief to me.
Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.
Stainboy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Thanks antiyou. My own tastes vary - I like a lot of diverse styles and I do appreciate more subtle design and color schemes. But the majority of bands I work for are hard rock or punk and many of those bands want/like poster designs that are colorful, loud, aggressive and humorous. I have done more subtle stuff for bands like the Decemberists and I enjoy it.

Kozik, Lindsey Kuhn and 70s movie posters in general have had far more influence on my stuff than Coop ever will. Coop did not invent inking with a brush or thin-to-thick line work. It's not hard to find earlier work by other artists that Coop himself has "ripped". I'm not slighting the man. We all recycle and juxtapose styles and imagery.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Love your use of color, Le Stain!

Fortunately, I am allowed to hang boobies in our home and can hang a majority of your stuff. All except the Suicide Girls, I had to pass that one along after the wedding... :lol:

I would love to see more silkscreen art prints of your stuff. :notworthy:
Stainboy
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:25 pm

I am locked away working and trying a lot of new things. New art prints will be coming soon. I'm going back to the art I enjoy the most and focusing on hyperrealistic erotic and "pinup" (for lack of a better word) art. The silkscreens will be no less colorful. I'll also be producing some giclees of some very detailed pencil drawings. I will still be doing rock posters but 'Stainboy' will only exist in the rock poster world. It's time to focus more on my own thing...whatever that 'thing' turns out to be...