Any ideas what/who this is?

General art-related discussion.
itsdug
Art Expert

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:34 pm

A friend is trying to figure this out. I think there is statue called The Three Soldiers...

Thanks for your help.
no comment ®
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:15 pm

The statue is part of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.

Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
itsdug
Art Expert

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:16 pm

I learned that much. Looking for info on the art print. This an art print site now isn't it?
no comment ®
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:23 pm

:fight:
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:23 pm

no help from Google. sorry.

searched 'three soldiers vietnam canvas print Wendel' and they seem to think this is related..

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
itsdug
Art Expert

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Yeah, couldn't find anything on Google or here. Figured it was worth asking here.
no comment ®
binky79
Art Expert

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:31 pm

According to this Amazon page its The Vet by David Wendel

http://www.amazon.com/The-David-Wendel- ... roduct_top
Features: Giclee on canvas 36 x 48 x 1.5 inch overall size Ready to Hang Wall Art Professionally mounted on a lightweight wooden frameGiclee (jee-clay) is an advanced printmaking process for creating high quality fine art reproductions. The attainable excellence that Giclee printmaking affords makes the reproduction virtually indistinguishable from the original artwork. The result is wide acceptance of Giclee by galleries, museums, and private collectors. Now you can experience all thevisual spendournbspof David Wendel's atmospheric artwork. "The Vet" willnbspbe anbsphansomenbspaccent fornbspany home or office. David Wendel was born in Kansas City, Missouri, in 1954. His dad was a salesman, so they moved often, settling to Georgia in 1969. He's lived there since then. Wendel married in 1979 settling down with his wife Kate, two sons, Drew and Tor, and their two dogs, Comet and Benny. "The American Car" portraits are dedicated to the classic fifties American automobile from the Big Three. American confidence, optimism and swagger have never been better expressed than in their flamboyant designs. These cars were palettes for imaginative designers who were encouraged to emulate space flight and fighter planes. This series comes from Wendel's childhood. The massive chrome bumpers and grill reflected everything like a fun-house mirror. As a child, these were at eye-level, making it an all encompassing reality. In the pieces, He's tried to capture a particular design element of the automobile in a dynamic composition. As to scale, this size is how it appeared to him during the 50s & 60s. Concerning his work in general, subject matter is something Wendel find visually interesting, but in the end, not near as important as the execution of the composition. The contrast of shape, space and light define the piece. A reflective quality is one that Wendel find himself searching out, and he feels it gives the piece life and energy. The subject image is one that can
Artists Facebook (?)
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:40 pm

The Vet by David Wendel is a Limited Edition Hand Signed individually numbered giclee on canvas. Now you can experience all the visual spendour of David Wendel's atmospheric artwork. "The Vet" will be a hansome accent for any home or office. Features: Artwork's Medium: Giclee on canvas. 14 x 19 print with 2" white matte (16 x 21). Individually hand numbered by the artist . Limited Edition signed artwork by David Wendel. Certificate of authenticity included. David Wendel was born in Kansas City, Missouri, in 1954. His dad was a salesman, so they moved often, settling to Georgia in 1969. He's lived there since then. Wendel married in 1979 settling down with his wife Kate, two sons, Drew and Tor, and their two dogs, Comet and Benny. "The American Car" portraits are dedicated to the classic fifties American automobile from the Big Three. American confidence, optimism and swagger have never been better expressed than in their flamboyant designs. These cars were palettes for imaginative designers who were encouraged to emulate space flight and fighter planes. This series comes from Wendel's childhood. The massive chrome bumpers and grill reflected everything like a fun-house mirror. As a child, these were at eye-level, making it an all encompassing reality. In the pieces, He's tried to capture a particular design element of the automobile in a dynamic composition. As to scale, this size is how it appeared to him during the 50's & 60's. Concerning his work in general, subject matter is something Wendel find visually interesting, but in the end, not near as important as the execution of the composition. The contrast of shape, space and light define the piece. A reflective quality is one that Wendel find himself searching out, and he feels it gives the piece life and energy. The subject image is one that can be taken from anywhere. From an execution standpoint, Wendel's style has gone from a pastel, wash-like quality to a thicker, "loaded brush" type

Originally offered at Target?
The Vet By David Wendel - Red/ White

$99.99 from Target.com
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
fredo
Art God

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:45 pm

I wonder who he pissed off at google.
just a foil for me today, thanks
itsdug
Art Expert

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:50 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:Image
The Vet by David Wendel is a Limited Edition Hand Signed individually numbered giclee on canvas. Now you can experience all the visual spendour of David Wendel's atmospheric artwork. "The Vet" will be a hansome accent for any home or office. Features: Artwork's Medium: Giclee on canvas. 14 x 19 print with 2" white matte (16 x 21). Individually hand numbered by the artist . Limited Edition signed artwork by David Wendel. Certificate of authenticity included. David Wendel was born in Kansas City, Missouri, in 1954. His dad was a salesman, so they moved often, settling to Georgia in 1969. He's lived there since then. Wendel married in 1979 settling down with his wife Kate, two sons, Drew and Tor, and their two dogs, Comet and Benny. "The American Car" portraits are dedicated to the classic fifties American automobile from the Big Three. American confidence, optimism and swagger have never been better expressed than in their flamboyant designs. These cars were palettes for imaginative designers who were encouraged to emulate space flight and fighter planes. This series comes from Wendel's childhood. The massive chrome bumpers and grill reflected everything like a fun-house mirror. As a child, these were at eye-level, making it an all encompassing reality. In the pieces, He's tried to capture a particular design element of the automobile in a dynamic composition. As to scale, this size is how it appeared to him during the 50's & 60's. Concerning his work in general, subject matter is something Wendel find visually interesting, but in the end, not near as important as the execution of the composition. The contrast of shape, space and light define the piece. A reflective quality is one that Wendel find himself searching out, and he feels it gives the piece life and energy. The subject image is one that can be taken from anywhere. From an execution standpoint, Wendel's style has gone from a pastel, wash-like quality to a thicker, "loaded brush" type

Originally offered at Target?
The Vet By David Wendel - Red/ White

$99.99 from Target.com
Thanks
no comment ®
canuck
Art Freak

Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:31 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:

:drool: