Sandra Chevrier

General art-related discussion.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:34 pm

What happened between her and BNG is unfortunate and I agree...it's her loss. That aside, there have been other artists who have made similar comparisons/complaints and no one went out of their way to call them out like these guys are doing to Chevrier and no call-outs on this level for artists who rip people off.

I don't know her and I don't buy her art. I'm not out to become a self-appointed forum cop - that's the last thing I want to do. I can take A LOT and I knew what I was in for when I signed-up on this forum, but this thread took it over the line.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:52 pm

IWish wrote:What happened between her and BNG is unfortunate and I agree...it's her loss. That aside, there have been other artists who have made similar comparisons/complaints and no one went out of their way to call them out like these guys are doing to Chevrier and no call-outs on this level for artists who rip people off.

I don't know her and I don't buy her art. I'm not out to become a self-appointed forum cop - that's the last thing I want to do. I can take A LOT and I knew what I was in for when I signed-up on this forum, but this thread took it over the line.
Putting us to the side though, I do understand your viewpoints but the issue with today's society is that people are automatically deemed "haters" of all while they honestly are just being observant with an opinion. Kim Kardashian and the slut shaming essay comes to mind. Just because people comment on her and how she's gotten famous and not being a role mode, doesn't mean that person "slut shames" women everywhere. They just have very negative opinions about Kim.

Obviously there are words you didn't like and shouldn't have been said but I don't think we should automatically assume people are misognyists because they have their own choice words for someone they have observed not to like in this case a female artist.

Think that all makes sense in my head.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:31 pm

I'm not going to finger-point to those who possess misogynistic tendencies in their character(s). BUT, they are present here and in the outside world...it gets tiresome and offensive. I'm not insinuating that everyone on this forum has this same opinion towards women - I am not an unreasonable person.
technique
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:17 pm

IWish wrote:I'm not going to finger-point to those who possess misogynistic tendnacies in their character(s). BUT, they are present here and in the outside world...it gets tiresome and offensive. I'm not insinuating that everyone on this forum has this same opinion towards women - I am not an unreasonable person.
If only their significant others could see how they talk on here or maybe they really wouldn't be surprised who knows.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:11 pm

technique wrote:
IWish wrote:I'm not going to finger-point to those who possess misogynistic tendnacies in their character(s). BUT, they are present here and in the outside world...it gets tiresome and offensive. I'm not insinuating that everyone on this forum has this same opinion towards women - I am not an unreasonable person.
If only their significant others could see how they talk on here or maybe they really wouldn't be surprised who knows.
I didn't jump on the name calling bandwagon here, but I feel obliged to tell you that kitten is one of my wife's favorite words. But she has a sense of humor, so her opinion may not apply to these proceedings. Seriously guys, misogynist is a way more offensive insult than kitten.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Good for your wife. I also have a sense of humor, but prefer not to use extreme vulgarity.

Chevrier was getting an undeserved beatdown, here. I find it curious that other artists have made the same complaint, (or worse), and received nowhere near the level of post/comments that were made in this thread.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:11 pm

This is still going on?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:12 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:This is still going on?
how dare you come up in here running that kitten mouth of yours
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:16 pm

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Last edited by alittle on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:24 pm

You know what I said is the truth.
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Last edited by alittle on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
technique
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Aperma could be your new alt here soon
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Man, you're hilarious. You use all your brain power for the day to come up with that one?
technique
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:58 pm

alittle wrote:Man, you're hilarious. You use all your brain power for the day to come up with that one?

Not really, Duh, OOF, etc